Chapter 25

The Little Merman

 

Eagerness was all Jungkook felt as they returned to the castle. The sky darkened but he didn't feel tired at all. The thought of Jimin singing to him would be keeping him energetic enough. He might not even go to sleep afterwards just with Jimin's voice stuck in his head.

 

The difference now that they were going back to the castle was that Jimin's hand was holding his tightly. Both still soaked yet happy. Jungkook could feel the emotions emitting from Jimin. The other must be just as excited to share his masterpiece. Jungkook had so many ideas but clearly the end result was going to be better than he expected.

 

The guards that had been posted at the front of the castle were talking with a citizen so no one caught them holding hands or entering the castle. There was no one in the throne room meaning Jimin's parents had more than likely retired to their chambers. No one should be summoning Jimin meaning he would have his beloved all to himself.

 

Jimin was giggling as he led him into a hallway with a bunch of doors. It had taken going through countless doors until finally Jimin told him to enter before him. Jungkook did so and could hear Jimin right behind him. He heard the door close and he spun around to examine the room they were in. He was left awestruck.

 

The room was excessively spacious. The long windows had their dark red curtains pushed back and the moonlight peeked through the windows, giving light in the massive room. Jungkook didn't know what this room was called but he thought important things happened here. It reminded him of the room where the concerts were held. Would Jimin be singing in here?

 

Jungkook wheeled around to Jimin who could tell what he wanted to ask. "This is the ballroom. When we host balls and parties this is where it happens. It's a sight to see...All these people dancing in one room."

 

He watched as Jimin walked in front of him. Jungkook could see the yearning in Jimin's eyes. Something told him that the show was about to start soon enough.

 

"I wrote this song for someone else...Someone who sang a song for me. I wanted this to be as beautiful and meaningful as that person's." Jimin explained.

 

Jungkook wondered if Jimin could tell if he was asking why he wanted him to hear it. His question was answered.

 

"I'm singing this to you...Because you're not like my group of friends. You're...Jungkook." They both grinned, Jimin laughing a bit. He carried on, "You've made me feel different, Jungkook. We've only been together for two days yet...It feels like it's been more. You're different from everyone else, that's why I wanted to share this with you. I trust you with these feelings."

 

Jungkook nodded at the human prince would smiled back at him. Jungkook straightened up as he watched every single move Jimin made.

 

I modeungeon uyeoni anya

Geunyang, geunyang naui neukkimeuro

On sesangi eojewan dalla

Geunyang, geunyang neoui gippeumeuro

 

Jungkook widened his eyes by the sound coming out of Jimin's mouth. Sungwoon saying Jimin's voice was "amazing" was an understatement. Jungkook imagined Jimin to have a wonderful voice but this was more than amazing and wonderful. Jimin's voice was beautiful.

 

Standing right there with his eyes on Jimin, he was listening to the heart song written for him. Jimin wouldn't ever know who he truly was but that didn't matter at the moment. Listening to Jimin's voice made him think only about the lovely human he had fallen in love with. How he didn't want to ever leave him.

 

Seolleneun mankeum manhi duryeowo

Unmyeongi uril jakku jiltuhaeseo

Neomankeum nado manhi museowo

When you see me

When you touch me

 

All of a sudden Jimin came closer to him. Jungkook remembered them being back on the rowboat in the lagoon. Was this the moment that Jimin was going to kiss him? Even though he had closed his eyes the first time, Jungkook couldn't bring himself to do it again. Instead he kept his eyes wide open as he watched Jimin.

 

Jimin's lips never touched him but that didn't mean he avoided him. Jimin wrapped one arm around his waist and grasped one of his hands. It took Jungkook a second to realize what Jimin was doing. It was a similar form of affection mers did - Jaehyun said humans called it a "waltz" and for humans it was a form of dancing.

 

Jimin was dancing with him. Before getting the opportunity to think of anything else, irrelevant or relevant, Jimin waltzed him away from where they had been standing. Jungkook kept his eyes on Jimin's as the human prince led the dance. Jungkook hoped he wasn't too horrible but he noticed waltzes weren't that difficult after a while. It was rather romantic.

 

Neon nae pureun gompangi

Nal guwonhaejun naui cheonsa naui sesang

Nan ne samsaek goyangi neol mannareo on

Love me now

Touch me now

 

It was all so much. Jungkook couldn't even find the words to describe how magical this all was.

 

Just let me love you

Just let me love you

Ujuga cheoeum saenggyeonasseul ttaebuteo

Modeun geon jeonghaejin geoyeosseo

Just let me love you

 

Hearing "just let me love you" and Jimin staring right back at him, the moment felt so perfect. Everything seemed to be going so right - better than back on the rowboat. Jungkook had to believe that Jimin would kiss him during this passionate and affectionate time. He would wait and see. And they always had tomorrow until sunset.

 

All he wanted to do was let Jimin love him like he wished. He longed for them to both touch each other as lovers did. Thinking about all the possibilities of things they could do together made his cheeks go red. All that really mattered was that he was with his prince.

 

Let me love, let me love you

Let me love, let me love you

 

Jungkook was surprised when Jimin suddenly dipped him down. Regardless, Jimin was holding him securely. Their faces were close once more and Jungkook was into the moment. It didn't take long before Jimin himself realized that he was into it as well.

 

Just as what had happened before, Jungkook saw Jimin's face getting closer to his. Within seconds their lips were ghosting over each other's. Jungkook closed his eyes and placed one of his hands on Jimin's chest just as Jimin was about to claim his lips.

 

The kiss never came.

 

"Jimin!"

 

Jungkook and Jimin turned to where the door was and saw Hyoshin and Sejeong and a few guards standing at the doorway.

 

Jimin carefully brought Jungkook properly without dropping him. Jungkook was no longer concerned about their kiss. He was worried about what would happen to Jimin. Seemingly humans weren't fond of couples with the same gender and the fact that Jimin's father had caught them nearly kissing wasn't going to end well.

 

If he could Jungkook would grab Jimin's hand and run out of the castle with him. That's what he wanted to do.

 

"I demand to speak to you right now, Jimin." Hyoshin commanded his son angrily. Sejeong didn't look too happy either.

 

Jimin at the moment would obey but he needed to do something first. "Right away, just let me say goodnight to Jungkook." He picked up Jungkook's right hand and kissed the back of it. "I'll see you tomorrow, Kookie."

 

Jungkook wasn't just blushing because of the kiss on his hand or the little nickname. The fact that Jimin suggested they'd be seeing each other tomorrow. He still had tomorrow left so there was a chance that Jimin would kiss him!

 

He nodded at Jimin before running out of the room. He had to pass the royals and guards but he did so. Jeonghee was outside so she escorted him back to his room. All he could think about was how tomorrow would be the beginning of the rest of his life with Jimin.

 

Tonight he'd sleep with a smile on his face and Jimin's song and voice echoing in his head.

 

 

✯✯✯

 

 

Nothing had changed. Nothing would ever. From here on out their words would remain the same. The feelings that welled up in them would be exact. There wouldn't be a change. No compromise. No one would end up happy. Someone lost and someone won. So far throughout all of these times, he has lost. Now, he wasn't too sure about that.

 

Hyoshin had been enraged to have walked in on that. Sejeong stayed back nodding and agreeing with her husband. Like two minds attached, Jimin thought about his parents.

 

His father hadn't screamed but he had made threats. Hyoshin swore that he'd disown Jimin and he'd be nothing in Mikrokosmos if he kept it up. Jimin listened while thinking about his life and the choices that were laid out for him. He had to make a decision and someone was going to lose and someone was going to win like always.

 

Things had been changed. His parents were going to arrange a marriage for him. No longer would he be calling the shots. He would be getting married once a random chosen princess was picked and arrived at the kingdom. He'd be married. He'd be king. And he would be unhappy and lying to the world that he was something he wasn't.

 

He didn't want that though. Although he didn't want that life he couldn't just jump out on it. He wanted to he completely sure of the choice he was choosing.

 

After agreeing to their terms he had ran off to the beach. It was beautiful outside. A nice breeze and the waves crashing on top of each other. Coming out to listen to the ocean was soothing and it helped him think. He would find the answer here.

 

"Jimin!" He turned to see Sungwoon approaching him.

 

With the thought of these choices and Jungkook in his head, Jimin had forgotten all about the pain his friends had made him feel. He would have to apologize to them.

 

"Sungwoon-hyung? How did you know I was out here?" That was a stupid question to ask but he still asked it.

 

Sungwoon wasn't disturbed, "Are you still searching for your savior?"

 

Jimin looked at the waves that once had carried his unconscious body until someone saved him.

 

"I don't know." He answered bluntly.

 

Sungwoon was taken back by this, "What? I...This is new, Jimin." He took a seat on the rock Jimin was on. "What do you mean you don't know?"

 

Jimin felt bad for saying it, "I think...I think I might be developing feelings for Jungkook...I wanted to kiss him and we nearly did." He gazed upon his friend to see a smile.

 

"You see, Jimin? We search for an answer just to realize one was right in front of us this whole time," Sungwoon clarified. Still it didn't prove why Jimin looked distressed. "So what's holding you back?"

 

Jimin exhaled, "My parents caught us...I'm going to betrothed to some princess."

 

"You don't want that, of course," Jimin nodded. Sungwoon raised an eyebrow, "So what's stopping you from running into Jungkook's arms?"

 

Jimin searched around the beach, "If I choose Jungkook I lose not only my family but my savior. The one who loves me."

 

"Think of it this way, Jimin. Jungkook can be your savior." Sungwoon summed up. Jimin questioned him with a look. "You'll he unhappy with your arranged life, if you choose him you're free from it. Why can't you have Jungkook as your savior?"

 

Jimin bit down on his lip. Sungwoon wasn't entirely wrong about that. Jungkook would be his savior from his depressed life. He would get to be with him. It didn't sound horrible at all.

 

"It's a leap, no doubt, but you get to decide if you want to take it." Sungwoon said as he got up from where he sat. He turned to Jimin, "If I may say, far better than any savior boy, is one of flesh and blood, one warm and caring, and right before your eyes." He left and headed back.

 

Jimin glanced at the balcony where Jungkook's room was. In that room was the one he beginning to develop feelings for. Maybe he'd never get to see the man who saved him. He had Jungkook who was here now and wouldn't leave him, it seemed.

 

It was decided. He was going to choose Jungkook.

 

Jimin got up from where he sat and was about to make his way back to the castle when he heard something familiar.

 

Yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah

Euphoria

 

Those words. That voice. Jimin felt his head suddenly ache a bit. It was the words that only one person knew besides him. It was the person he was searching for. The one who saved him from his demise.

 

The human prince spun around and out in the far distance there was a large cloud of fog. He tried to adjust his eyes but he couldn't see clearly due to the fog. He wanted to though. He wanted to look upon his savior.

 

Yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah

Euphoria

 

The fog went light and there walking closer and closer was a young woman. She had long dark straight hair and white flawless skin. She was dressed in a long purple dress and there was a black cloak over her shoulders blowing in the wind with her hair. She also had a golden seashell necklace that was oddly glowing.

 

He could see moving too and noise coming out. Her voice was so beautiful. Jimin realized that this was the one who saved him. His thoughts would've told him that in no possible way could that have been his savior since it had been a male's voice. However his thoughts weren't necessarily in his control.

 

Yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah

Euphoria

 

No, this was the girl who had saved him. He had been searching all this time for a female. The beautiful song she had created just for him and how lovingly she sang it. Serendipity was meant for her and no one else.

 

Jimin's eyes glowed gold as the woman finally was face to face with him. All he could hear was that voice and those words that repeated in his head. Unknown to him it was those words and voice that he loved that were manipulating him to do something that would ruin his life without him even knowing.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

     くコ:彡くコ:彡くコ:彡

 

I know there are no Prince Eric solos in the movie but I couldn't help it. With the whole idea of "heart songs" amongst the Merfolk I wanted Jimin to have a song for Kookie too. Serendipity and Euphoria were amazing choices. What did you guys think? Comments are loved <3