Chapter 18

The Little Merman

 

While he was humming his savior's song, Chimmy lifted his nose up. Jimin stared at the waves of the wide deep blue when Chimmy sniffed something out. As it had been food or a toy, the dog ran off while barking. Perplexed by Chimmy's sudden reaction, Jimin couldn't even visualize what his dog had sensed.

 

"Wait up, Chims!" Jimin called out to his dog that kept running, Jimin trailing behind.

 

The human prince was unmindful to the reality that he'd be meeting the one he looking for finally.

 

 

 

✯✯✯

 

 

 

Jaehyun had his arms crossed while inspecting Jungkook. No human had fiery red hair and no man had such enthralling beauty — they'd be riveted with his voice if he still had it. Voice for legs. This would all prove if Jimin and Jungkook truly loved each other. He didn't know how love can be developed in three days but sometimes others knew faster than other folk. He knew Doyoung was perfect for him when seeing him the first time.

 

Mers sang heart songs (what he learned from Jungkook and Hoseok). Jungkook in a way had accomplished that step when he saved Jimin. Now they would need to see if the human loved Jungkook.

 

At the moment Jungkook was standing up straight, as best as he could. Being a first timer at having legs, he could be doing worse. He wasn't quivering every second if he had begun walking normally. If he walked steadily with a leisured pace his legs weren't too wobbly. It was all a process.

 

"You can do this, Kookie!" Jaehyun applauded and flinched when he heard a dog barking. Jaehyun turned to see a dog running towards Jungkook.

 

Hoseok gasped, hiding underwater. Jackson followed the green tailed mer. Both only kept their eyes on the surface as they witnessed what was to happen. Jaehyun had morphed into his swan form and stayed behind a rock as he observed.

 

Jungkook was tackled onto the sand as the dog jumped on him in exhilaration. Like on the ship, he was being happily by the dog. He wiped away the slobber just for more to get on him. His attention was caught when he heard someone familiar.

 

"Chimmy! Calm down, boy...What's gotten into you?" Jimin went towards Chimmy and ruffled his fur. Jimin saw Jungkook. "Oh, now I see...Um, are you okay, sir?" He assisted Jungkook up to his feet by grabbing Jungkook's soft hands.

 

Jimin apologized, "Sorry about Chims. He's harmless, I promise. Have we...Have we met before?" Jimin smiled elatedly. "We have met! You're the one! The one I've been searching for! What's your name?" Finally, he had found who he was searching for.

 

Jungkook mouthed "Jungkook" to Jimin. Jimin sulked.

 

"What's the matter? Y...You can't speak?" Jimin asked, earning a shaken head from Jungkook. Jimin was disheartened, "Oh, you can't be who I've been looking for."

 

In frustration Jungkook began motioning things with his hands. Jimin watched, "Are you hurt?"

 

Jungkook took one step frontward just to drop down. He never touched the ground since Jimin's reflexes were on point. Jimin caught him before he fell. Jungkook gulped. Things were coming together one by one.

 

"Whoa, whoa, be careful, easy," Jimin said as he held Jungkook, wrapping an arm around the red head's waist. "Don't worry, I'll help you, I promise."

 

The beginning of something beautiful, Jungkook thought as he couldn't resist the desire to lean into Jimin holding him.

 

 

 

✯✯✯

 

 

 

The hospitality he had been given was pleasant, in Jungkook's opinion. As an outsider and guest he was being accommodated well. His thoughts were mainly on meeting Jimin that he hadn't considered the likelihood that he would be disregarded since he was some stranger the prince had discovered half on the beach. Jimin didn't even know his name!

 

The castle and beach were fairly close so he didn't get a look at what the whole kingdom looked like. He anticipated that he would since it would be nice to see a human kingdom in comparison to the mer kingdom he had been familiarized with his entire life. Once Jimin brought him to the castle they were welcomed by Jimin's friend from the ship that gave him the statue. His name was Ha Sungwoon.

 

Sungwoon had called out to someone named "Jeonghee" who came running into the throne room. Jungkook had his eyes set on the two thrones. It was like back under the sea. His mother's throne was still left unoccupied as his father wanted. Many admirers sought the throne that belonged to Jin, but it the only mer it would be handed to is Yoongi's life mate once he was crowned king and married.

 

Jeonghee was dressed in a black dress with a white apron as she listened to what Sungwoon was telling her. Jimin promised him that they'd meet in the dining room while Jeonghee helped him get ready. Jimin advised Jeonghee that Jungkook was light on his feet.

 

That was how Jungkook was in the position he was in now. Sitting in a large tub of water and bubbles. In his sixteen years of living he'd never seen the white, fluffy substance Jeonghee called "bubbles." The woman said bubble baths were comforting and the best when under stress. Jungkook recognized that it was quite an enjoyment he could get used to.

 

Jungkook scooped up some bubbles in his hands and blew them. He giggled. If only Hoseok was with him. He carried on with playing with the bubbles.

 

"Don't worry about a thing, dear, we'll have you feeling better in no time," Jeonghee comforted Jungkook. She held his torn, damaged out trousers. "Hmm, definitely not appropriate for dinner." The boy would need a new wardrobe.

 

 

 

✯✯✯

 

 

 

Sungwoon had been hearing the same thing ever since Jimin's seventeenth birthday. He had supposed his friend had been continuing a bad injury. Jimin knew who he was and all about his life (Sungwoon had made sure just in case.) Jimin was physically and emotionally fine. Mentally was a different can of worms and it involved a story from Jimin himself.

 

The boy who saved Jimin from the ocean. The boy with a beautiful voice. The boy who just vanished into thin air once Chimmy and he spotted Jimin on the beach. It was nonsense! Nonsense that Jimin swore was accurate.

 

The two men were in the large dining room. There was an enormous window that displayed a brilliant view of the beach. A long rectangular table with three chairs, one at the end at two at the left and right. Jimin was at the end and Sungwoon sitting at the left chair.

 

"Be rational, Jimin-ah," Sungwoon started. They had gone through this a few times before. "The boy with the rich voice saving you? My friend, you just washed up a shore."

 

Jimin objected strongly, "He's real, Sungwoon-hyyng! And I'm going to find him and I’m going to —"

 

Sungwoon raised an eyebrow, "What are you going to do when you find him, Jimin? Marry him?"

 

Jimin glowered at him, "I didn't say that."

 

"You wanted to, though," Sungwoon pointed out. It's like Jimin wasn't trying to be subtle, but things slipped up.

 

"You know things can't be like that...I...I want to find him regardless, Sungwoon-hyyng." Jimin said.

 

Sungwoon breathed out, "How are your parents going to feel when they come back from their voyage to discover you brought in a random nobody into the castle?"

 

"Don't be mean," Jimin didn't regret bringing the red haired boy in. He was cute. "He's a friend."

 

Sungwoon took Jimin's hands, "You can tell me anything, you know? I won't judge you at all no matter what it is. You don't have to share EVERYTHING with your parents, but you can with me. You know that, right?"

 

Jimin sent him a small smile. "I know...Thank you, Sungwoon-hyung."