Chapter 11

The Little Merman

 

It was arranged in his mind. It had taken the blue haired prince about a day to plan how the proposal was to go. All mers sang their heart songs to their potential mates. He would be doing the same. Taehyung had spent all last night practicing so he'd have the flawless melody and pitch. The only audience would be his intended but he'd rather not have his voice crack during the heart song.

 

Jungkook had established that Hoseok was spending a lot of time in the music room composing his own song. Taehyung thanked his baby brother for being a spy for him though he had never asked him to do so. Jungkook rolled his eyes and threatened him to carry out with the proposal. Jungkook wanted Hoseok to be his brother. Taehyung didn't say a thing.

 

Taehyung hadn't gone with the little pearl Yoongi had offered. Just for Hoseok, Taehyung had a green sea shell ring for his intended. Hoseok's favorite color was green and his tail was the same color. The green sea shell felt more suitable for the bubbly merman than the shiny pearl. He wanted it to be perfect.

 

It felt like a form of manipulation on the plan he had agreed on. Yoongi had suggested it and Taehyung didn't see it being the worst idea ever. The fact that Hoseok wasn't stopping Jungkook from going up to the surface proved that he may not agree with banning the young prince from doing so. Taehyung hoped Hoseok loved him enough to allow him to be distracted.

 

Yoongi said that he might have to be subtle about persuading Hoseok to make sure Jungkook stays in the palace. It wasn't all good but they were doing it for a good cause. Jungkook's thoughts weren't good for him.

 

Taehyung slowly swam up to the music room. He placed the closed oyster shell on the ground near the entrance. He was stopped by a mermaid with a soft pink colored dark and dark brown curly hair. He remembered her name was Jennie Kim. She had been one of the mermaids that have sent him suggestive looks that he politely ignored.

 

"Hello, Prince Taehyung," Jennie greeted the blue haired prince.

 

Taehyung didn't want to be impolite but the mermaid was blocking his way from entering the music room. He needed to get to Hoseok. He didn't know how long the merman would stay there.

 

Graciously, he responded back, "Hi Jennie...How are you doing this fine morning?" He hoped she wouldn't jabber too much.

 

Jennie appreciates the question, "Oh how sweet, my prince!" She shyly smiled, "I'm doing well. How about you?"

 

Taehyung felt his mouth go dry, his smile never went away, "Good, well really...I was going to continue composing a song."

 

Jennie was taken back, "Oh, how exciting!" She sent him a suggestive look, "Maybe we should meet up and compose a masterpiece together?"

 

As long as he got inside the music room pronto, Taehyung agreed, "Yeah sure! I'll make sure to tell you when is a good time."

 

Jennie was ecstatic and expressed thanks him before swimming away. Taehyung was just glad that he could finally go inside. What he saw surprised as well as what he heard. The prince stayed at the entrance of the room and witnessed.

 

Hamkke haneun neukkim-i joh-a, neowa

Hamkke haneun chumdeul-i joh-a, neowa

Ulin dalbich alae shadow

Fall in... fall in...

 

Hoseok sang loudly as he swam around the room elatedly.

 

I just wanna, wanna, wanna

I really wanna, wanna, wanna

Just dance

 

Seeing the merman all jovial and smiley faced caused him to develop feelings for him. Taehyung had a hard time continuing after the death or their mother. He figured it was worst for Yoongi who kept to himself and hardly ever talked about himself. Taehyung thought Hoseok to be foolish by how positive he was about things. He had thought the green tailed mer was too happy for his own good.

 

Taehyung saw the change in Jungkook though. His baby brother was smiling every day and it was more than likely that this happiness blossomed into pure curiosity that led to him being riveted by the surface. Not wanting to blame his intended for anything, Taehyung recalled that, albeit slowly, Hoseok's smiles became contagious. He began smiling randomly.

 

Hoseok had brought out a feeling in him that he had believed he had long lost. Taehyung had explicitly spent days to create the perfect masterpiece for Hoseok. The day of the concert, Taehyung was going to tell the blonde haired mer that the song was dedicated to him. Of course that would have occurred if Jungkook had been there and if Taehyung swore he wouldn't turn his back on the plan.

 

The green tailed mer sat down on one of the flat rocks and rested up his voice. Taehyung knew it was his turn to excite the other.

 

Mueonga kkaejineun sori

Nan mundeuk jameseo kkae

 

Taehyung began softly, receiving a shaken look from Hoseok. He entered slowly.

 

Hoseok was uncertain of what was happening do at the moment. Taehyung was reassured that no one had entered and ruined the moment. Taehyung hoped Hoseok understood what he was doing.

 

Nasseoreum gadeukhan sori

Gwireul maga bojiman jamel deulji mothae

 

The blue haired prince swam in Hoseok's path. He could see the merman's dumbfounded face. Hoseok had put the pieces together and didn't know how to react. Taehyung gently forced the mer up from where he was sitting.

 

Mogi jakku apawa

Gamssa boryeohajiman

 

Taehyung sang as he gazed upon Hoseok with adoring eyes. Hoseok was stunned.

 

Naegen moksoriga

Eopseo oneuldo geu soril deureo

 

Taehyung gripped one of Hoseok's hands and wrapped his arm around his waist, imitating a waltz.

 

Tell me nae moksoriga gajjaramyeon

Nal beoriji marasseoyahaetneunji

 

Taehyung had directed the other mer around the room.

 

Tell me gotongjocha gajjaramyeon

Geu ttae naega mueolhaeyahaetneunji

 

Finally Taehyung halted with one hand caressing Hoseok's cheek.

 

Hoseok was the first to respond. It was as if he had awakened from a spell. He pulled away entirely, "Uh...What was um...What was that?"

 

Taehyung chuckled, "That was my heart song to you, Hoseok..." He stopped himself from calling the other "Hobi" or "Hoseokie." He didn't think they were there on their relationship. "What did you think?"

 

Hoseok scratched the back of his neck, "It was beautiful, a masterpiece for sure, but um...You couldn't have possibly meant that for me, right?" He was inching away from the prince.

 

Taehyung noticed the gap and got closer to Hoseok, "No, I made no mistake, Hoseok." Jungkook had told him to be direct with his feelings. "I like you a lot, Hoseok. I have for a while."

 

Hoseok hadn't been expecting this. His cheeks flushed. "What?"

 

Taehyung nodded. The cat was out of the bag. No use in hiding anything anymore. "It's true, Hoseok... I've known for a while and I knew this was the perfect time to tell you."

 

Hoseok swallowed deeply, "Uh...Taehyung, um...I don't know what to say...I'm speechless right now, actually."

 

Taehyung took Hoseok's hands and gently touched them, "It may not be perfect, but it's true, Hoseok. You're my life mate. You bring a happiness in me that no one else does, for that I'm thankful for having you in my life."

 

Hoseok bit down on his lip as Taehyung leaned his face closer to him. He kept his eyes widen open as the prince's lips touched his own. Taehyung's eyes were closed as they shared a small, chaste kiss. Hoseok closed his own eyes and kissed back. When Taehyung pulled away Hoseok whimpered.

 

Why does it feel like my dreams are coming true? Hoseok thought as his eyes were engrossed on Taehyung.

 

"You kissed back." Taehyung said blithely. He wrapped his arms around Hoseok's thin waist, "Is my love requited or reciprocated?"

 

Hoseok couldn't fight the desire to put his arms around the blue haired merman, so he did. He nodded with a large smile, "Yes, yes! It's mutual."

 

Taehyung felt overjoyed and detached his arms and Hoseok's. He pecked Hoseok's cheek and swam out of the room. Hoseok's smile faded away, flummoxed by Taehyung's abrupt absence. He knitted his eyebrows when Taehyung came back holding something in his hands. Hoseok questioned that the blue haired prince was smiling merrily.

 

Hoseok eyeballed Taehyung's hands as the prince presented him an oyster shell. Once he put the pieces together he gasped. Taehyung didn't say anything; instead he opened the oyster shell and inside was a little ring with a green shell. His favorite color. He was astounded as tears formed into his eyes and he covered his mouth with his hands.

 

"Taehyung...I, what..." Hoseok was tongue-tied. It was old-fashioned for mers to use objects and their heart songs for proposals. Hoseok was to be Taehyung's betrothal.

 

Taehyung hearteningly smiled, "I want to spend the rest of my life with you. Like how the blue sky needs the sun. I love you, Hoseok."

 

Hoseok flushed at the proposal. Jungkook would be squealing together with him if he was here. Transparently, the third prince would be congratulating him. Hoseok was gladder to be even closer with Jungkook. Marrying the merman that made him nervous inside and transfixed was a plus.

 

"Yes, Tae, I accept you as my to-be life mate." Hoseok confirmed to his heart's content. He went voiceless as he watched the younger slip the ring on his finger. After he nearly tackled the other as he embraced him.

 

Taehyung's face, unknown to Hoseok, was distressed. The prince may have gotten betrothed to the mer he wanted to be with but it felt slightly tainted. Taehyung Hoseok's blonde locks, wanting the guilt to fade away soon.

 

"We should totally plan our wedding soon," Taehyung recommended. It was customary for mers to dive into their wedding plans. Since Taehyung was a prince it'd be immense.

 

Hoseok giggled, "I don't care about how big it is. The numerous decorations or even the guest list." He drew away and looked at his betrothal fondly. "I love you, Tae."

 

Taehyung gave Hoseok the most sincere smile he could, "I love you too, Hobi." He kissed Hoseok, the remorse still there.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

    くコ:彡くコ:彡くコ:彡

 

It's so funny to how I got to shipping Vhope. A long time ago before I got my AFF account I used to ship Rapmon and Hobi 

After a while though I started shipping Namjin and Jikook and with Hobi I didn't know. I ended up shipping Vhope but I think Sope is really cute and I've read some of those fics. I also like love triangles so in the future I hope to do one with Vhope and Sope