t w o

Chasing Euphoria
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chan reached over to his backpack while Bona went to the toilet to wash up. Pulling out the velvet box, he wished for the best. He heard the lock click, he quickly shoved the ring box into his pocket.

"Babe, do you think this dress is too much for a drink in the hotel's pub?" Bona turned a full round.

It was a low cut dress at the back, with the cut ending just slightly above her . Chan walked over to his girlfriend, eyes trained her on playfully.

"Oh dear," he rubbed his chin.

"Why? What?" She glanced down at her outfit worriedly. "Too much?"

"Oh no…" he stood before her and his hands found their way to her hips. "You look magnificent."

Bona burst out laughing, turning back to the bathroom to check on her makeup in the mirror. Chan stood behind her to admire her body line.

“You are such a brat,” she teased. 

“And a brat just for you.”

“Get out of here,” she pushed him. “Let me get ready.”

He let her back him up till he fell back onto the bed, he watched as she swayed her hips back into the toilet.

“You are such a bae!” He yelled after her. “I love you!”

“I love you too~”

 

It was Bang Chan’s turn to get freshened up. Bona was sitting in front of the vanity mirror, getting her eyeliner on when her mobile rang. She grabbed her phone, all smiles, but when she saw the caller ID, her smile faltered.

After a quick glance over her shoulder, she answered the call.

“I thought I told you not to call me?” She hissed.

“Oh come on, baby. I missed you.”

“What the ? What happened between us was a one-night thing.” Bona dropped her voice. “Stop making such a big fuss out of it.”

“One night? Are you sure?”

Bona got up and went to the living room of the suite, she stood in the kitchen.

“What is it, Joohyuk? I’m on holiday with my boyfriend.”

“Without me? I’m hurt, baby.”

“I’m not your baby!”

“Well, you called me baby so many times during that," Joohyuk let out a sensual grunt. "Night we spent together. Does your boyfriend know about us?”

“I was drunk. We had and that was a bad mistake. Stop--”

“W-What?”

Bona spun around and Bang Chan was standing behind her in a well-cut suit, with a small bouquet of flowers in his hand. She hung up immediately and inched towards him.

“Baby, I can explain.”

“What did you just say? You had with another man?” Bang Chan’s voice was quivering in utter shock. “When?!”

“Baby--”

“Was it that night you said you were out with your sponsors? Was that why you came home the next day, with that bruise on your neck?”

Bang Chan’s heart was cracking at the thought of her having a night’s stand with another. Bona took a step towards him, he took a step back.

“It was a mistake!”

“A mistake? Why didn’t you tell me?”

“Tell you?” She walked up to him, he didn’t avoid her. “I was afraid you would have a big reaction like this.”

“So you were just planning to keep that incident a secret if I didn’t find out?”

Chan pushed her hands off his arms, “I was going to propose to you today. But--”

“Oh m-- Chan… I--”

Tears welled up in Bona’s eyes as she watched him take the velvet box out of his pocket. It was the ring she wanted. She reached out to touch him but he flinched away.

“I--” She stuttered.

“I need some time to digest this. I--”

At that moment, her phone rang again. She saw the caller ID and it was her manager. She gave Chan an apologetic look, she needed to take this call. The moment she left him, his legs felt like jelly. He plopped down onto the sofa.

 

Moments later, Bona came out of the room, her luggage packed and she had changed out of her dress. Bang Chan got up.

"Where are you going?"

She touched his arm, "I'm sorry babe. Manager Seo needs me back in Seoul. Something's wrong with my outfit for the show. They need to retake my measurements. I have to go."

She didn't wait for his reply and headed for the door. Chan grabbed her hand.

"We have to talk about what happened. I… I have yet to propose!"

Bona gently removed his hand from her arm.

"I really have to go. We can talk about this back at home. Don't waste the trip, stay here and have fun."

"How can I have fun? Without you around?"

Bona sighed, "Babe. This show is really important to m

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter