f i f t e e n

Chasing Euphoria
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

"Boss, there is a meeting in Jeju that you have to attend in the afternoon," Minho announced the moment Chan entered the office.

"When is the flight?"

"In 4 hours."

“How long will I be there for?” Chan whipped his phone out. “Will I be staying the night?”

“In the case the meeting drags, a hotel has been booked,” Minho read off his notes.

“Great,” Chan grinned and typed on his phone. "I'll be ready to leave in a bit."

 

To: Wife

Babe, I am going to put in an urgent leave for you. Go home and pack for the night.

 

He put his phone down and was about to talk to Minho about the latest meeting, his phone buzzed.

 

Wife

Why? Are you going anywhere? What do you need?

 

Chan smiled to himself, his chest swelled when he realised she thought she was going to pack his luggage. How endearing.

 

To: Wife

I’m going to Jeju for the night. Could you grab another suit for me? Grab your passport too, we’re going on the trip together.

 

His phone pinged almost immediately with a reply.

 

Wife

I’m going too? Sweet! I’ve never been to Jeju. But what about Mrs Jin..? I still have tons of work to do.

 

He shook his head in amusement. He typed in a quick reply and sent Minho off to prepare the materials needed for the meeting.

“Oh wait, one more thing,” Minho blurted before leaving. “This is a meeting with the hotel’s ambassador. So…”

Chan knew what was coming up.

“Ms Ra will be joining us.”

 

**

 

Maya had packed their stuff and she waited at the airport for her husband. She was excited about the short trip, she was practically bouncing on her heels. She kept her eyes at the entrance, where Chan would most likely be arriving in a car.

True enough, a black sedan appeared a few minutes later.

Maya waved Chan over after seeing him alight. He broke into a huge grin when he saw her, almost running up to his wife but he controlled his urge. Maya was going to go up to him when she saw another vehicle coming up behind Chan’s.

She then noticed there were people with cameras around her. She waited for the car to stop and for the passenger to alight.

“Bona’s here!” Someone exclaimed.

Maya took a step back and bowed respectfully instead when Chan and Minho approached her. His brow rose at her behaviour until he saw Bona walking up behind them. In front of the media, they acted they were just colleagues.

“Shall we?”

Minho gestured for them to enter the airport and signalled to the security to keep the crowd under control. Maya followed after them, but Bona was making subtle efforts to keep her away from Chan. The moment they entered the VIP zone, Bona hugged Chan.

“I missed you,” she kissed his cheek.

She noticed his eye line was not on her, but on Maya, she whipped around and folded her arms.

“What is the intern doing here?”

Chan grabbed Bona and pulled her towards him, away from Maya. She gave him a small nod and went to Minho.

"She's here to help out."

She pulled her arm back, seemingly unconvinced at his answer, She gave him a look of doubt.

“She’s been hanging around you too much. She’s just an intern and she gets to go overseas with the big boss and hang out with your mother?”

“Bona, I--”

“We have a flight to catch, let’s go.”

 

Maya was already seated in the plane, waiting for Chan to come in. The seat next to hers was empty, it was obviously for Chan since he had bought the tickets for them. Chan entered the plane and broke into a smile when he saw Maya busying herself with making his seat more comfortable.

“Hey,” he went towards her, placing his hand on her shoulder. “You ready for the flight?”

“Yeah, I had just asked for another pillow.”

Chan ruffled her hair, “Right, you sleep with an extra one.”

She smiled sheepishly and was about to hand him something when someone shoved her away. Chan managed to grab her arm before she fell, with one swift action, he pulled her towards himself and she collided with his chest.

“Let go of him!” Bona hissed, realised the staring from the people in their business class.

“What do you think you’re doing?” Chan huffed. “How could you push my intern like this?”

“Chan!”

He shook his head, “Please. Get back to your seat.”

His tone meant he did not want to continue with the conversation any longer, Bona knew that. She huffed and went to her seat, a good few rows away from them. Chan held Maya gently, trying to look for discomfort in her expressions.

She patted his arm.

“I’m alright. I didn’t fall, you caught me.”

He let out a breath, nodding. Setting her down on her seat, he made sure she was comfortable before settling down himself. He pulled out his paperwork and started going through them as the flight crew prepared for take-off.

 

**

 

Although it was an hour’s flight, Maya had fallen asleep. Chan tried to continue with his work but when he first noticed she had dozed off, he couldn’t help but stare at the serene look on her face as she slept.

He knew she always had her guards up, in case of anything popping up.

It calmed him to see her so relaxed. He’d like to think it was because of him, that she felt safe. He reached his hand over, gently caressing her cheek. She felt the warmth on her face, making her snuggle into his hand. He slowly shifted her to the pillow behind her head. Chan gave her another loving look before returning to his work.

 

Cabin crew, please prepare for landing.

 

Chan kept his stuff and patted Maya lightly to wake her up. She yawned, looking like a little kitten. It was cute to Chan. He reached out to mess with her hair.

“Hey~” she whined and readjusted her hair. “Stop messing around~”

Chan nodded his head in chuckles, “Alright, alright. I’ll stop.”

She pouted and turned her back on him. She still had sleepiness in her eyes and her brain had not fully registered her being awake.

“What’s on your agenda after we land?” She mumbled and yawned. “Will you be having tons of meetings?”

Chan turned over to the seat behind him and Minho handed him a file. He nodded to his wife, opening the file to show Maya.

“I have 4 meetings staggered back to back. I’m sorry I can’t accompany you.”

She smiled, shaking her head.

“It’s okay. You’re a busy man.” Her eyes darted to her handbag. ‘Besides, I brought my work here with me too. I’ll stay in the room and get some work done. Maybe we can order room service when you’re done for the day?”

He gave her two thumbs up, “That sounds great. No wonder you’re my wife.”

“Shhh!” She shushed him. “Bona’s just a few rows behind

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter