t w e n t y f i v e

Chasing Euphoria
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Wake up! Wakey!"

Chan groaned as he turned to his side and pressed a pillow over his exposed ear. Maya was bouncing on the bed, shaking him excitedly. He grabbed her wrist and pulled her down on him just as he laid on his back. She sat on his groin area, her palms pressed on his chest.

"What is it?" His voice still laced with sleepiness. 

He tucked his arm under his head, his other hand caressing her thigh.

"Today's the day!" She bounced on him, squealing in excitement.

"What?" He sighed, lifted his head a little. "The day we make a baby?"

He flipped them around, so that he hovered over her. She laughed, wrapping her arms around his neck before pulling him down for a kiss.

"I don't mean that," she grew amused. "It's Lucas."

Chan huffed, rolling off his wife and laid next to her.

"What about him?" 

Maya sat up, "We gotta go get something nice!"

"Baby, what for?" He reached over and laid his head on her thighs. "I've always been curious, how are you two so close after meeting at the office for the first time? I--"

"Babe!" Maya giggled. "What are you talking about?"

He sat up and faced her.

“When I first saw you and Lucas, I thought you guys were just close colleagues, but then you guys started talking to each other, whispering with each other... It’s not that I mind that, but--”

She held his face with her hands and pressed her lips squarely on his, effectively shutting him up. Before he could kiss her back, she pulled away.

"Come on, get your up, we gotta leave now."

"Why?" His eyes were lidded. "Where are we going?"

"To his wedding!" She pouted. "It's tonight and I've yet to get a dress! My hair, my makeup! Everything!"

Chan grinned, "So he’s not going to woo you?"

"No!" She chuckled before rubbing her neck sheepishly. "Besides, he knows about us."

"He does?!"

"Yeah, I told him."

Chan sighed out loud, climbed off the bed and scooped Maya up in his arms. He twirled the both of them around - he was relieved that worries were unfounded. She patted his shoulder, wanting to be let down.

“What were you so relieved about?” She asked teasingly. “Were you jealous?”

"I was," he admitted.

"Oh, that was... fast." She pursed her lips. "I was expecting you to... uh--"

"Deny?" He teased. "I'm forward with my feelings. When I'm jealous, I'm jealous. When I love, I love."

Maya blushed - hard.

"Ya~"

Chan smiled at her being bashful and pecked her forehead, "Come on."

"Where to?"

He pulled her in by her waist, "We're going to grab new outfits, right?"

She nodded, skeptical. He was bringing her to the toilet.

"So," he winked at her. "We got go freshen up."

"Oh, no." She shook her head. "No, no, no."

He pulled her to the toilet, she wasn't putting much resistance despite her words. She entered the toilet with a loud giggle.

 

"Why not? I get lonely in there. I need a buddy."

 

***

 

"I'm never going to be around you when you use the toilet." Maya grumbled as she trudged forward.

Chan caught her waist from behind.

"You have to admit though, shower time is fun."

She turned and hit him multiple times on his chest while he guffawed. 

"We're in public! Is this something we talk about in public?" She pushed him away.

She scurried away from him, leaving Chan shaking his head in laughter as he chased after his wife.

 

***

 

"Are you ready?" Chan nudged Maya. "We're nearing the venue."

Maya clapped her hands, her heart hammering against her chest. 

"Of course I am, I'm just excited to attend a close friend's wedding."

"Lucas might have invited your other colleagues," he reminded. "I remember you talking about not wanting to reveal our relationship. So, are you ready?"

Maya nodded, "There's nothing to hide about you. You're dashing, you're amazing. Besides, what's a couple of colleagues gonna spread?"

 

Chan pulled up in the parking lot and they got off the car, walking towards the lift lobby. He reached for her hand, lacing their fingers together. They arrived on the top floor and was immediately greeted by chatter and sounds of congratulations.

"Maya?"

She looked up at the sound of the voice and rushed to give Lucas a hug.

"Congrats, you!"

He hugged her back, "Thank you."

They broke the hug as Chan approached them. He squeezed Maya's waist as Lucas gave them a teasing look.

"I see you've brought the husband." He chuckled. "It's nice to see you outside the office, Mr Bang."

Chan chortled.

"Call me Chris. Since we're not at work, I'm just Maya's husband."

"Alright, Chris." Lucas motioned towards the ballroom. "Your table's near the front."

 

Maya held onto Chan's hand as they made their way to their table. They bumped into a couple fo their colleagues, but they didn't seem surprised.

"Maybe Lucas' given them the heads-up," Maya whispered to Chan. "There had been rumours floating around the office too."

"There are?"

Chan pulled the chair out for Maya before settling down next to him.

"You didn't hear?"

"About?"

Maya gave him a small smile, relieved.

"It's nothing much. It's better if you don't know."

He squeezed her thigh, "You know you can tell me things, right?"

Maya nodded.

Music started and the lights dimmed. 

"They're starting!"

 

*

 

"Tell me again, why I'm on the dancefloor?"

Chan was swaying along to soft music, Maya in his arms.

 

Lucas and Yuqi started their first dance before the guests started getting their partners to the dancefloor. Chan was peeling prawns for his wife, while Maya sipped on her wine, glancing around and enjoying the moment.

The moment where she didn't need to be afraid of being gossiped about.

Or be worried that Marco would be around.

It was just her and Chan.

He had just cleaned his hands when two of their colleagues came jogging over, out of breath.

"Director, Maya," they greeted. "Come on out to the dancefloor!"

Maya shook her head, "It's okay."

The couple switched their convincing towards Chan, who gave Maya a couple of quick glances.

"Sorry guys, whatever the missus says," he shrugged.

"Come on~" Yeji beamed. "We won't tell anyone at the office, so let loose!"

Hyunjin, her partner, nodded.

"At Lucas' wedding, we're all his friends!"

Chan was convinced, he turned to Maya and reached for her hands.

"Come on, baby," he slipped in a petname. "Just one dance."

Yeji and Hyunjin looked expectantly at Maya, who sighed and gave in.

"Alright, okay."

Chan stood up and offered her his hand, "Let's go , milady."

 

Chan snickered at her comment, pulling her closer to him. Maya leaned her head against his chest, the slow music building a calming atmosphere.

"Chan?" She called him softly.

"Hmm?"

"I'm really glad I met you in Vegas."

He smiled, pressing his nose lightly at the side of her head.

"Me too," he whispered.

They swayed in silence a little more.

"You know," he started. "I've wondered who our future kids are gonna look like more: you or me."

"Hmm, maybe you a little more would be nice."

"Why? You're beautiful."

"I don't know," she shrugged, leaning away a little to look at him in the face. "You have a pretty smile, amazing eyes and that dimple."

She reached a finger up to poke his dimple.

"You have a good temper - well, around me, that is. You protect me, you ge

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter