s e v e n

Chasing Euphoria
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Bang Chan arrived at work, he was waiting at the lift lobby when one arrived. Everyone piled on, he didn't.

"Mr Bang, are you coming?" Someone called out.

Chan shook his hand, "You guys can head on up. I'm waiting for someone."

His employees were slightly surprised, Bang Chan doesn't wait for anyone. He never did. The lift door was closing when the people at the front saw Chan broke into a smile.

 

Maya saw Bang Chan smiling at her not-so-discreetly and stood next to him, facing front. He took a step sideways, their elbows were touching.

"Why this reaction?" He whispered under his breath. "I thought you would be happy to see me."

“You should be in the conference room by now,” she side-eyed him. “Were you waiting for me?”

He went back to his original position, “What do you think?”

The lift door opened and the both of them entered. Other people bowed, entering the lift. The Director and intern were at the back of the machine. Maya poked the back of his hand with her pinky, he held the finger.

"Hmm?"

Maya stayed silent, he slid his hand into hers, their fingers interlocking. She threw him a look, he winked at her in return. She pulled her hand back, holding the file on that hand so he couldn’t hold it. He bit his bottom lip, they remained that way until the both alighted at their floor.

She walked ahead of him, Minho was waiting by the lift for him so that he could brief the male before he reached his office. Bang Chan switched from his playful demeanor to someone with who takes no nonsense.

“Meeting with Esteem Models’ Director in 5 minutes, for the runway show they proposed a while back. They want to speak to you about the details of the show, to see if they missed out anything and if we needed anything else.”

Chan nodded in acknowledgement, making his way to the conference room.  When he entered, the Director of the modelling agency, Mr Kang Daehwi, was inside with the best model of his company - Bona.

Her eyes lit up when she saw her boyfriend, she tried smiling at him like she usually did but he ignored her and went back to speaking with Mr Kang. She sat down dejected, but quickly resumed her composure.

“Thank you all for your presence in this meeting,” Chan announced and took his seat. “Let this meeting begin.”


 

**

 

Maya went back to her table, several files had already piled up on her desk. Taking in a deep breath, she settled down, fishing the first report to start on when her phone started ringing.

“Hello?” She asked absentmindedly as she typed on her keyboard.

“Yo, sis.”

She straightened her back, beaming at the sound of her brother’s voice.

“Hey,” she mused. “What’s up?”

“Just checking up on you.”

“Sheesh,” she huffed. “Where are you now? Paris? Milan?”

“I’m not telling~”

She rolled her eyes in amusement, she carried on typing on her laptop while her brother started to babble on, on his adventures travelling Europe. He was a hotel ‘mystery guest’ - where he literally just travelled around to try out the hotels and test their services.

Maya heard footsteps coming up behind her.

“Butthead, I gotta go, someone’s coming.”

“Aww, but check your phone in 3 hours. I’m sending you a surprise. Love you!”

She chuckled, “Love you too.”

She hung up and the person stepped up behind her. It was Minho. She shot to her feet, bowing slightly at him.

“The Director wants you to join in on the meeting.”

Maya grabbed her notebook and phone without a second word and scurried after Minho, who brought her to the conference room. He opened the door quietly and guided Maya to the back of the room, nudging her to take the chair.

Next to Bona.

Bang Chan’s gaze connected with Maya’s and he gave her a discrete wink. Bona huffed quietly in dismay when she caught the slight interaction, she gave Maya a dirty look when she sat down.

“I gotta tell him to stop giving me so much attention at work.” 

 

**

 

Maya prepared herself to leave when the meeting ended, she felt someone standing behind her. She looked up and Mr Kang was smiling at her, his eyes scanning her body. Maya had never gotten this kind of attention from people before that his gaze was making her slightly uncomfortable.

“Yes?” She stuttered.

“You are a very pretty young woman,” Mr Kang started, he reached into his jacket’s pocket to pull out his name card holder. “Do you have any interest in becoming a model?”

Chan was talking to his colleague when his peripheral vision noticed Maya not moving. He looked over and immediately excused himself from his company. He went towards her but Bona pulled him out of the room.

She gave him a quick peck on the lips the moment they were in the quiet hallway.

“What are you doing?’ He asked distractedly.

“Giving you a kiss?” Bona was taken aback by his tone. “Are you okay?”

He nodded, “I am. I am. Just give me a minute okay?”

He then pulled his arm back from her and re-entered the room. Bona went in after him, her frown got deeper when she saw how he was heading straight for Maya.

 

Maya wanted to reject taking the name card but Mr Kang was insistent. She was about to accept when a hand pushed her hands down and she took a couple of steps back. She realised she was facing a toned back.

“Mr Bang,” she whispered.

“Mr Kang, thanks for working with us for this project,” he tried to change the topic with Mr Kang. “My team will finish the proposal and send it to you guys as soon as possible, so we can sign the contract.”

“Sure,” the older male agreed but his eyes kept trying to peek over his shoulder at Maya.

Bang Chan motioned at Maya to take the chance to leave, while he distracted the man. She understood his reference immediately, darting out of the conference room. At the door, she bumped into Bona.

“Who are you?”

Bona’s tone was hostile, Maya stopped walking.

“Excuse me?”

“Who. Are you?” She asked again. “Why are you eye-ing my boyfriend? If you are thinking of having any intentions towards Chan, you can drop it.”

“Look,” Maya took in a deep breath. “He’s my boss and I need to pay attention to his expressions in case he needs me to have things done. You can relax around me.”

Bona scoffed.

“I’ve seen es like you before. Pining over the rich guy, but it’s a pity you’ll never be able to score.”

“I--”

The conference doors opened, Bang Chan’s brows furrowed when he saw Bona and Maya at a standoff.

“What’s going on?”

His eyes trailed to Maya before looking at his girlfriend. Bona grabbed his arm, Chan threw his wife a glance. She gave him a small nod and walked off.

 

“What are you doing, Bo?”

Bona took a step back, “What is going on with you? It isn’t like you to brush me away like this.”

Chan took a deep breath.

“Babe, we’re in the office. We had an agreement.”

“But you never pushed me away like this.” She pouted. “I’m getting hurt, baby.”

He took her hand

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter