t w e n t y t h r e e

Chasing Euphoria
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Another great event by BC Hotels! Well done."

Chan was standing around with a couple of smartly dressed men at the end of the night.

"Thank you. I hope you've enjoyed the night?"

"We did," one of the men said. "But for an old man like me, I have to head back now."

Chan shook his head in laughter.

"Oh, come on, Mr Jang. You're not old, just a couple years my senior."

Mr Jang patted Chan's shoulder, "You've got quite a sweet mouth, Mr Bang. I'm at least 30 years your senior."

Chan quickly pretended to be surprised.

"Oh dear, you are? I can't tell!"

The men chatted for a while more before they really had to leave. Chan went back into the ballroom, the guests were almost gone, leaving his employees behind to finish the backends. He looked around for Maya and found her standing near the buffet table, helping to clear the trays.

He sauntered over to her stood beside the girl.

"I see the Director's being helpful," Maya .

"What to do?" He sighed dramatically. "If I want my wife to end work early, I have to help a little, right?"

"Oh? Right, then you do this," she then pointed to the stage. "I'll go settle things there."

Chan watched her leave, smiling at how she just ordered him to do work. He turned his attention back to whatever he was doing when he felt a presence beside him. He thought Maya came back, but it was Kaeun standing next to him.

"Miss Lim," he blurted. "You're still here?"

Kaeun smiled, "The Director's still here, I can't possibly leave before he does. What would he think of me?"

Chan chortled.

"He'll probably think you did a good job tonight and needs to rest up."

"I didn't really do much tonight though," she confessed. "Maya did most of the work."

He glanced over at where Maya was.

"That's true, but that doesn't mean you have no credit at all." He dusted his hands. "So, good job."

"Thank you, Sir."

Kaeun noticed there was something on the sleeve of Chan's coat and reached over to remove it. That action made him pause.

"Oh, there's something there. Hold on."

After she picked it off, she patted his arm, her hand lingering just a few seconds longer than needed.

"Thanks," he thought nothing of it. He reached for his phone and sent Maya a quick text. "Sorry, please excuse me. I have something else I need to do."

Kaeun nodded, taking a step back.

"Have a good night, Sir."

"You too."

 

Maya had just stopped clearing the area and was resting when she subconsciously threw a glance over at her husband. Her eyes narrowed slightly when she noticed Kaeun next to him. She was obviously smitten with Chan - Maya could tell.

So, when she saw Kaeun putting her hands all over Chan, she felt that little urge to head over and claim him as her own. 

Chan was her husband and only she could touch him.

Maya saw Kaeun retract her hands and she stopped herself, pushing that thought aside. She was distracted by the notification on her phone.

 

Chan

I'll wait for you in the room. Let's not waste the opportunity for a little staycay.

 

Maya found herself smiling and quickly tucked her phone back into her pocket. She did a final check and gave the remaining workers the thumbs-up.

"Thank you everyone for your hard work! Finish up and head off to rest early!"

She went to the lift and headed up to their room.

Kaeun saw Maya entering the lift, her brows furrowed as she followed behind her. The lift stopped at the 28th level, she realised Maya was going to spend the night.

"She's spending the night here?" Kaeun asked herself. "Someone's living a good life."

 

Maya entered the room and was immediately tackled into a back-hug. She felt arms wrap around her waist and a face buried into her neck. She held his arms, tilting her head a little. Chan slowly back-stepped until they entered the bedroom, where he sat down. Maya ended up on his laps.

"Hey, you."

Chan pressed his cheek against Maya's chest as she ran her fingers through his hair. His hand rested lazily on her hip as she messed up his hair.

"I'm hungry," Maya confessed.

He opened his eyes and gave her a cheeky grin.

"You can eat me."

He switched their positions before Maya could squeal. She let out little chuckles of surprise as she stared at the fine specimen of a man before her.

"You're such a gangster," she hit his chest with her fist.

"Gangster?" He narrowed his eyes at her. "I'm your husband, such intimacy should be normal, right?"

He dipped down and pressed his lips on hers. She smiled into the kiss. He slowly lowered himself a little more, till he was bracing against the bed using his forearms.

"Wait," she broke the kiss, a little breathless. "I have something to ask you."

Chan rolled over, his back on the bed as they laid side-by-side, "Can't it wait till after the makeout sesh?"

She turned her head to the side, "What were you and Kaeun talking about earlier?"

Chan laid on his side, his hand propping his head up.

"You saw us?"

Maya rolled her eyes and looked at the ceiling, "Hmm."

"She was just making small talk, nothing much."

"And she touched you?"

A grin tugged on his lips, "Oh, I know where this is going."

Maya sat up.

"Where? Hmm?"

Chan laid on his back and rested his head on his left palm.

"She saw something on my sleeve, so she helped me remove it." He then whistled. "Are you jealous?"

Maya's ears started burning.

"What? No."

"You were, weren't you?"

"Shut up," she covered her face with her hands.

Chan snickered, poking Maya at her waist, making her squirm. Maya let out a huff and swiftly swung her right leg over Chan's lower body, so that she could straddle him. Her palms pressed against his chest as his own hands fell back on the bed.

He just didn't want to move.

Maya was too stunning.

"Woah, girl," he managed to let out.

The dress she was wearing had thigh-high slits. His hands moved down and caressed her bare thighs. She smirked and slid her hands upwards, till her palms left his body and found their spots on the bed above his shoulders.

Without saying a second word, she leaned forward and kissed him.

"I love this side of you," he mumbled against her lips.

"There's more to where that came from."

 

***

 

The next morning, Maya woke up and the bed was empty. She sprang up, searching the room. She was about to panic when she noticed the little note on the vanity table. She crawled out of bed and picked up the paper.

 

I wanna see this side of you more often, bubs. 

Take the day off, well done on the event. I'll be in for a meeting and will be back home for lunch.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter