viii / a ride won't hurt.

who is lee chaeyeon?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

This is over. Everything is over now for Yabuki Nako. Her Jihyo photo card is in the hand of the scariest human alive and her parents are going all Baba Yaga on her after knowing she got into detention. Her long-awaited ticket to Twicelights concert even got taken away by her parents. 

 

She was devastated. It has been days that Nako doesn't behave like her usual self and her friend are getting more worried. Likewise, she hasn't touched her food since they got to their usual table. The poor girl is just blankly staring at her untouched Fish n Chips. Beside her, Sakura was looking at her girl worriedly.

 

"Hey.", she lightly patted the small girl.

 

Nako turned to her, expressionless. It was as if her soul have left her body after what happened.

 

"It's going to be alright.", Sakura comforted her table mate.

 

Nako nodded then turned back to staring at her food. This makes Sakura even worried, she can't stand seeing the girl in this situation anymore. She turned to the rest of her friends for help. 

 

"Is there anything we can do?", Sakura whispered to them but it was loud enough for Nako to hear, although she decided to ignore.

 

"I don't know, Nako's parents are strict.", Hitomi said with a shrug.

 

"But it's just detention, it's not like she just did something really bad."

 

"Well, Sakura. Nako's parents are different, they shaped her to become the student role model and they expect her to maintain that image. Which is why going to detention is a big deal because a role model doesn't get into trouble like this.", Hitomi explained.

 

"Yeah, Nako has been very stressed out with her parents. Back then I was relieved she has Twice to cope with her stress but now they even took that away from her.",Yuri added.

 

"How I wish we could go back in time.", Minju said with her head hang low.

 

That moment, Sakura has the most impossible idea in her head. She knew it wouldn't go her way but she has to try to help her friend. This is desperate time and she thought that maybe the latter wouldn't be so heartless to reject her request.

 

---

 

"Jjaeyeon."

 

Chaeyeon was walking halfway down the busy corridor, turned to her back. As expected, there's only one person who would call her that way. She raised her brow in question to why she's here.

 

"What's wrong, Sakura?", she asked the girl.

 

"Can we talk?"

 

---

 

Both of them were seated in the student council office. Eunbi was there, as usual, stamping the documents. At the same time, Hyewon was there eating here Yakisoba bun while watching anime on the latter's computer. Chaeyeon served Sakura a cup of green tea before taking a seat beside the girl. Sakura took the cup in her hand then take a sip from it.

 

"So what do you want to talk about?", Chaeyeon questioned.

 

"It's about Nako.", Sakura placed her drink on the table. "I knew she broke the rules but please make this an exception."

 

Right away, Eunbi stopped stamping and Hyewon paused her anime. All their attention was turned to Sakura except for Chaeyeon. The girl was just staring at the table.

 

"You know I can't do that right? This is against the rules.", Chaeyeon shifted her sight to Sakura as she said.

 

"But Nako's parents-"

 

"If she was so worried about how her parents think, why didn't she thought about it before she goes against the rule.", Chaeyeon beats Sakura to it before she could finish her word.

 

Hearing what Chaeyeon just said set Sakura's blood boil. The way she uttered, there was no empathy at all. How could she be this heartless to not thought about others? Sakura stood up

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter