xvii / the invisible wall.

who is lee chaeyeon?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A piercing whistle shrilled through the school gymnasium.

 

 “Okay, let’s take 5 girls.”, the coach commanded.

 

It has been a long and tiring practice, the cheerleaders was finally able to catch a break. Since the tournament is approaching, they had to practice even during their lunch time and school hours. That’s how serious the school takes cheerleading for, after all they had a reputation to uphold.

 

Wonyoung with her resting face took a seat at the nearby bench along with her friends tailing behind her like her loyal subjects. The queen bee bend down to massage her sore leg, she hissed as she felt the pain. The coach certainly is a sometime for torturing them in these hell-made practices. If only being a cheerleader wasn’t a necessary thing for popular girl like her, she wouldn’t even bother joining such activity.

 

“My legs hurt like a .”, Wonyoung whined.

 

“Want some Sinsin Pas?”, her friend, Doyeon nonchalantly offered her a piece of pain relief patch.

 

“Ew, that stinks.”, the queen bee project a face of disgust.

 

“Welp, your loss because this works like wonder.”, her friend shrugs then put away the patch.

 

“Fine, I’ll take it.”, the latter snatched the patch.

 

Wonyoung placed the patch on her sore spot. Like her friend said, it really does work like wonder despite that stinky medicine smell. She could felt her tensed up muscle starting to loosen up and feeling relaxed. Meantime, two girls from her group walked back to them with drinks on their hands. 

 

“Here’s your Perrier, Wonyoungie.”, one of the girl passed the drink to the queen bee.

 

“Thanks, Lia unnie.”, she took the drink from the older girl as she said.

 

Lia opened up her own bottle of Perrier then took a sip from it. Wonyoung watches the girl in admiration, it’s funny how even such a small movement could make that girl look so attractive. Well, its Lia we are talking about here, the most popular girl in school, the top cheerleader, the top scorers in her year, a total beauty, above all that comes with a killer eye smile. The older girl were Wonyoung’s neighbour, they basically grew up together and she has always been someone the younger girl looked up to. The queen bee followed the girl’s footstep to be like her, however there is just one thing she can’t follow. Lia’s straight but Wonyoung, she’s not too sure about that and it’s all because of that puppy girl running at the field. 

 

It was a perfect view from the entrance of the gymnasium to see the school’s running track. The energetic puppy could be spotted fooling around the field with her seniors. It was a coincidence that the running team was practicing at the same time. The queen bee had her gaze lingers on Yujin who was smiling ear to ear as she runs. That scene unconsciously changed the resting face to a smiling face. Lia was quick to noticed the change on the younger girl’s face.

 

“Hey, Wonyoungie.”, the older girl called.

 

The spaced out girl was finally brought back to her sense. 

 

“You’re smiling, did something happened?”, the latter asked with a smirk.

 

“No-uh, nothing. I wasn’t smiling at all.”, the younger girl quickly denied.

 

Lia wasn’t convinced at all after what she saw. She was about to talk but the noises beside them was becoming more distracting. The infamous couple in the team were chasing around like little kids.

 

“I’m gonna get ya.”, Doyeon yelled at the retreating girl.

 

The shorter girl, Yoojong turned around and stick out her tongue. But it’s doesn’t took long until she was caught in between the taller girl’s arms. She was held in her girlfriend’s embrace, they shared laughter as they continue cuddling. That spark in their eyes, Wonyoung could only hope that she could share the same with that one puppy she’s been crushing on. She turned her attention to the running field again, eyes not leaving that playful girl laughing her head off after a successful prank. The older girl was laughing at the dorky couple until she turned around and saw those sad lingering gaze again. She followed the younger’s gaze, it landed on the school famous runner. Lia was certainly not surprise at all. 

 

“I always wonder what is holding you back.”, the latter uttered.

 

Wonyoung turned to the girl with wide eyes, looking like a bunny who just got caught stealing carrot. She quickly composed herself to her usual state, thinking she could cover that secret she never told any of her friends. 

 

“What are you talking about?”, she scoffed, as if Lia was talking nonsense.

 

“You know you’re not actually subtle with those stare you had on her and that in fact really sold you out.”, the girl answered back with a raised brows.

 

“I-”, Wonyoung’s facade was starting to peel off as she panic.

 

“Okay, everyone back in formation!”, the coach cut her off.

 

As if on cue, she managed to get away from the conversation she’s not ready to have with Lia.

 

-

 

The president has sparkly eyes on, totally lost in words. Chaeyeon noticed the awestruck eyes and lack of response from the president then sighed. Apparently, her best friend really has a thing when it comes to tall dominant girl. The latter turned to the person standing in front of her, the tall

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter