xix / that certain sunday

who is lee chaeyeon?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was the most perfect Sunday ever. The mischievous Ahn Yujin were being all so well behaved throughout the week. Or more like the school was a mess ever since their John Wick got her head wrapped up on the laundering case that she forgot her disciplinary duty. In spite of all that, Yujin got a lucky break, no Sunday detention and she gets to go on a date with her crush, Minju. They were out shopping for bathing suit to tonight’s party and now both of them were seated in their favourite cafe sharing a strawberry parfait.

 

“Thank you for coming with me, Yujin.”, the older girl thanked the other girl with a drip of the ice cream left on the corner of her lips.

 

The younger burst into laughter while the oblivious girl just looked back at her weirdly. 

 

“What are you laughing at?”, Minju was slightly annoyed by the latter’s laughter.

 

Yujin didn’t reply her but she took the straw with cream on it then dab it on the corner of her own lips.

 

“You’re not alone now, unnie.”, she said with a silly grin.

 

With her action, the Pepe Frog girl finally gets it. She lightly shoved the girl in front of her before wiping off the cream with a tissue. The younger continue to giggles, her crush certainly never fail to amused her. Meanwhile, Minju was glaring playfully at her childhood friend, it would be a lie if she doesn’t find Yujin’s action adorable. The puppy girl then reached forward her crush with a pout and the cream still lingering on the corner of her lips.

 

“Are you going to help me wipe off the cream as well?”, she pleaded cutely.

 

Minju being Minju always turn soft when the younger girl pull off her aegyo. She lightly wiped off the cream on the latter’s lips. For a while there, it was as if the time stopped for both of them to stare at each other. Yujin heart was beating fast like she just finished a marathon. At the same time, the older girl was reminded of a same scenario that happened before in the same cafe but different person and different time. Minju quickly shook off her thoughts, she goes back to eating the remaining of the parfait quietly like nothing happened. 

 

“I think we should hurry back and prepare for the party.”, she muttered before shoving a spoonful of ice cream into .

 

The puppy girl was instantly snap out from her daydream, the look of sadness on her crush face was certainly not what she expected to witness on this date. She nodded in reply and continue to finish off the parfait. At the corner of her eyes, she spotted two familiar figure standing outside the store. One of them was the one occupying Minju’s head right now. The older girl noticed the latter’s far off gaze at the store front, she followed the sight and was leads toward the sight that would ultimately make her heart drop.

 

-

 

“Hyewon told me that you were looking for me.”, Chaeyeon mentioned.

 

After that awkward reunion, the two girl went off to the nearby convenience store to get soda before diving into the talk in the mustang. Sakura’s grip on her Coke tighten at what she heard, her palms were getting all sweaty and this atmosphere is definitely not what she had in mind when she was planning to have this talk. 

 

“I was looking for you as well but I couldn’t seem to find you anywhere on campus these days.”, the girl continues speaking.

 

The Japanese girl finally look at the boogeyman in the eye, “I’m sorry, I know that this is childish but I had been avoiding you this whole week.”

 

Chaeyeon was taken aback by the girl’s reply, part of her was sad to hear this but part of her doesn’t have a clue to why she was being avoided. Did she do something to offend the girl or was the girl afraid of her right now like all other student do? Having all these thoughts was too overwhelming for the Baba Yaga, normally she wouldn’t think so much of another person. But why is the cherry blossom girl making her feel these weird thing and having all these strange thoughts. The girl began to question so many thing to herself.

 

“Are you mad at me?”, Sakura asked quietly with guilt written all over her face.

 

She knew she shouldn’t be so selfish, probably her action is causing hurt to the other girl that the latter doesn’t want to speak to her. However, behind that stern looking face, Chaeyeon was holding an urge of hugging the girl in front of her. The more she look at the Japanese girl the more she couldn’t hold back and so she let her body do the work. Without a word, Sakura was pulled into an embrace. Soon, no explanation were needed to mend the relationship they had, a hug with two thumping heart was enough to solve everything.

 

Just like that, the duo decided to go on a friendly date to a cafe that Sakura’s been dying to go after she moved here. Since Yena was the only one that had to attend Sunday detention, the John Wick appointed her trusty friend to take care of that punishment for her. Which is to clean Hyewon’s gigantic pool for the pool party tonight in which the glutton girl was very thankful for because it save her money to buy more chips. During times like this, the Baba Yaga was behaving just like the devil Chaewon, grinning at the thoughts of someone being tortured. Meantime, the clueless cherry blossom girl was just staring at the menu in awe with her hand linked on the other girl’s arm. Both of them were totally unaware of the stare they’re receiving from the other two inside the cafe. 

 

-

 

Like planned, Hitomi visits Chaewon house in the absence of h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter