xiv / the incident in middle school.

who is lee chaeyeon?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

No way in hell would Hyewon believe that their school’s John Wick had no feeling for that new girl. It was so obvious that even a 5 years old could see through it. The glutton girl really wonders why did that girl even bother hiding it from her when it’s so obvious. 

 

Hyewon was puffing her cheeks, feeling grumpy over not getting the answer she wanted to hear from Chaeyeon. Planning to get some snack from the vending machine before heading back to class, she passed by the school track field. From afar she could identify the girl who walked in on them before at the office, was sitting alone by the bench. She continues on her track then halted when she heard sobs coming from that direction. The curious girl took a few step back, she saw the girl covering her face with both her hands and her shoulder shaking. Seeing that girl crying all alone in that empty bench swells the glutton girl’s heart. She didn’t know what happened to the girl but she somehow felt sympathy for her. Hyewon decided to step in, wanting to accompany the girl but stop when she saw another person step in the scene before her. Hence, she just stay back and looked after the duo.

 

“Are you okay, unnie?”, the clueless puppy asked in concern as she took the seat beside the latter.

 

There were no response from Minju, only relentless tears streaming down her eyes. Yujin felt helpless in this situation, she was never the kind who knew how to console a crying person. Therefore, she remained silent, just staying beside her childhood friend throughout her whole break down. It took a while for the crying girl to finally calm down. When she does, Hyewon was ready to leave the place but their conversation catches her attention.

 

“It’s all my fault, Yujinie. If it weren’t for me, things wouldn’t be like that.”, the poor girl speak in her quavering voice.

 

It was that incident during Minju’s last year in middle school again. Not much people knew what really happened that day but Yujin is one of the people who  really knew. She remembers seeing her childhood friend crying her heart out every day after it happened. The girl went through a terrible depression state during that time. Yujin dreaded those days, those days where she would find dark circle and eye bag under Minju’s eyes and those days where she found the girl barely eaten anything for 2 weeks straight. It was horrible. 

 

“It’s not your fault, unnie.”, the younger softly murmured. “There’s just something we can’t control.”, she continues.

 

“No. If I wasn’t so clumsy maybe she-”, Minju tried to reason herself but she was cut off.

 

“Stop blaming yourself anymore, unnie!”, Yujin finally had it, she had enough of seeing her crush blaming herself over something she can’t control. “It was Chaeyeon unnie who made that choice so stop blaming yourself.”, her sight were starting to get  blurry the more she said. 

 

Hyewon’s ears perked when she heard Chaeyeon’s name. Her mind began piecing  the puzzle and she finally gets it. Everything finally come to sense now. The reason Eunbi’s face crumpled when she saw Minju during last detention, her calling the girl in her office out of ordinary and that lingering stares the girl had on Chaeyeon. All this while, it turned out Kim Minju is actually that rumoured ex girlfriend Chaeyeon had during middle school and the reason behind why Chaeyeon behaves like John Wick.

 

-

 

The answer was repeating like a broken record in Sakura’s mind. No matter how hard she tried not to think about it, it just won’t go away. She doesn’t understand why hearing that answer could affect her so much. It’s not like she had a crush on that girl a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter