xv / something’s missing.

who is lee chaeyeon?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The next following days, Chaeyeon noticed things was different. It began when she greets the cherry blossom girl at the front gate she was guarding on the day after she told her had no feeling toward the girl. There were no gleeful “Hi” but just an awkward nod by the girl. It was an uncharacteristic response from the latter  judging by the girl was always the one who initiates their conversation. At first, the boogeyman doesn’t thought much of her unusual behaviour toward her. But things started getting more obvious when she realised that was the last time she ever saw Sakura in school.

 

On the other hand, Sakura was indeed trying to avoid Chaeyeon. She was avoiding her at all cost. The cherry blossom girl knew it was a childish move to pull out over a single conversation they had. She just couldn’t help it, even seeing that girl from afar, she could feel her heart tighten and it’s suffocating. She sometimes wonders if this is how rejection feels like, but it wouldn’t count as a rejection when she doesn’t has feeling in return right? Or she did actually has feeling for the latter? She tried pushing all these thoughts to the back of her head. Immersing herself in the conversation her friend having right now would be the best things to do.

 

“So everything was like a musical movie, I was singing and they were dancing around.”, Yuri babbled the story behind why she got into detention.

 

The rest was enjoying her story and laughing along with her. Sakura tried to do the same, it turned out unexpectedly easier than she thought to blend it. Meanwhile, she noticed that there was a little changes in her friend group. 

 

“Hey, where’s Hitomi?”, she asked the group.

 

Nako shrugged, “I have no idea. But it really weird how she keeps going off somewhere in the middle of the break.”

 

“Yeah, it’s pretty unusual of her.”, Minju pointed out.

 

So Sakura wasn’t the only one who is aware of their beloved cheek girl’s occasionally disappearance. Somehow these happened after that girl who looked like Yuri came searching for her. She really wonders why were that girl looking for Hitomi that day and what is it about that talk she wanted to have?

 

-

 

It all happened so fast that Hitomi couldn’t get a grasp of it. She remembers sneaking out from her friend group when she received a note to meet Chaewon by their school Dojang. She followed the devil into the empty premise and then the unoccupied locker room. Immediately, her back was pinned on the locker, lips locked with the girl who brought her here. The devil really spare no seconds to get what she wants from the unsuspecting girl. Their position was switched to the same as they were back in the president’s office. It really brings back memories to Hitomi except that kiss was somehow soft and chaste unlike the lustful and sloppy one they are sharing right now. In between their exchange, she felt the other girl’s hand slowly slipping in under her skirt. Instantly, her hand reached down to hold onto the girl’s hand like a reflex action. Chaewon was caught off guard by the cheek girl’s action. 

 

“What’s wrong?”, the devil asked, feeling sort of annoyed to get stopped.

 

“Isn’t it weird to do it in place like this?”, trying to hide the fact that she wasn’t ready for this.

 

“You never did it in public place before?”, Chaewon faltered.

 

“Yeah...”, it was half lies and half truth.

 

“Oh. I’m sorry.”, the devil removed herself from the girl as she apologised.

 

Finally, Hitomi was able catch a break from what’s happening between them. She was really relieved things didn’t escalate too far. Meantime, she’s starting to understand what ‘casual relationship’ actually meant.

 

“I’m really sorry. It’s my first time, I didn’t really knew how things work.”, Chaewon involuntarily blushed as she confessed.

 

It was an adorable sight for the bread loving girl to take in. Never would she imagine this could be one of the expression the devil girl would have when she’s usually a snappy person. It not like Hitomi never notices the girl before their encounter in detention. She had known that

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter