xviii / the ultimate reveal.

who is lee chaeyeon?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The whole ride toward the Honda’s residence was rather odd. Unlike the usual chatter about random silly thing that happened in school, it was a long and awkward silence between the two best friend. Neither one of them wanted to take the first initiative to break the silence or maybe one of them was just too anxious to speak and another just got nothing to say. 

 

10 dreadful minutes later, they finally reach the mansion by the beach. The atmosphere was so unusual even the driver was feeling apprehensive. Once the car was parked right in front of the gigantic front door, the girls got down the car and headed straight to the kitchen. 

 

By the kitchen island, laid a basket filled with bread that the youngest owner of the house loves. Normally, she would just jump right onto it and dig in but today she just took a seat at a stool nearby the kitchen island. On the other hand, Nako went straight for the huge two-doors fridge that could hold her whole body in. The moment she opened the door, a pink tub ice cream on the top shelve caught her attention. There it was her favourite Baskin Robbins mint chocolate ice cream. 

 

“So you already planned on having this talk?”, the shorter girl asked without a doubt as she took the tub out from the cold. 

 

Timidly Hitomi nodded to reply, she even had a spoon ready at hand for her mint chocolate fanatic friend to enjoy her ice cream. Nako let out a long breath, she took the spoon from her friend’s grip and began to dig in on her favourite while leaning on the opposite side of the island. 

 

“Go on.”, the latter ushered with her stuffed mouth. 

 

The fluffy cheek girl took a really long deep breath, her palms were sweaty and was dry. Her friend looked at her, eagerly waiting for her to speak. Part of her just wanted to scream at Hitomi’s face and said how much she regretted walking in on them but part of her just wanted to hear it from her friend first before she speaks. It was then Hitomi realised there is no turning back, she did her choice and it time to get it out her system.

 

“I made a mistake.”, were the words she announced.

 

“What happened?”, it came out surprisingly naturally for Nako.

 

“I-uh...well...argh! it.”, the girl tried to piece up the right word to tell her friend but instead it was getting her frustrated.

 

The shorter girl gave her friend a weird look.

 

“I kinda-sorta-perhaps...had made a lie about myself...”, the latter trailed off. 

 

“O...okay.”

 

At that point, Nako’s patience gauge was starting to tick. 

 

“I lied to Chaewon that I’m experienced.”, the bread loving girl confessed so fast that the other girl almost couldn’t catch up.

 

“Huh? Experienced in what?”, Nako questioned.

 

“S-.”, Hitomi stammered.

 

“You-WHAT?!”, the girl with a chocolate stuck on her teeth couldn’t believe what she just heard.

 

“It’s my ego, Nako. It just kinda take over my body for a moment and I said things that shouldn’t be said.”, the latter buried her face in her arm as she said, she was just to embarrassed to face her best friend at this point.

 

“Oh my god but why do you have to lie about that?”

 

“It just came to me at that moment. First thing, we made out after we sneak out from detention.”, the girl looked up at her friend as she explained.

 

“You sneaked out during detention?!”, another surprise to the clueless girl.

 

“Yeah and she was drunk when we kissed but I was so sober. Tbh, the kiss was so magical but then the next day she came to me and apologised, saying she forgot everything that happened. My ego was crushed so I couldn’t take it and I lied to her saying I was immune to this.”

 

“What the , Hitomi?”, Nako was disgusted at her friend’s words.

 

“I know and she was like ‘Oh you are into casual relationship?’ and I didn’t know what it was so I said yes.”

 

“Oh god, how could you not know what that is?”

 

“No one ever told me about it. The term didn’t even sound like it’s relevant to .”, Hitomi shrugged.

 

“You’re so naive.”, the shorter girl shook her head.

 

“How do I undo what I said?”, the cheek girl holds her friend, shaking like she could get an answer to her problem this way. 

 

Nako being shook vigorously suspired, she rubbed her temple trying to help her friend figure out a solution to this.

 

“Also, we kinda made out a couple of times during lunch break and she’s asking me to go over her house this weekend.”, she stopped shaking when she gives out this new piece of information.

 

“You can’t be serious, girl. Don’t tell me you actually take up the offer.”, the shorter girl’s eyes went wide when she questioned the girl.

 

Without a word, Hitomi shut her eyes and nodded. Her best friend rolled her eyes, totally speechless at the choices the latter made.

 

-

 

Back in Haseul’s office, the investigation on the money laundering case is still going on. Eunbi and Chaeyeon was sitting on each side of the long table while Haseul’s at the middle. The visitors were getting slightly annoyed as the president of the said school was trying to change the topic of their conversation while avoiding the purpose of them being here at all cost. She even went to the point where she offered two cups of top notch Whiskey to them. Haseul and her obsession over mafia movie scenarios had turned from funny to annoying for Eunbi. Meanwhile, the Baba Yaga was just tapping on her feet, expecting the girl beside her to blow out first before she takes any action.

 

“We’re not here for a drink and it is not even legal for us to drink, let alone drinking at school.”, she slammed both her arm on the table and glared at the president.

 

Finally, Haseul gave up. She hid the bottle of Whiskey she stole from her dad’s collection back into her bag. The girl stood up from her seat, bravely drown two cups of whiskey she offered in a single breath. Both the girls were taken aback by the latter’s action. At that moment, the drunk president was so ready to accept her fate and spill out the truth. 

 

“Alright, actually I don’t know who was the one behind it and I admit I didn’t bother checking it in the first place.”, she confessed while swinging her hands around.

 

“What?! Over a thousand dollar credited into your fund and you don’t even bother checking how it got there?”, Eunbi began to questions the other girl’s logic and how is she even the student president of this sch

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter