Chapter 7: Seoul, 2012

Skylight
Please log in to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]7.[/CONTENTID1]

[CONTENTID2]Seoul, 2012[/CONTENTID2]

[CONTENTID3]

Imagine a boy imagining love

because the image of you

imagining too was all it took to

create a lasting image for two.

-n.a.denmon- [/CONTENTID3]

[CONTENTID4]

Sixteen years old feels nothing different. She wakes up as usual, preparing for school, having an awkward breakfast with her family, going to school, going home, working on her homework and going to end her day in her lonely room. Her parents want to celebrate it with a big party but she refuses. The party will end up as a business party. Being the daughter of Samsung, she will be dragged around to greet those greedy old men and maybe arrange for marriage with their son; or maybe she just watches too much drama.

Yes. She is the daughter of Samsung; the giant electronic corporation from South Korea. During her trainee days, she never told anyone about her family. But Sehun, Jongin, Chanyeol and Joonmyeon find out somehow.

Being the daughter of chaebol is not like how everyone dreams about. She spent her childhood learning everything about business, manners and other skills needed to be the perfect princess. Her brother is the next CEO in line, and she doesn’t understand why she should be preparing too. She has a dream of her own. She wants to dance and sing on the stage; even though her dream is just a dream now.

She is just about to close her eyes when her phone sings that loud Exo cult like song. Yes, she thought ‘Mama’ is some kind of cult song.

Exo-L please don’t kill me.

She prays inside her heart. She looks at the screen and sees Baekhyun's name there. “What does he want?” she mumbles then answers his call. “Hello oppa.”

“Saeng il chukha hamnida!

Saeng il chukha hamnida!

Saranghaneun uri Jihye.

Saeng il chukha hamnida!”

“Happy sixteen birthday Jihye-ah. Another two years and you are not a minor anymore.”

Jihye bit her lips to hold the smile. He’s just so damn sweet. “Thank you oppa. But are you going to flirt with me again if I’m no longer a minor?” she asks with playfulness lace in her voice.

“Yes. I’m going to flirt with you until you throw up.”

Jihye laughs. “Well then I’ll refuse all your flirt attempts.” Baekhyun gasps.

“You can’t do that!”

“I don’t know that you’re a flirty type.” She says with a giggle. Baekhyun never really strikes as a flirty type to her. So she is kind of surprised when he tries his poor attempt to flirt with her.

“Only to you.”

Jihye rolls her eyes. “I’m still a minor, Baekhyun-ssi.” She can hear Baekhyun curses faintly. “Don’t curse in front of a minor Baekhyun-ssi.” She covers her phone microphone so he doesn't laugh at him. Baekhyun sounds so flustered.

Jihye continues to and they finally spend all night talking about many things. Baekhyun tells her how tiring it is to be an idol but also about how happy he is performing for their fans. He asks her about her day and says sorry for not being able to celebrate her birthday.

“It’s okay really. I’m happy just hearing you sing for me.” She says softly.

“I’ve waited for this day since last year. I hope I can celebrate your birthday next year. You threw a birthday party for me last month. And I really want to do the same for you.” Jihye smiles fondly. Then an idea pops into her mind. “Oppa…”

“Yes, princess?”

Jihye’s heart always flutters happily whenever he calls her that. She hates to be called princess but hearing it from him feels nice. “I heard from Joonmyeon oppa that you finally have your holiday.”

“Are you going to ask me on a date?”

Baekhyun asks with joy. Jihye blush furiously. This oppa is really fast to catch something like this. Jihye clears . “Not a date. I’m giving you a chance to give me a late birthday celebration. So, what do you say?” Baekhyun clicks his tongue in disappointment.

“Okay then. I’ll pick you up?”

Jihye notices his disappointment but she lets him be. She must look and sound cool. “You’ll pick me up?” she asks.

“Yes. I’ll borrow my brother's car. But don’t worry; someday I’ll buy a nice car just to take you out on a real date.”

Jihye chuckles. This guy clearly likes her and he has no effort to hide it. “Okay then. I’ll send you my address. See you tomorrow oppa. Good night.”

“Yes. Good night princess. Dream about me…”

***

Byun Baekhyun's jaw drops in shock. He looks once again at the address she sent him. This is the right house mansion according to the map. When he first looked at the address, he knew that she somewhat lived in those rich people's area, but he never thought that her house would be this big.

“You never tell me that you live in a mansion!”

“You never ask.” Jihye slides into the passenger seats and Baekhyun closes the door for her. Gentleman Byun is showing today. “Really?! Samsung?! Whoa, I’m not wrong for calling you princess.”

Jihye only stays silent and makes Baekhyun turn his head toward her. “Did I say something wrong?” He asks softly after noticing her sour expression. Jihye puffs her cheeks and shakes her head. “No. I… I just don’t like to be called princess just because I’m from the Samsung family. There’s nothing great about that.” She says.

Baekhyun widens his eyes in surprise. He never sees this side of her. And he’s been calling her princess without knowing her feelings about the nickname. “I-I’m sorry. I didn’t know that-”

“It’s okay oppa. You’re

Please log in to read the full chapter