Chapter 15: Seoul, 2013

Skylight
Please log in to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]15.[/CONTENTID1]

[CONTENTID2]Seoul, 2013[/CONTENTID2]

[CONTENTID3]

Life is a matter of choices,

And every choice you make makes you.

-John C. Maxwell- [/CONTENTID3]

[CONTENTID4]

“I’m going to leave EXO.”

“W-what?”

“I’m going to leave EXO Jihye-ah.” Yifan says once again with a sad smile on his face. Jihye's lips part in shock. “L-leave exo? Yifan ge please don’t joke around.” She hopes that it’s only his cruel joke but unfortunately that’s not the case. “Why?” She asks with a small voice. Yifan softly wraps his larger hands around Jihye's smaller one.

“You know the reason Ji.” He answers so vaguely. But Jihye does know the reasons really well; better than anyone. Last month, when she went on her weekly therapy, she met Yifan in the hospital. His ankle was badly injured but he still needs to perform continuously with EXO and fly back and forth between Korea and China.

“Have you talked about this with the other members?” Jihye asks. Yifan shakes his head weakly. The Yifan in front of her is very different from the Yifan who always looks so strong and charismatic in front of her. For the first time ever, Jihye truly sees the tired look in his eyes. The hands who grips her hand are no longer strong and comforting. This time, the guy who is like her big brother is the one who needed the strength the most. “You are supposed to talk to them. Not me.” Jihye says softly. Her small hands squeeze his hand harder.

The boys are going to be very shocked with this news. She doesn’t know why Yifan is very hesitant to tell the boys about his plan. The background noise of the café fills the silence between them. “Jihye-ah, do you think this is the right choice?” Yifan asks. Jihye doesn’t answer right away. This is a really hard decision to make; she understands that. He must have thought of this for a very long time. “I don’t know. I’m only an ordinary 17 year old girl. How would I know ge?” Jihye answers with a soft smile on her face. “I can’t say that this is the right choice. There will be consequences for every choice that you’ll make. But please remember that this is not only about you.”

Yifan looks up at her and heaves a long sigh. He smiles a little brighter than ruffles her hair. “My little sister always manages to come up with a really wise word.” He chuckles softly.

“But Jihye-ah, please don’t tell the boys about this now. I need time to think.” Yifan pleads. She knows everything is going to change after this. She nods.

“Come on, I’ll take you home. It’s dangerous at night.”

***

It’s been a while since the last time Yoongi saw Jihye. After debuting under the group BTS, he’s been very busy so he barely has time to meet her. Today Jihye drops by his management office to bring him some food. He doesn’t know why; she looks kind of different now. She looks gloomier and space out more often than she used to.

“Ji, are you okay?” Yoongi pinches her cheeks. Usually Jihye will swat his hand right away and pout but this time, the girl doesn’t even move a bit and blankly staring at the space. “Ji? Jihye?” Yoongi shakes her shoulder gently. “Lee Jihye-ahhhhh.”

“Huh?”

Jihye finally comes back to earth and looks at Y

Please log in to read the full chapter