Chapter 27: 2016

Skylight
Please log in to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]27.[/CONTENTID1]

[CONTENTID2]World, 2016[/CONTENTID2]

[CONTENTID3]

I am totally homesick

If and only if you are my home.

-Sarbani-

[/CONTENTID3]

[CONTENTID4]

The soft female voice breaks his trance. Baekhyun looks to his left and finds Z.Hera in her Goryeo red wedding costume already sitting beside him. Baekhyun smiles at her and nods. “I’m okay. Why do you ask?” He looks curiously at her. “Uhmm… It’s just that you look kind of distracted today. I’m sorry if I’m being too nosy.” She answers nervously. She is fiddling with the ornament on her costume. Baekhyun only laughs then assures her that he’s fine.

It’s just that today he suddenly misses her so much. Maybe it is because he’s going to film a wedding scene that he gets reminded of her. Why? Because he used to imagine a marriage with her. Well he still daydreams about it sometimes though. And now he wonders how she is? Has she received it? Sehun is visiting her and he wishes that he somehow can tag along.  Is she still like how she used to be? The always so lovely Jihye; or has she changed? His lips curve up in a faint smile at the memory of her. 

“What are you thinking about now?” Hera asks again. “Just some things.” He answers. The filming crew calls both of them and asks them to stand by to film their scene. Baekhyun stands up and dusts his costume. He should focus now.  He can daydream about her later. Baekhyun offers his hand to his drama partner and she takes it happily. 

“Shall we get married now?” 

***

The sound of gun shooting fills the room.  Loud curses can be heard in between the gun noises. Then it gets quite. For a few seconds nobody moves or breathes. “Did I just kill you?” Sehun asks in disbelief. Slowly Jihye turns her head toward him and glares at him angrily. “You are cheating!” Jihye throws her phone to the couch and starts to hit Sehun’s right arm. “I’m not cheating!” Sehun tries to protect himself from Jihye's furious attack.

He himself is actually kind of surprised that he can beat her in a game for the first time ever. Jihye is considered new in the game world but her skill is so amazing. She does not just play; she really uses her brain to play. She is the master strategist and that’s why Sehun is very surprised to be able to beat her. “You are the one who suddenly got loose on you thought.” Sehun finally catches both of her hands.

Jihye pouts angrily but she then sighs. “Okay fine! I suddenly got distracted.” She admits. Sehun lets go of her hand and ruffles her hair.  “You know what; you shouldn’t have punched me like that. This body is precious.” Sehun says and it earns him another smack on his arm.  “Stop hitting him princess.  You’re just going to hurt your hand.” The high pitched male voice stops their childish fight. Allen enters her game room with a bottle of coke and four glasses. The red haired men put the bottle and glasses on the coffee table in front of Sehun and Jihye then plopped himself beside Jihye.  

“Stop hitting me.” Sehun whispers and Jihye only glares at him. Neil soon joins them and lays down on the other empty couch.  “You all are so loud.” Neil grumbled with a sleepy voice. “She starts it. Just accept that you are lost to me.” Sehun whines not so cutely. “Speak English guys…. Pretty please with cherry on top?” Allen pleads with his famous overly sweet fake smile. 

Jihye sighs. She suddenly wants to be alone now. So she takes her phone from the couch and stands up. “Where are you going?” Allen asks. “Yeah, where are you going Ji?” Sehun also asks. Neil only looks at her curiously. “My room. Cya guys.” She left her gaming room.  Sehun looks at Neil. “Is she always like this when she loses a game?” he asked Neil. Allen sighs loudly when he realizes that they will stay talking in Korean. 

Neil looks at Sehun boringly. “No. She is just in her moody phase. Probably because of the package that Jisung hyung brought her.” Neil answers and then closes his eyes.  Sehun presses his lips and then decides to just go after her. He quietly leaves the room.  Sehun walks to her room while checking his phone. As usual his Baekhyun hyung bombards him with hundreds of messages. Sehun only replies to it with a sticker and locks his phone. 

“Ji… I’m going in.” Sehun enters her room after announcing his arrival. Her current room is just like her old one. Jihye is sitting on her bed with a medium size box in front of her. Jihye looks at him blankly but after a millisecond, it turns into a wide smile. After she leaves Seoul, Jihye has changed so much. She somehow becomes more easygoing and likes to flirt a lot (obviously Allen’s influence) but also becomes colder at the same time. From what he sees whenever he comes to visit her, she always puts on that happy face in front of other people. Then when no one sees, her face just becomes blank and cold. She slowly turns into someone he doesn’t know and it scares him.

“What are you doing there? Come here.” Jihye calls him and it breaks him from his trance. Sehun wet his lips and walks toward her. He gently sits on the edge of her bed. His eyes scan the box. “What is this?” He asks. Her lips lift up in a smile but somehow her eyes look so distant. “It’s from Baekhyun. He somehow managed to meet Jisung oppa and asked him to give this to me.” Jihye explains. 

Sehun doesn’t know at all about this. He joins Jihye to rummage through the contents of the box. There’s a Korean book from her favorite author, Baekhyun’s jersey from their Love Me Right MV (Sehun just hopes that Baekhyun washes it first), various snac

Please log in to read the full chapter