Chapter 14: Seoul, 2013

Skylight
Please log in to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]14.[/CONTENTID1]

[CONTENTID2]Seoul, 2013[/CONTENTID2] [

CONTENTID3]

Love is Beautiful Complex And Stupid -Wewake- [/CONTENTID3]

[CONTENTID4]

“I’ve prepared everything you need. You can go after your graduation.”

Her gray eyes are scanning the content of the paper slowly. After so many fights, now he kicks her out somewhere far. “No. I’ll just apply to SNU.” Jihye says as she stands up slowly from the white sofa in their living room. “It’s not a choice where you can say yes or no. It’s an order.” Her father says with a stern voice.

Jihye scoffs, then she laughs bitterly. “I’m your daughter Mr. Lee. I’m not your employee who you can order around.” Jihye says in disbelief. Her father's face darkens. “If you want to be acknowledged as my daughter then act like one.” He says coldly then leaves her alone in the living room. Jihye looks at the papers that lay messily on the coffee table.

Stanford University. It is written in a bold red letter. She never knows how such a simple letter can decide someone’s life. She takes the papers and puts them in her bag before leaving the house with another awful mood. Whenever she wants to mend her relationship with her family, there’s always something that stops her. Just like today.

She only wishes to be treated like their daughter, not an object to continue the family legacy. But apparently, she can only be treated as their daughter if she acts as they wish. Jihye doesn’t want to turn into their parent robot. She didn’t want to end up like her brother. She wants to live her life fully because she knows best how life can easily end with one weak push.

***

“This part is my favorite. I look so cool in this part, don’t I Ji?” Baekhyun asks excitedly but apparently the girl he talks to doesn’t pay any attention to him today. “Ji? Jihye? Are you listening?” Baekhyun shakes her softly but Jihye was too deep in her thoughts and the sudden touch makes her jolt away in surprise. Her gray eyes widen in surprise as if she just sees a ghost. “O-oh, I’m sorry I just…”

“What are you thinking about?” Baekhyun asks. His hand caresses her cheek softly. The girl in front of him bites her lips as if she is contemplating whether to tell him her problem or not. It saddens him a bit that it takes her time to decide whether to share her problem or not. Baekhyun always wants to be the guy that she talks to easily and trusts like Sehun. She may not show it but Baekhyun can feel that she still has her guard up high around him.

Jihye looks away from him. A small sad smile is displayed on her pink lips. “Actually I was considering not telling you about this but…I think you should know.”

“My parents asked me to study abroad.”

She breaks the news so easily and suddenly Baekhyun's brain works extremely hard to process the information “W-What?” Baekhyun asks her once again to make sure he hears her right. Jihye turns her face towards him. “My parents asked me to study abroad Baekhyun oppa.” Jihye says once again with a small smile. Baekhyun's expression falls. “W-where?” he asks. “America.” She answers simply.

“Don’t worry. I won’t go though.” Jihye says nonchalantly. “How can you not go? It’s a good opportunity for you.” Baekhyun tries to rationalize that it is indeed good fo

Please log in to read the full chapter