Chapter 10: Seoul, 2012

Skylight
Please log in to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]10.[/CONTENTID1]

[CONTENTID2]Seoul, 2012[/CONTENTID2]

[CONTENTID3]

Light is holding you.

-Jacqueline Whitney- [/CONTENTID3]

[CONTENTID4]

“Just be a professional gamer Ji. You’re so good at this.” Baekhyun says. Jihye is playing Dota and Baekhyun is sitting behind her watching her play.

“Really? My parents might disown me.” Jihye chuckles. “They won’t disown such a lovely girl like you.” Baekhyun says half whisper. Jihye rolls her eyes. “We’ll see then. You’ll need to feed me if they disown me.”

Baekhyun chuckles and smiles lovingly at her. “I’ll take full responsibility for you. You can even take my room.”

“Nah. I already have a place to go if they disown me someday.” Jihye says while still focusing on her game. Baekhyun looks at her curiously. “Huh? Where?” he asks.

Jihye smirks. “My childhood friend's apartment.”

Baekhyun narrows his eyes. “If I look from your smirk, it must be a boy. Who is it?” “You won’t know him even if I tell you.” Baekhyun clicks his tongue and pouts. Jihye pats his head softly and continues gaming. “Don’t worry; he’s more trustworthy than Sehunnie.”

Baekhyun is humming random Exo songs. Little do they know, Sehun watches the couple with hawk eyes. He is ready to jail him if he does something to her. No matter what, Jihye is still 16 and Baekhyun is a 20 years old male. So he prefers if they meet in the dorm rather than somewhere else.

But Sehun can see that Baekhyun won’t do anything without her consent. They only hold hands and sit close to each other like that. Jihye naturally loves skinship with someone she knows well. If Sehun thinks about it again, maybe it’s because her parents were rarely around when she was a child.

“Watch out ji! Good… that’s my girl.”

Sehun really wants to gag. Baekhyun is so cheesy to her. She’s not his girlfriend yet and he's already that gross. Sehun can’t imagine if someday Jihye will really become Baekhyun's girlfriend. He thinks he will prefer to move to the Exo-M dorm with his Luhan hyung. But he can’t watch over Jihye if he moves out. What a hard choice.

He really can’t stand his hyung anymore and he is kind of bored. So the mighty Oh Sehun, the part time father of Lee Jihye, decides to jump off his hyung and annoy him.

“BAEKHYUN HYUNG!! HANDS OFF OR I’M GOING TO KILL YOU!”

“YAH OH SEHUN WHAT IN THE HEAVEN-”

The younger male jumps on the older male. Sehun put Baekhyun in a headlock. The older man screams pathetically even though he actually learns Hapkido. Jihye only shakes her head.

“Just brawl somewhere else. Don’t bother me boys.” Jihye says nonchalantly. Her game is more important than theirs. She’s just going to make a lot of money. And she laughs evilly in her head.

***

Dinner in her house always turns into a nightmare. The deafening silence is too hard to bear. Jihye slowly eats her salad with no appetite. She doesn’t know why her parents suddenly set her on a strict diet. She’s really going to starve every day.

“How’s your school?” Her father asks with a monotone voice. “Good as usual.” She replies curtly. Her gray eyes focus on the leaf in her plate. “Your mother says that you’ve been playing around in SM again. Nothing good comes from that place.” He states.

“My friends are there.” She reasons flatly.

“Ask them to meet you somewhere else.” Jihye really wants to slam her fork on the table to show her irritation, but she can do that. She wants to believe that she’s a civilized person. “I can’t. Don’t worry. I can take care of myself.” She tries to convince her parents.

Her father scoffs mockingly. Jihye turns her head to look at her father with her blank face. “If you can take care of yourself, you wouldn’t fall from that stair and get yourself almost killed and paralyzed. Just look at you now; all gloomy and depressed.”

Jihye really slams her fork to the glass dining table this time. She laughs in disbelief. “Really father? Are you going to use that against me? Do you seriously think I want

Please log in to read the full chapter