Chapter 21: Seoul, 2014

Skylight
Please log in to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]21.[/CONTENTID1]

[CONTENTID2]Seoul, 2014[/CONTENTID2]

[CONTENTID3]

You were my sunshine in a thunderstorm:

When things were ugly

you were something beautiful.

-Zack Grey- [/CONTENTID3]

[CONTENTID4]

 

“What have you done Ji?”

Sehun looks at the girl who curls up under the thick blanket. He can hear the soft sobs emitting from the girl. Earlier that day, Jihye asks him if he can help her take the boys out so she can talk alone with Baekhyun. He thought that they finally cleared everything. How wrong he was when he came back to the dorm and found hysterical Baekhyun in the living room. The other boys try to calm Baekhyun while he runs to Jihye’s house only to find the girl in no better condition.

All he knows is that Jihye decides to leave.

The door of her room suddenly opens abruptly and Sehun exhales in relief when he sees Yoongi there. “Jihye-ah…” Yoongi  whispers her name softly and walks towards her bed. “Hyung, I’m glad you can make it here.” Sehun says. To be honest, he’s not that close with the older man but he knows very well that Yoongi  is the only one who can understand her in a way no one can. Just like right now. 

“What happened to her?” Yoongi  asks as he takes a seat at the edge of her bed. Then Jihye cries become louder and her body shakes violently. Both of the male becomes panic because they never see this side of Jihye. Whatever happens to her, no matter how hurt she is, she never lets her emotions show.

Lee Jihye never cries.

Yoongi  pulls away the blanket that covers her entire figure and sees her clutching chest tightly. Sehun only roots in his position because he is too panicked to act. Yoongi  gathers her in his arms and tries to calm her down. Her cries really pierce his heart. Sehun can feel his own tears start to gather around his eyes. He doesn’t know what exactly happened between her and Baekhyun. He doesn’t know why Jihye suddenly chooses to leave everything and everyone behind. 

Slowly and quietly, Sehun walks out from her room. He closes the door quietly and slides down in front of the door. He hugs himself tightly and buries his head on his knees. It’s too painful to see. It’s too painful to hear. 

And it’s more painful to know that there’s nothing he can do.

***

“Actually, I have the feeling that at the end she will choose to leave.” 

Yoongi  says. Jihye finally falls asleep after almost an hour wailing and crying hard. The sun almost sets down. “I just don’t understand why she becomes like that so suddenly.” Sehun looks down on her sleeping figure. He has a feeling that she doesn’t tell Yoongi  at all about Baekhyun. He wonders why.

“Hyung, do you know about her and…”

“Baekhyun?”

Sehun wipes his head to him. Then he sees Yoongi ’s bitter smile. “She doesn’t tell me anything about Baekhyun. But I accidentally saw her phone wallpaper. It’s their picture together.” He says sadly. “And I just know.” Sehun analyzes his expression and his mouth gapes in realization. “Hyung, are you?” 

Then Yoongi  looks at him with the eyes that makes Sehun confirm his suspicion. The younger male runs his finger through his hair. “Please don’t tell her.” Yoongi pleads. Sehun only nods quietly. Yoongi  awkwardly pats his back in a brotherly manner. 

He should have known. 

“So, has she become like this because of him?” Yoongi  asks quietly; eyes staring at the girl who sleeps peacefully. “Maybe. I don’t really know.” Sehun replies. All he knows is that the both of them are in the same condition. “Do you know that she is going to leave next week?” Sehun asks Yoongi . 

“Yeah I know. She told me yesterday.” 

So she has thought of it. “All I know is that it has something to do with her parents. You know… the usual.” He whispers the last sentence. Then a realization hit him, her parents aren't home. It’s Sunday and even though her father isn’t home, her mother will always be home. “She fought with them almost every day this month. It’s been especially hard for her.” Yoongi  explains. Sehun watches how he removes the strands of her hair that fall down on her face. 

Now that he looks at her properly, she looks so tired and sullen. She becomes thinner. Her cheeks sunken and no

Please log in to read the full chapter