Chapter 29: Seoul, 2018

Skylight
Please log in to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]29.[/CONTENTID1]

[CONTENTID2]Seoul, 2018[/CONTENTID2]

[CONTENTID3]

From the first moment

that we touched,

your arms felt like home.

-John Mark Green-

[/CONTENTID3]

[CONTENTID4]

Seoul has never felt like home before. How strange it is now that she feels like coming home when she is finally back. At the same time, it feels like a whole new world for her. “You seem happy.” Jisung muses as he stands at her doorstep. Jihye grins at her brother. “I am. I can’t wait to meet my friends.” She giggles happily. Jisung chuckles at his sister's cute attic. Jisung enters her room and plops himself on her bed. “I wonder what I was thinking when I painted your room back then.” Jisung mumbles. Jihye grimaces at the memory of the state of her room back in America. Jisung painted it in a very bright pink color. As soon as she opened her eyes, the color attacked her eye mercilessly.  

“I was thinking that you actually want to kill me.” Jihye jokes. Jisung pouts at her. “You used to like pink.” He counters. Jihye laughs and nods. She indeed used to love pink when she was 5. “So, when are you going to meet your gang?” Jisung asks. “I’ll be going after breakfast tomorrow.” She answers. She can’t wait to surprise them. After years being shot by the same question, Jihye decides to pay them back by not telling any of her friends of her return. She has their entire schedule so she just can easily pop out in front of them. She wants to see their reaction. “Let’s eat first Ji. I’m starving.” 

Dinner is awkward. That’s an understatement. “So when is your graduation?” Her father asks. “June 15th.” She simply answers. Her father nods. “I expect you to start working at the company as soon as you graduate.” Jihye only shrugs. “Let’s see. I have my own plan father and I hope you’ll respect it. I want to try to stand on my own feet.” She says. She can hear her father's heavy sighs. 

“Father, let her do what she wants. Jihye is a very responsible girl. Just trust her okay?” Jisung tries to ease their old man. “Fine. Do whatever you want. Just don’t come back home crying with another broken bone.” He says and leaves the dinner table. Jisung turns to her and grins. “Thanks bro.” Jihye whispers. Her mother pats her back. “But you will stay in Korea, won’t you?” she asks. “Well, I still think about it.” Jihye answers and resumes eating her dinner. She has everything planned out but there’s still so many things she needs to think about.

***

“Noona, are you there yet?” Jungkooks asks in a whisper. She has asked Jungkook to smuggle her to their waiting room. The Bangtan Maknae seems so happy when she asks for his help. “I’m here. Where are you Jungkookie?” Jihye looks around to find him. She starts to get uncomfortable by the stares from other people. “NOONA!” Jungkook pops up from behind her and her heart almost stops. Jihye slaps his arm and glares at him. “Do you want to give me a heart attack Jeon?” Jungkook pouts. “Sorry Jihye noona. I’m just getting too excited. I haven’t seen you in months.”

“And by the way, your glare is really as scary as Suga hyung.” Jungkook says. She really gets that a lot. “Come on, come on, I’ll take you to our room.” Jungkook pushes her by the shoulder. “You didn’t tell anyone, did you?” Jihye asks. Jungkook shakes his head. “Don’t worry. I didn’t tell anyone.” He giggles.

Along the way, Jungkook asks her so many questions. He used to be so shy around her before. “Here we are.” They stop in front of a white door with BTS name on it. “Come one stand behind me.” Jungkook pushes her to stand behind his body. He takes a deep breath to calm his excitement. He opens the door and walks inside. Jihye follows behind him closely. 

“Yah Jungkook! Where have you been?” Namjoon's voice greets them. “Oh! I just need to pick up a gift.” He answers. Jihye somehow knows he is grinning widely just from his voice. “A gift?” Jimin asks. “Well, a surprise for Suga hyung actually.” Jungkook gives her a sign to step out. “JIHYE IS HOME!!” Jihye jumps from behind Jungkook. Five pai

Please log in to read the full chapter