Chapter 33: Seoul, 2018

Skylight
Please log in to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]33.[/CONTENTID1]

[CONTENTID2]Seoul, 2018[/CONTENTID2]

[CONTENTID3]

“I’ve been fighting to be who I am all my life. What’s the point of being who I am, if I can’t have the person who was worth all the fighting for?”

― Stephanie Lennox, I Don't Remember You

[/CONTENTID3]

[CONTENTID4]

“So apparently, our aeri is obsessing over the SeJi couple.”

Baekhyun said while glaring at his girlfriend. Jihye, who was working on her laptop, only chuckled quietly at her boyfriend's jealousy. “Well, SeJi is definitely a very nice ship name, isn’t it?” She decided to . It’s always so much fun to tease jealous Baekhyun. “I’m serious Ji.” He started to whine. “I’m your boyfriend, not him. But people always ship you with him.” Baekhyun pouted. Jihye swore that she heard him mumble something like, ‘I don’t like it’. 

She saved her work and closed her laptop. Baekhyun, who was sitting beside her, started to move closer to her so that their shoulders touched. Jihye turned to face him. He was looking at her with a cute pouty face but his eyes looked sad. Well, she could understand him. People seemed to like her friendship with Sehun. The both of them are basically free to interact in public. But that wasn’t the case with Baekhyun.

“Do you want to go public then?” Jihye asked him. “Kind of. But…” I don’t want you to receive any hate comments because of me. He doesn’t want to recall any of his memories while fake dating Taeyeon but he just can’t help it. Taeyeon really received a lot of hate comments from his fans and netizens. Many people really disapprove of their relationship. He’s really glad but he can’t help but think if Jihye is going to receive the same hate if they reveal their relationship to the public. 

“Ouch! What was that for?” Baekhyun whines in pain as Jihye flicks his forehead. “I didn't even hit you that hard B. And you were spacing out.” Jihye explains herself.  “What are you thinking about? Care to elaborate?” Jihye asks him. Baekhyun really doesn't want to tell her about all this but he feels like he should tell her. Because this is their relationship.

“Actually… I really want to tell our fans about us. But then I remember how they react when I… ugh. They react badly to my fake relationship with that woman.” He finally confesses. “And you don’t want me to get the same treatment as her.” Jihye concludes. He nods. Jihye is the most precious to him. How could he let someone he loves receive hate from people he doesn't even know. It surprises him when Jihye smiles softly and pulls him into a hug. Baekhyun immediately relaxes in her arms and buries his face on her shoulder. Her hand starts to tangle itself on his hair. 

“You know what? I’ve been thinking about that actually.” She starts. “I have so many questions. If somehow we get caught and our relationship becomes known to the public, what will I do? How will I feel? But after all that thinking, I reach a conclusion that  I’ll be fine. I have you.” Jihye says. She kisses the crown of his head softly. “And I won’t let random people’s opinions affect me and our relationship. ”

Baekhyun feels like he should be the mature and wise one, but Jihye always ends up being the mature and wise one. Sometimes he feels like a failure to be the man who is worthy for her. He feels like he can’t do anything to protect her, he can’t do anything for her.  But hearing how she was thinking about them makes his heart soar high to the sky. He’s the luckiest man in the world indeed.

Baekhyun lifts his head from her shoulder. “But still, I don’t like it that you and Sehun have a couple names.” Jihye giggles. “Let’s make our own then. What do you have in mind?” Jihye asks him. Baekhyun looks at his girlfriend's beautiful eyes. “Hmmm… BaekJi? BaekHye? HyunHye? HyunJi? JiBaek? JiHyun? Why does everything sound weird?” Baekhyun furrows his eyebrows. His name and Jihye don't sound like a match at all. 

“BaekHye sounds awesome though. What do you think, oppa?” Jihye’s bright smile is always contagious to him. He always unknowingly smiles along whenever those pretty lips of her curve into a smile. Baekhyun can’t hold the urge to kiss his sweet darling. He pecks Jihye’s smiling lips and whispers,

“I love it.”

“But why do I still like SeJi better?” Jihye jokes. Baekhyun's jaws drop. He looks betrayed. “Jagiya. Can you just stop teasing me for just one day?” He protests. Jihye's laugh explodes. Baekhyun’s face is too funny. Why does this have to be this adorable? If only she can have a pocket’s size Baekhyun so that she can keep him close to her heart and bring him wherever she goes.

After almost a minute, Jihye’s laugh finally dies down. “Are you done?” Baekhyun asks with a pout. “Ha ha… Sorry love. You are just too cute.” Jihye admits. Baekhyun then sighs and pulls her into a proper hug. His now muscular arms round her waist and he rests his chin on her shoulder. “I’m mad at you.” He says. “But I'm really glad that I made you laugh. You didn’t used to laugh much back then.” He continues.

Jihye’s circles her arms around his shoulder. “I’m happy now. That’s why.” She says. Then they fall into silence. It’s nice to just enjoy each other's presence like this. Baekhyun feels so calm just by feeling her heartbeat and listening to her calm breathing. It still feels like a dream. To hear that she is happy now and he is a part of her happiness, makes him feel euphoric. 

“Oppa…”

“Hmmm?” 

Jihye pulls away from their hug, a blissful smile on her face. She caresses Baekhyun’s face and he instantly leans to her touch. “You know oppa…”

“You are totally worth the fight. And I should have realized it sooner.” 

Baekhyun looks deep into her eyes. His lips curve up into a small smile. “That’s why. Don’t ever let me go again.” He says. “Even though you do. I won’t let you go easily.” And they chuckle. Jihye leans forward and places a soft kiss on his lips. 

“I love you.”

***

It’s been a while since the last time he went back to Seoul. To be honest, he feels so sleepy right now but he doesn’t know when he will have time to meet Jihye again. When he arrives at the cafe, Jihye is already there, on the table at the corner of the cafe. She is texting with someone, probably Baekhyun, with a soft smile on her face. 

Yoongi stands quietly near the cafe entrance and stares at her for a little bit more. Jihye now has dark brown hair. As usual she wears only a white shirt with blue jeans and a cardigan. She looks hypnotizing.

Jihye somehow notices him behind his baggy shirt, bucket hat and black mask. She waves to him with excitement. It’s nice to know that she is excited to

Please log in to read the full chapter