Chapter 11: Seoul, 2013

Skylight
Please log in to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]11.[/CONTENTID1]

[CONTENTID2]Seoul, 2013[/CONTENTID2]

[CONTENTID3]

You cannot alter your fate.

However, you can rise to meet it.

-Princess Mononoke- [/CONTENTID3]

 

SAMSUNG MYSTERIOUS HEIRESS FIRST APPEARANCE AT SAMSUNG YEAR END GALA!

           

[CONTENTID4]

Yoongi tries to stifle his laugh but he finally bursts out laughing and almost falls from his chair. Jihye raids his humble studio after school to show him the business article about her. Jihye snorts. “What is so funny from the article?” She asks with a blank face. Yoongi is trying to even his breath and wipes the tears in the corner of his small eyes.

“Your face is funny.” He laughs again when he sees the photo of her professional heiress face. Jihye pouts. “Are you thinking that your swag selfie is not funny?” Jihye shoots back.

Yoongi stops to laugh abruptly. He sneers at her and throws his jacket to her. “YAH!”

“What? Are you screaming at your oppa now?”

Jihye scowls and turns her body around so she doesn’t need to see his annoying face. Yoongi moves to her with his chair. He peeks at her downturn face. “What happens? It’s not like you to attend that kind of party.” He asks in his usual lazy voice but softer.

Jihye sighs. “Well. Mr. and Mrs. Lee decided that it’s the time for me to step out from my cave.” Yoongi wraps his left arm around Jihye's shoulder. “Well, I’m sure it will benefit you somehow. It's still good to have a rich family, isn’t it?”

“I at least pretend to befriend the whole school today.”

Yoongi burst out in laughter again. “Did you put that sweet fake smile of yours?” He asks while trying to end his laugh. Strangely, he laughs a lot today. “Usually they ignore me like a plague. But today I hear a lot of ‘Good morning.’, ‘You look so beautiful today.’ Oh puh-lease. I am always beautiful and my morning is better without every one of them.”

Yoongi raises one of his eyebrows. “Ignore you? I thought you were the most wanted lady in school.”

“Oh yes, I am. But they never greet me or compliment me like that; especially the es.” Yoongi slaps her lips lightly. “Watch your language young lady.” Jihye pulls his milky hand away and glares at him.

“You are the one to blame. That foul mouth of yours infects me slowly.”

Yoongi glares back at her. The glaring contest continues for a few seconds until Kim Namjoon, Yoongi's future band mate clears his throat to catch the two best friends' attention.

“What are guys glaring about this time?”

***

“So Jihye has been a rich chaebol all this time. Why did she hide it anyway? I know that Samsung has a daughter, never thought it’s her.” Sooyoung asks more of herself. Sunny plops beside her on the sofa to look at the news on Sooyoung's phone. “Wah, Daebak!”

Taeyeon scoffs. “She has everything in the world. Why did she want to become an idol?” She asks. Jessica pats her friend's shoulder. “Well, her passion is to sing and dance. Everyone deserves to have a dream.”

Taeyeon smiles. “You’re right. It’s not wrong to have a dream and realize it.” And do whatever it takes to realize the dream.

***

“Baek hyung’s girl turns out to be a literal princess.” Tao com

Please log in to read the full chapter