Chapter 34: Seoul, 2018

Skylight
Please log in to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]34.[/CONTENTID1]

[CONTENTID2]Seoul, 2018[/CONTENTID2]

[CONTENTID3]

“Fate is like a strange, unpopular restaurant filled with odd little waiters who bring you things you never asked for and don't always like.”

― Lemony Snicket [/CONTENTID3]

[CONTENTID4]

“Hello Jihye-ssi. This Lee Sooman.”

Okay.

Why the  fluff Lee Sooman suddenly call her after years being a stranger? The last time she talked to him was when he gave her the SM Special Pass card. So, what do he want now? “Oh, Hello ahjussi. Long time no see. How are you?” Jihye's voice turns to the sweet business voice mode as he greets her ex-boss. “I’m good. How are you? I heard that you just got back from America?” the small talks start. 

“Yes, around half a year ago. If I may ask, why do you call me, ahjussi?” she asks straight to the point. Jihye can hear Lee Sooman clears his throat. She doesn’t know why but she has feelings that the older man has heard about her relationship with Baekhyun. Maybe Dispatch finally catches them? How should she answer if he really asked her about that?

“Can we meet tomorrow? There’s something I want to talk to you about. And I’m sure you already have a hunch about what I’m going to talk about. You are always a sharp girl.”

She’s right. 

“I can only go out at lunch time. Is that okay with you?” Jihye asks. “It’s okay. I’ll book a restaurant near your office. You work at Samsung, don’t you?”  

“Yes, I work there.” she answers shortly. Does Lee Sooman do a background check on her? Really? Why does this start to look like a drama she always watched back then in her highschool years? “Okay then. I’ll text you the time and the address. See you tomorrow.” 

“Yes, see you there ahjussi.”

Then the call ends. Jihye presses her lips into a thin line. She looks for her boyfriend's name in her contact list. She mumbles to herself,

“Mr. Boyfriend, looks like we are in trouble.”

***

Lee Jihye is soundly asleep like princess Aurora on her bed.

Baekhyun smiles bitterly. Around 10:17, Baekhyun enters Jihye's apartment in panic. He really can’t focus on anything. His brain can’t seem to stop thinking about the reason why Lee Sooman wants to meet her. What if Lee Sooman asks Jihye to leave him? He is so worried that he could die because of it.

But it seems that his girlfriend doesn’t have the same worry. How can she sleep in a situation like this? Her calmness is really on another level. Baekhyun sits on the edge of her bed. “Jihye-ah, jagiya, wake up.” He softly calls her and shakes her to wake. She stirs a little then buries herself with her duvet. “Ji, wake up.” He shakes her a little bit harder. “5 more minutes, Jisung.” Jihye groans.

Ah, so he is Lee Jisung now. 

Baekhyun takes a deep breath. He moves his body to hover over her and leans over to her ears. “Lee Jihye, if you don’t wake up now, I’ll delete all the games on your laptop.” He whispers in her ear threateningly. 

Jihye finally opens her eyes and lowers the duver who is covering her like a cocoon. “Ah, it’s my darling bacon.” Jihye says with a sleepy smile and husky voice. Baekhyun sighs. Why does she have to look this adorable? He leans in and puts a soft kiss on her lips. 

“Do you seriously wake me up just for a kiss?” she asks. Baekhyun smiles before putting another kiss on his girlfriend's soft lips then on her cheeks. Jihye giggles and wraps her arms around his neck. “What is it, oppa?” She asks again. Baekhyun plops on beside her and pulls her into his hug. 

“Mr. Lee asks you to meet him but how can you sleep so soundly like this?” Baekhyun grumbles. He feels Jihye shuffles closer to him and puts her arm on his waist. “I’m sleepy. I should sleep.” She answers, her voice is muffled on his chest. “Stop worrying too much. We’ll be fine.” Jihye pats his back softly.

“I’ve made a promise that I won’t leave you, haven’t I oppa?” 

“That’s why don’t worry too much. Even if he splashes water on me or throws money at me, I’ll stay firmly by your side.”

“Ji, this is not the drama you and Jongin watch.” Baekhyun groans. Jihye only chuckles quietly. “Seriously oppa. Don’t worry. I’ll get his blessing.” Jihye jokes before closing her eyes again. “Okay.” He hums quietly. Baekhyun can feel his heart beating fast. “It’s nice to be able to hold you anytime I want to, Ji.” 

“It’s hard to be so far away from you. I don’t want to feel it ever again. That’s why please don’t ever let me go.” He tightens his hold on Jihye. “What’s with the sudden confession?” she questions. Baekhyun kisses her foreheads softly. “Nothing. I just want to say it.” Baekhyun kisses her foreheads softly. “I love you so much, my princess.” 

“I love you too oppa.”

Jihye then  pulls away and looks up at him. “You should change your clothes if you’re going to stay the night.” Baekhyun's face feels hot suddenly. He doesn't plan to stay the night in her apartment. The thought of being able to hold her the whole night is really tempting. He gulps nervously. B-b-butI-I d-don’t bring a-any clothes.” Baekhyun stammers. Oh gosh, did he just stammer?  

Jihye gets up from the bed then walks to her closet. “I think Jisung oppa left his clothes here.” She mumbles more to herself. Not long, she hands him a black shirt and gray checkered pants. Baekhyun hurries to the bathroom and washes his hot face. He tries to look normal but he can’t contain his smile. Inside the bathroom, Baekhyun screams soundlessly and pumps his fist into the air. “I’m going to have a sleepover with Jihye.” 

He looks at the mirror and sees a guy with a wide smile and tomato red face. “I can hug her all night.”

LOL.

Byun Baekhyun is really struck by love, very hard.

***

Much to his disappointment, Baekhyun wakes up only to find the side of her bed being empty. He glances at the clock on her nightstand and it shows that it is only 6.30 in the morning. He checks his phone but no one seems to look for him. Baekhyun yawns. It’s still very early, where is Jihye going?

Baekhyun decides to get up. He goes to the bathroom first to freshen up before looking for Jihye. “Oh my God. I look so puffy.” Baekhyun says to himself. How can his face become this puffy overnight? He quickly brushes his teeth and washes himself then walks out to the kitchen. Jihye must be having coffee there or making something. Her favorite place in the apartment is the kitchen.

His hunch is correct. Jihye is sitting on the bar stool in the kitchen while scrolling through her social media. There’s an empty cup beside her. A small smile creeps into his face. He walks to her and hugs her from behind. Baekhyun kisses her shoulder then rests his chin on her shoulder. “Good morning, darling. You wake up early.” She greets him with a small chuckle. “Morning, my love. It’s cold without you there.” Baekhyun murmurs. 

How nice it is to start his morning everyday like this. “What do you want to have for breakfast?” She asks. Jihye puts her hands on his arms and pats his arms in a soothing manner. “Anything. I just want to stay like this for a while.” He answers. Baekhyun just wants to hold her like this all day. 

“You know what? You’ve been awfully clingy since last night B.” Jihye states. Baekhyun showers her shoulders with kisses. “I’m your clingy cheese ball. Don’t tell me you forget.” He smooches her left cheek loudly then lets her go. Jihye turns her chair so she can face him. She smiles softly. “How can I forget? You’re my one and only cheese ball.” 

Baekhyun grins widely. He should stop worrying. He has more faith in her. Jihye cups his face then starts to pamper kisses all over his face. “We should start breakfast right now.” Baekhyun says between her kisses. Jihye stops and looks at him with her enchanting gray eyes. “Should I make my famous kimchi fried rice? Yoongi’s oppa mother just sent me some kimchi yesterday.” She suggests.

“That sounds amazing.” 

***

The traffic is so bad. 

That’s one of the reasons why she doesn’t like going out at lunch time. And regrets always come late. She should’ve taken the bus instead of driving by herself. Every

Please log in to read the full chapter