Chapter 8: Seoul, 2012

Skylight
Please log in to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]8.[/CONTENTID1]

[CONTENTID2]Seoul, 2012[/CONTENTID2]

[CONTENTID3]

But to have someone understand

Your brand of sadness,

Maybe that is what soulmates are made of.

-Komal Kapoor- [/CONTENTID3]

[CONTENTID4]

Min Yoongi looks at his friend weirdly. Jihye suddenly comes to his apartment to work on her homeworks. But in the past one hour, she’s only scribbling in her notebook. She’s doodling something he assumes to be bacon. Is she hungry or something?

“Are you hungry?” Yoongi finally asks. Jihye looks up to him with a blank face and shakes her head. Yoongi narrows his small eyes in confusion. “Then why are you drawing so much bacon on your book?” he asks again.

Jihye sighs heavily. “Because I miss the bacon.” She really lost it; Yoongi concludes. Another sigh escapes her lips again. “Stupid bacon.” Jihye pursues her lips. Her phone then vibrates. Yoongi peeks at the screen to see who is calling her and sees the familiar contact name.

“Your mom is calling Ji.” He says. Her expression turns sour. Yoongi is very aware of her problem with her family. Jihye doesn’t make any signs that she’s going to pick up her phone, so Yoongi quickly answers her phone instead. Jihye looks at him in horror then tries to take her phone from his grasp but Yoongi quickly pushes her away.

“Hello eomeoni, this is Yoongi…. Yes. She is with me. Jihye is in the bathroom right now…. Yes, eomeoni. I’ll tell her.”

Yoongi ends the call and throws her phone back at her. Jihye scowls at him. “I hate you.” Jihye mutters under her breath but Yoongi hears it. He crawls closer to her and sits in front of her, knee to knee.

“She’s worried about you.”

Jihye doesn’t reply to him. “There’s no perfect family Ji. You’re the one who said that to me.” Yoongi says softly.

“I know oppa. I know.” Her voice sounds so weak and it breaks his heart. Yoongi opens his arms wide.

“Hug?” He offers her with a lazy smile. Jihye smiles weakly and shakes her head then plops herself on his bed. “Nah I’m good.” Little does she know, Yoongi feels a little disappointed at her rejection.

***

Lee Jihye never thought that playing computer games would be this fun. And if she is good enough, she can make money from it. Like right now.

“I’m going to beat you this time Lee Jihye-ssi!”

“Only in your dreams Byun Baekhyun-ssi!”

Sehun looks at the couple in front of him with a blank face. Jihye is visiting their pig pen to cook for the boys. After having their healthy lunch together, Baekhyun asks Jihye to play games with him. Sehun lets her borrow his laptop because she doesn’t bring one. And he kind of regrets it because Jihye and Baekhyun have been playing Need for Speed for two long hours while screaming at each other.

Hell, he doesn’t even know that Jihye can scream childishly like that. The Baekhyun effect is too powerful. Chanyeol and Jongdae make it even worse. They’re cheering them with the same loud voice. This dorm is chaotic and Sehun wants to choke them all.

“Woohoo! I WIN! Now pay me.” Jihye finally wins the game and looks at Baekhyun smugly. She stretches her hand to him to ask for her money. Baekhyun only groans before putting the 1.000-Won bill in her hand. “I’m so talented in this.” She says smugly. Baekhyun whines loudly.

“I hate you so muchhhh.”

Jihye raises one of her eyebrows. “Heol. I thought you like me so muchhhhhhhhh.”

Sehun really wants to throw up. He can’t imagine how disgusting they will be when they become a real couple. Turns out, he’s not the only one who is cringing at the couple's attic.

“You’re disgusting guys.” Jongdae groans and leaves the living room. Chanyeol groans too and follows Jongdae out. Sehun ruff

Please log in to read the full chapter