Right Now

Cold As You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"JOOOOYYYY", an all too familiar voice called.

 

Joy rolled her eyes. Her best friend's usually loud voice that echoed through the halls startled the poor freshmen.

 

"Can't you keep it down? What is it?" Joy almost whispered at a panting Katy.

 

"Didn't you miss me?" pouted Katy.

 

"Idiot. We just saw each other the other day Yeri, don't be dramatic", Joy shushed her while rummaging through her locker for her books.

 

"Yo", Yeri said, looking around to see if anyone heard them. "You know I don't like it if you call me by my name in school"

 

Yeri was so much more younger than Joy. Both of the girls were accelerated, since both were exceptionally brilliant. Joy by a year, and Yeri by 2 years. They were the only ones that understood each other, so they became each other's shoulder to lean on in a class of people who were much older than them.

 

"Whatever. Yeri." Joy smiled when she finally found her trigonometry book.

 

"Studying? Again? Do you ever rest Sooyoung?" Yeri frowned. "You were accelerated for a reason, you don't have to study all the time".

 

When Joy didn't respond, Yeri continued. "Tell you what, I heard there's a new kid. In our grade. Word is, she's from California. Or Canada"  Yeri scratched her head trying to remember where the new girl was from.

 

"Canada. That dreaded place" Joy snickered in her h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter