Caught Up

Cold As You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yeri sighed while Joy looked at her. The duo were heading towards the gate of their school where they would have to part ways.

 

Yeri sighed again. Suddenly Joy couldn't take it anymore.

 

"What is up with you?", Joy asked.

 

"When are you going to tell her?" Yeri replied, not minding Joy's question.

 

"Tell who what?" Joy asked.

 

"Doyeon", Yeri answered, "Unnie she doesn't deserve to get her hopes up".

 

Well, that caught Joy off guard.

 

"She's smart", Joy replied. "I don't think she'll get her hopes up anyway"

 

"But will you ever tell her why?"

 

Joy stopped dead in her tracks. So did Yeri.

 

"Will you ever tell me why?", Yeri continued.

 

"That's none of your business". It almost came out as a whisper.

 

"But why? What is it that bothered you so much that you wouldn't open up your heart to other people?" Yeri argued, now visibly shaking. "I've been your best friend for a long time now but I feel like I don't know you."

 

"That's enough"

 

"And Doyeon! Is it even right to tell her not to expect anything when you treat her like that? You expect her to convince herself that she shouldn't be excited over the little things but then she has no idea why she shouldn't be? You couldn't even tell me, your best friend why you're so caught up in the pa-"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter