Love Lies

Cold As You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Unnie is something bothering you?", Doyeon asks.

 

"No, why do you ask?", Joy replied half-heartedly.

 

"Well for one, you've been staring at your pasta the whole time", Sohye replies.

 

"Tsk", Doyeon stared daggers Sohye. "You can always talk about it unnie"

 

"I'm fine really", Joy smiles.

 

Everybody on the table turned to Joy, looking genuinely worried. To turn the mood around, Sejeong speaks up.

 

"Hey have you heard of the new senior? I heard she's a good dancer", Sejeong inquires.

 

"Well I've heard her dancing skills are nothing compared to her singing", Chaeyeon chimes in.

 

"Someone in my class says she sounds like Kim Taeyeon, if not better", Somi boasted.

 

"Oohh", everybody exclaimed.

 

All of them were clearly interested in the new student.

 

"Maybe we could get her to audition for the cheer squad", Doyeon suggested.

 

"NO", Joy said, startling the other girls with her sudden aggresiveness.

 

Everybody chuckled nervously while looking at each other and at Joy.

 

"Why not unnie?", Mina asked.

 

"Wait aren't you in the same class? What's she like?", Chungha inquired.

 

"She's...", Joy trailed off as she was reminded of a pair of warm brown eyes and a crooked warm smile.

 

"Warm", Joy finished.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter