Cover Up

Cold As You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Seungwan.

 

I knew it.

 

"Soo-", Seungwan started before she was interrupted by a panting Yeri. Yeri introduced herself and held out her hand for Seungwan to shake. She shaked Yeri's hand not breaking eye contact with Joy.

 

"Hi Katy, I'm Wendy"

 

"Wendy? That was a pretty dumb name. Wendy's as in the food chain?", Joy snickered in her head. She couldn't help but hate those warm eyes that looked like they wanted to say something to her.

 

"...my bestfriend, Joy, your classmate as well", Yeri beamed.

 

"Oh Yeri how could you be so happy about this"

 

Wendy smiled. Her warm smile. That smile.

 

"I can't do this", Joy thought to herself looking at Wendy's extended hand. It looked so welcoming, at the same time it looked like it could kill her anytime. Joy finally shook her hand.

 

Warm.

 

Really warm.

 

Joy shivered. She let go of Wendy's hand when Wendy showed no sign of letting go.

 

"I can't do this", Joy repeated to herself as she could feel herself breaking. She had to leave.

 

She can't stand seeing those warm eyes and smile, let alone holding those hands again. As if it was all nothing. As if she wasn't the reason why Joy had never loved anybody else.

 

"Hey Katy", Joy said, trying to sound strong. She felt like she could crumble right there and the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter