Written In The Stars

Cold As You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Wendy was seated awkwardly across Doyeon, who was still eyeing her shamelessly. The other girls, who have introduced themselves as Sejeong, Chungha, Somi, Sohye, Chaeyeon, Pinky, Mina, and Yeonjung, started asking questions about her enthusiastically.

 

 "Where were you from again unnie?", Pinky asks.

 

"Canada", Wendy answered, unsure. After seeing everybody's expectant reactions, she continued.  "I guess you can say I got bored there. I've spent only half of my life here in Korea but I still call it home"

 

"Is it too different from here?", Doyeon asks without even making eye contact with Wendy.

 

"Well it's bound to be different. But I've only spent a week here and I can say that it's quite similar, the schools here and the schools there" Wendy mutters while the others pay attention to her every word. "Korea has adopted some of the West's ways, that's for sure", Wendy adds.

 

"I heard you were famous in your old school unnie", Somi teases. "The other students here are really interested in you".

 

Wendy chuckled. "I don't want to admit that, but I guess I was a bit known for my...". Wendy stopped midway, seeing the other girls now looking at her eagerly, waiting for her to finish.

 

"Singing", Wendy finished, earning a gasp from Yeonjung.

 

"I guess it wouldn't hurt to tell them", Wendy thought. It's not that she's afraid of singing, she just felt that there's no point in doing it anymore.

 

"Really?", Yeonjung asks giddily. "Do you mind singing for us unnie?".

 

The girls all nodded and even Doyeon looked interested. Wendy could feel her gay panic meter rising.

 

"I...don't know"

 

"Oh come on unnie", Mina pleaded. "We'd love to hear your voice"

 

Wendy wanted to, it felt like years since she last sang. But she was afraid that she couldn't embody the emotions like she used to, since she lost the purpose of singing. Particularly the song she had in mind.

 

"If it makes you comfortable unnie, you could sing an original song of yours. I bet you would kill it", Sohye says and everybody stared daggers at her.

 

"Huh?", Wendy thought. She didn't remember yelling anyone that she wrote songs. Not even Yeri or Seulgi.

 

"Oops", Sohye muttered regretfully. "I-I was too excited". What came next was an awkward pause as Wendy tried to internalize what just happened. 

 

"Like we said, everybody's interested in you. Word travels fast, heck, maybe everybody in the school knows about your talents. We're sorry if we suddenly made this uncomfortable for you unnie.", Sejeong apologized while looking down. 

 

"It's okay if you don't do it anyway unnie", Chungha added. "We understand if you don't want to"

 

"No, no, it's fine. What's the point of hiding it, you already know anyway", Wendy assured them. The girls looked at each other, unsure.

 

Wendy cleared . "You don't mind if it's short right? I haven't finished this writing this one" 

 

Everybody nodded slowly as Wendy took a deep breath.

 

 "You

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter