Episode 3

Dreams Come True: Speed Dating

Episode Three: Speed Date : Dreams Come True

" Oppa..... please pass me a towel.......

" Ok Kristin, Im coming..... "

Suddenly, Wuju slipped on a wet spot near the shower door....

" Woah woah woah..... ".... and pushes the bathroom door open.

" Oppa.... WHAT IN THE WORLD ARE YOU DOING... " exclaims Kristin as she picks up the towel to cover her exposed body...

" SOR... SORRY KRISTIN..."

Realising the big boo boo, Wuju left home for a while and took a walk around his neighbourhood....

Just a few doors away, he saw a small truck unloading furniture outside the gate...

"Hmm.... must be a new neighbour... let me take a peek nearer.."

"Hi.... u must be staying nearby....." says a voice on his right shoulder..

A young lady appears.... probably about mid 20s, 1.6m tall. Her looks definitely doesnt look Korean though...

"Hi.... im Oh Seonyi.... that's my Korean name btw. Im actually from China.. but working in Seoul for 2 years.... and you...." as she hands out her hand for a shake.

"Hi Im Wuju... and im a variety show writer... nice to meet you"

"Really? It must be an interesting job!! I grew up watching Korean TV shows and am very interested about it... You have contacts for me to become a singer??" says Seonyi with her wide eyes staring straight into Wuju's eyes.

"Actually no... we pull long hours but meeting celebrities is one of the perks..."

"I find you interesting though... why dun u come over later for some drinks... no worries, I've yet to have a room mate... we can hang out at the front porch and have talks over drinks" says a wide eyed Seonyi....

"That would be great, Seonyi.... see you later tonight...."

Wuju left Seonyi's home and head home again... while reaching the house gate, he sighed. What if Kristin is still in there?

Upon opening the front door, he was stunned to see Kristin at the door...

"Oh God, u made me stunned..."

"Oppa, why are you shocked? Im going to the minimart to buy some drinks. I will be bunking here tonight..... want some chewing gum??"

"No thanks Kristin...." replied Wuju as he entered the house.

At night, Wuju remembers the promise he gave to Seonyi. He headed to the house three doors away. Seonyi greets with glee..

"Welcome my new neighbour.... thanks for being my first guest. Sorry, but its a bit messy in the living room. Lets sit by the front porch. I'll get you some drinks. Soju??"

"That'll be good..." replies Wuju.

A few mins later... Seonyi joins in with four bottles of soju and a packet of spicy laver for snacks...

"I am a big fan of laver. Esp spicy ones. I only have these at home now for food."

"So Seonyi, tell me what do you do??"

"Me. Im actually a cook. But not a very good cook. Two years and im still a junior chef in a Chinese restaurant" replied Seonyi as she pours a small cup of Soju and hands it to Wuju.

"Ah really... maybe if we became closer, I could taste your gourmet...." Wuju smiles as he leaned closer for a toast..... "For my new friend and neighbour, Oh Seonyi.... may our friendship last...."

As Seonyi gulps her soju down, Wuju cant help thinking that Seonyi isnt a bad looker either. With double eyelids, pale beige skin, reddish brown shoulder length hair... and of cuz a slender figure that might mistook anyone for a model...

As night passed by, Wuju started to feel his head getting heavier as they past the third bottle.

Wuju saw Seonyi starting to slur her words...

"You know Wuju... I think you are a fantastic guy... hahahaha... You are sooo good looking.... Dun u have a girlfriend or smth... hahahaha... dun mind my weird laughter.

Wuju heard the weird, but surprisingly addictive laughter...." Is she hinting me for romance? Does she like me??" as voices echoed in Wuju's mind...

Before Wuju could reply.... his vision became blurry. The world suddenly became dark..... And......

When Wuju woke up, the sky was already bright. Wuju found himself in the same reclining seat as the night before... And felt something was weighing down on his chest and right arm. When he looked down towards the figure, he was stunned....

It was Seonyi sleeping, and embracing Wuju as she wriggles and wipes her face onto Wuju's shirt. Seonyi looks up and met with Wuju's eyes.............