Episode 19

Dreams Come True: Speed Dating

Episode Nineteen: Speed Date : Dreams Come True.

"Seo Wuju, I am in love with you. I thought initially that me being apart from you would make me forget the moments with you. But I began to miss you. Your touch, your warmth, your smiles... I am really mad about you" Seonyi said as she let go of her frust and infatuations on Wuju.

Seonyi then leans towards Wuju for one long kiss... The kiss suddenly became mad as he felt her tongue going for his. The kiss becomes more passionate, as Seonyi begins to open Wuju's buttons. In a panic, Wuju pushed Seonyi away.

"Seonyi.... I..... I am afraid that I can't accept your feelings now... I am not ready for you," Wuju said with exasperation.

"But why Wuju. Why you keep coming to my life often. Am I not good enough for you?" Seonyi says as desperation crept up into her head.

"Seonyi, I thank you for loving me. But now, Im actually seeing you as my close friend. Someone who I want to share my good times with. But romantically, I didnt think about you like that," Wuju replied as he puts both his hands on Seonyi's shoulders.

Seonyi pushed Wuju's arms aside as she suddenly started to wept. Wuju was at loss on how to comfort her.

" Wuju, get out. I want some time alone" Seonyi said as she wept towards her bedroom.

Wuju went to his bedroom, but unable to sleep. Deep thoughts running through his mind.

First its about Seonyi's confession. Wuju only feels her like a friend, although her one month disappearance made him miss her a lot, but more as a friend than romantically. However Seonyi's kiss makes him feel that he is special to Seonyi. Wuju does not want to lose a friend because of a one-sided infatuation.

Then there is Jiyeon. Since his confession to Jiyeon, she hasn't been replying regularly. Besides, Jiyeon has yet to give a straight answer to him whether she was open to dating him. Jiyeon seems more interested in her work, then exchanging sweet nothings with him. Which means, Wuju is still kinda, a single guy.

Wuju met up with Director Bae the next day to discuss on the upcoming movie they are working together. Director Bae cant help looking at Wuju looking a bit restless, and haggard.

"Writer Seo. I felt something is bothering you a lot. Care to share?" Director Bae said with a sense of concern.

"Nothing much, sir. Just some thoughts running through my mind" Wuju replied.

"Women problems? I got it quite often during my younger days. As a director, I ought to question your professionalism, however, here is a piece of advice. Women issues can never be solved, unless you have a clear heart and go for what you wanted." Director Bae replied as he smiled at Wuju." Tea perhaps? I dun drink alcohol" Director Bae replied as he offered a cup of tea to Wuju.

Wuju walks alone in the night on the way home, while thinking about Director Bae's advice. However, he saw a familiar female figure ahead of him, walking towards him in the opposite direction.

"Hi Wuju, on your way home?" It was Seonyi who was approaching him.

"Yeah kinda... yourself?" Wuju replied as he asked Seonyi on her intentions.

"Wanna take a walk together?" suggested Seonyi.

Both Seonyi and Wuju walked hand in hand. Wuju felt the awkwardness for the first time since Seonyi's confession.

"Wuju, Im leaving Korea soon. I just left my job as a cook. The truth is, its been my dream to open my own eatery. I will be setting up my small eatery in Beijing soon." Seonyi said

"I will be missing you soon. As a friend, and also as someone whom I loved, but I know you may not return me back the affection."

"When will you be leaving??" Wuju asked as he felt his heart feeling heavier as he begins to lose a friend soon.

"The day after tomorrow" Seonyi said "Wuju, as one of my last request to you, can you help me with something?"

"What would you want?" Wuju replied.

"Embrace and hold me for a moment. I think I'll miss you soon"

Wuju wrapped his arms around Seonyi. Seonyi puts her face into Wuju's shoulder. Wuju can feel the warmth of Seonyi's breath and probably her tears on his chest.

Wuju felt his phone vibrating. Probably an SMS. Wuju slowly took out his phone while comforting Seonyi.

It was a message from Jiyeon.

"Wuju, can I meet you tomorrow? I would want to meet you over dinner. Important stuff. 6pm, the regular Chinese restaurant near Express Bus Terminal."

Continued on Ep. 20