Episode 20

Dreams Come True: Speed Dating

Episode Twenty: Speed Date : Dreams Come True.

Wuju met Jiyeon the next day for dinner. He was wondering what Jiyeon wanted to say to him that was so important.

Wuju approached the table as Jiyeon waved over to him. He comes by.

"Hey, Wuju... Its been awhile, since we met..." Jiyeon said as she pours Wuju a cup of cold water.

Wuju sat down as he took a look at his Jiyeon, whom he havent met for weeks. "You look tired. What happened all these weeks?"

"Wuju, I think I gotta explain some stuff to you. I remembered what you said the last time we met. And I think I have met my decision. Which is why I havent been contacting you just to be sure-" Jiyeon explained.

"Which is?" Wuju interrupted.

"Wuju, I know your intentions, but I think I gotta stay off any relationships for now. I wanna chase my dreams. In fact I will be working in Singapore from tomorrow onwards. I am sorry Wuju, but I think you are better with someone else."

Wuju felt heartbroken from that time onwards. All the love and emotions he had poured towards Jiyeon will be gone to waste." Wait, does this means you never felt anything for me all this while. Even the kisses we shared? "Wuju said as tears starting to form in his eyes.

"Actually I felt it, but I decided not to follow my heart" Jiyeon replied.

Wuju left Jiyeon, feeling frustrated. He decided to binge himself with alcohol, hoping the memories with Jiyeon will fade as fast as possible. But he tried thinking on the bright side.

At least he knows how Kristin and Seonyi felt when he rejected their advances.

Wuju suddenly thought about how Seonyi innocently expressed her love for him. At least someone is there to appreciate him. All these while Wuju had poured his emotions fully on Jiyeon, while he did not realised Seonyi was carrying the torch for him.

"But what if I am unable to love her. Besides, I don't wanna hurt her by not loving her much" Wuju thought on his mind. But then he began to appreciate Seonyi's existence. Doing the small things she did for a friend, whom she loved so much. The place where Wuju used to pour his emotions, when Seonyi asked for the final time to console her as she was feeling heartbroken when Wuju rejected her love.....

Wuju woke up with a sweat. It was 11pm. All these while in his sleep he was thinking about Seonyi. The friend whom he might never see again. Wuju decided to jump out and chase for Seonyi and hope he can change her mind and stay. And maybe Wuju's last chance of finding love and happiness.

Wuju grabbed a taxi and ordered the driver to cruise to the airport, hoping he could see Seonyi again...

Wuju arrived at the airport. He decided to look at the departures board that says 0025 Beijing "LAST CALL". Wuju ran to the gate and looked hard for Seonyi but to no avail. The flight had departed without any signs of seeing Seonyi again. Wuju was devastated and knelt down while tears fell from his eyes.......

Fast forward a year later, Wuju was sitting down beside Director Bae Doongbeok at the movie scene. It was a nice scenery in Beijing, as the actors prepared to shoot one last scene for a movie that Wuju had writted and collaborated with his idol director.

"CUT. AND THATS A WRAP!!" Director Bae shouted.

Crew members starting to cheer as Director Bae turned to Wuju to give a hug in his co worker.

"Nice work, Writer Seo. Now finally your first work as a movie screenwriter. Congrats, and hope to work with you in another movie." Director Bae said as he shook Wuju's hands.

Wuju took out his phone and saw a message from Jiyeon.

"How's your shoot. Hope the final scene turns out well. By the way, I am doing well in Singapore. Having my shooting now. Thank you for the food stuff you sent to me. From your good friend, Jiyeon"

Wuju chuckled as he left the set. It was about 10pm shown on his watch.

Wuju felt hungry as he hasn't eaten since breakfast. He saw an eatery nearby that was near empty, and rushed towards a restaurant that sells fushion Chinese and Korean food.

Wuju decide to place an order. He asked the waiter if he could ordered Kimchi Jiggae with tuna inside the stew. The waiter called upon the cook at the back. And the waiter agreed to Wuju's special request.

Since Wuju was in Beijing, he was looking on his phone and stared hard at Seonyi's name on the address book. He wondering how Seonyi has been doing for the past year. Is Seonyi doing well in her eatery. Is Seonyi in good health? His mind had been thinking of her dearly thay he missed her existence.

"Here is your Kimchi Jiggae, Mr Seo Wuju..." the voice called him.

Wuju was stunned with the female voice calling out his name. He looked up from the hands in front of him that seemd so familiar. The fair skin that he used to touch when he need to seek solace. And the big eyes. And her smile... The lips that he once accidentally touched with his...

"Seonyi... how you know...?" Wuju stuttured as the girl whom he missed was right in front of him.

"Well, this is my restaurant. And I knew rightfully who will ask to put kimchi jiggae with tuna" Seonyi replied.

"Seonyi... I just want to say, I truly missed you alot. I kept thinking of you for the past year. Losing you was one mistake that I ever did. I just don't wanna let you off my sight again..." Wuju said as he stood up to look at Seonyi directly in her eyes...

" Wuju, I felt the same too. Many times I wanted ti give uo this place and return to Korea. But I had obligations. Now that you are here, I felt my heart has been healed"

"So Mr Seo, would you like to have drinks with beef for now??" Seonyi asked as she smiled towards Wuju.

Wuju embraced Seonyi into his arms as he felt his heart felt calm and answered for now at least.....