Episode 13

Dreams Come True: Speed Dating

Episode Thirteen: Speed Date : Dreams Come True.

Jiyeon drops Wuju by his home. As Wuju leaves, Jiyeon rolled down her side mirrors...

"Thanks for listening me out. Hope after I left Flying Man, we can still work together and hang out...."

Wuju stared far as Jiyeon's car sped off towards the horizon. He felt relieved, at the same time apologetic at how he had misunderstood Jiyeon all these years.

As he walked home, he walked towards Seonyi's home. Still empty, Wuju thought, looking at the untouched tables and chairs still in the same arrangement for the past five days.

As he headed to his house, Wuju saw another car in front of his gate. He saw Kristin and an elderly lady, who might be her mom carrying a luggage into the bonnet. Yujin and Kristin embraced each other... Wuju then moved closer to them.

"So you're going kid?? Where to??" Wuju said as he approached Kristin and his sister.

"Thibking of starting a new life. I'll be moving to Australia with my mom. Thanks for putting me up, Oppa. Hope to see you and Yujin soon!!" Kristin said as he came over to Wuju for a hug.

As Kristin left, she didnt tried to look back. But insteae she tried to hold her tears thinking of her unreciprocrated love...

Wuju decides to cook dinner himself, as Yujin left for her dorm for the night. As he was preparing his dish, the front door opens loudly.

Luda came running into the kitchen. "If someone knocks the door to come looking for me, tell me I'm not in!!" exclaims Luda as she ran into the toilet to hide.

Wuju came out and saw a man, quite elderly, in his 50s in front of his gate. Wuju went out and greet him at the gate.

"Yes sir, you looking for?"

"Im looking for a young lady, shoulder length, brownish hair, skinny and petite.... i saw here running towards here, but I lost her..." exclaims the unknown man.

Wuju thought about Luda's words and told the man. "Hmm, didnt see any lady here... most probably she has already gone.."

The man then left. Wuju headed back to his house and knocked on the toilet door... "The old man's gone... you can come out now.."

"Before you head to anywhere, maybe you able to explain this man's appearance and why you hide away from him??" said Wuju as he felt Luda was hiding some secrets from him.

"Well, why should I be telling you?? Its none of your business??" Luda retorts at Wuju for being insensitive.

"Then why are you here then? Why should you make this my problem" Wuju snaps at Luda.

Luda stared hard at Wuju and storms off the house...

"Come here you.... you ... you've been hanging out with him!!!," The elderly figure swings a slap across Luda's face as she tries to avoid the swinging hands...

"I told you to stayed home!!! No more hanging out. I going to tell Madam Oh to lock you inside the room. No more nonsense from you" the man pushed Luda onto the bed and tried to tie her legs on the bed.

For years Luda thought she struck gold. A rich husband, a chaebol, a big home. However she didnt asked for a pair of hands that would hurt her physically, emotionally. The hands of her husband. A huge jealous one.

Luda had enough of this extravagant lifestyle. Yes, it bought her fame, money, prestige. But she would sacrifice it all, just to avoid an abusive partner.

Wuju kept thinking about Jiyeon on the previous night. He felt a sense of huge guilt for treating her like thrash for the last 14 years.

"Jiyeon, you free?" Wuju typed out a message on Kakaotalk.

"Sure, why not?" Jiyeon replied as she grinned towards the phone screen.

"Why don't you wear smth nice? Make it a date."
Wuju replied as he tries to remember the last time he saw his high school sweetheart/old friend/boss last being elegant...

Continue to Ep. 14