Pt. 4

In Trouble
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Once Chanyeol was showered and in a clean pair of clothes, he made his way out the bathroom. "You hungry?"

Chanyeol's father didn't answer, his eyes were still focused on the television.

"Dad, I'm sorry, I needed the money to help you." He crouched down in front of his father.

"I don't want your dirty money!" His father pushed him back. "You hurt so many people just for someone who is already dying." He shook his head.

"Don't say that!" Chanyeol stood up, he hated whenever his dad would mention his illness, it always burned at his fresh wounds.

He shook his head with a sigh, "I'm going out." He made his way to one of the duffel bags, taking out a chunk of cash.

His father just shook his head at the money in Chanyeol's hand. "I'm disappointed."

Chanyeol didn't reply, he continued out the door.

...

Chanyeol put on the sunglasses in his pocket, not sure if it was much of a disguise, not sure if he was the safest outside right now.

His eyes cautiously looked around with each step, there was more police cars passing by, people were serious about this.

Junmyeon would be on his case too.

Chanyeol let out a sigh at that thought, why did he think it was an okay idea to run off with the money?

Deep down, he had a feeling this was another set up with Junmyeon but another part of himself persisted that it wasn't, and he ruined everything for himself.

He stopped in his tracks as his eyes hovered inside the familiar café, feeling the worry slowly stop for a while once his eyes fell over the familiar waiter wiping down the tables.

Chanyeol soon stepped inside.

"I'm sorry but we're-" Baekhyun's voiced slowly died down once he turned around, "Chanyeol." The smaller smiled.

"Hey." Chanyeol replied.

"We're closing up soon." Baekhyun said, Chanyeol watched the smile slowly die from his face.

"That's okay." Chanyeol replied.

"You're staying?" Baekhyun looked confused, not sure if Chanyeol knew what closing up meant.

"I came for you, actually."

Baekhyun felt his heart rise at that, "Oh, okay." He smiled. "Well, I'm almost finished."

"Baekhyun! Did I say to stop with wiping those tables?!"

"Sorry!" Baekhyun called back to the kitchen, noticing his boss watching the two converse. "My boss." He rolled his eyes.

"It's alright." Chanyeol looked outside the window to the streets, just in case his boss was there too, but there was no sign of Junmyeon, Chanyeol would normally feel relieved but this made him worry.

Baekhyun quickened his pace at wiping down the tables, "I'm gonna get my jacket and we can go." The smaller smiled, walking into the back.

Chanyeol let out a sigh as he watched the small male disappear into the back, he noticed his eyes peering to the front of the shop once again out of worry.

"Hey, everything okay?"

Chanyeol turned back around at Baekhyun in his jacket, "Yeah, everything's fine."

But it wasn't.

He had to go somewhere that Junmyeon wouldn't expect him to go, somewhere Chanyeol's never been either.

His mind began to trail, until he remembered what Baekhyun suggested a couple days ago, "So, about that meal."

"You're taking me out?" Baekhyun questioned with a smile, trying to hide his excitement deep down.

"Possibly." Chanyeol's eyes scanned around, soon falling on a fancy restaurant he's never been in before or even thought about going in before because he didn't ha

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter