Pt. 24

In Trouble
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chanyeol eyes slowly opened, he wasn't in the ambulance anymore, he was in a hospital room.

It was quiet, the complete opposite of what he remembered from last night, it was a blur of sirens, shouting, the crackle of fire and cold breeze from the night.

Now it was a white room, white bedsheets and the faint beeping of machines.

He looked down at his wrist, the familiar silver handcuffs restraining him from running. His eyes trailed up, meeting a familiar figure on the bed across from him.

"Baekhyun." Chanyeol called out, hoping he'd wake up but he remained still and silent.

Chanyeol was about to try again until a voice interrupted, "Let him rest."

The taller's head turned, his eyes falling on a male dressed in a suit, he looked about Baekhyun's height but shorter, his sleek cat eyes standing out the most to Chanyeol.

"You're hard to track, Park Chanyeol," The male slowly began, "I could tell you knew what you were doing."

Chanyeol blinked, he didn't know what to say or how to reply, his eyes trailed to the ID indicating he was some sort of authority, Kim Minseok.

"Why were you always running?"

Chanyeol looked away, his eyes landing on Baekhyun, he took a deep breath as he thought for a suitable answer.

"Him."

Minseok's head turned to Baekhyun for a split second to return to Chanyeol.

"I didn't want him to get hurt."

"What about the money?" Minseok rose a brow.

Chanyeol's eyes slowly trailed to the small male stood in front of him, why did everyone assume he was a money driven criminal? Yet, at the end of the day, he was that.

"I don't care about it now, god, I don't need it now."

Minseok's eyes narrowed, "What do you mean need?"

Chanyeol took a deep sigh, closing his eyes as his mind trailed back to the bitter thought of his father. It still hurt so much.

"My dad was dying." Chanyeol kept his eyes closed, not looking at Minseok or Baekhyun; or anything. He didn't want to because his dad was still a fresh topic, he never talked about it with Baekhyun and it got bottled up and pushed to the side due to constant worries on the road.

"I couldn't afford the treatment, I needed money quick and you know the rest." Chanyeol let out a deep breath, finally opening his eyes, Minseok looking at him.

Chanyeol couldn't pin point the strange flicker in the male's eyes.

"I don't know the rest." Minseok let out a deep breath, taking the spare chair in the room and placing it at the foot of Chanyeol's bed, soon taking a seat.

"And that rest of your story can determine how long you'll be serving."

Chanyeol tried to hide the spark of shock that shifted throughout his eyes.

Prison.

He was caught now and he knew for a fact that's where he was heading.

His eyes slowly flickered to Baekhyun, he could still help him, still stop where he was headed after this because the handcuff still attached to the smaller's limp wrist indicated that he had the same fate as Chanyeol.

"Okay," Chanyeol said with a deep breath, his head turning back to Minseok, "I'll tell you everything."

And that's what

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter