Pt. 7

In Trouble
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Baekhyun looked at the taller with concern as they continued their drive, his heart ached for him especially how he just got the horrible news a few hours ago, this was serious, people were getting hurt, Baekhyun just prayed it wouldn't be them next.

"You're staring again." Chanyeol spoke up.

Baekhyun sighed deeply, "I'm sorry."

"Sorry won't change anything." Chanyeol glanced at the smaller, "It's my fault."

Baekhyun furrowed his brows at that, he hated how Chanyeol blames himself, "Chanyeol, no it's not, don't you dare say it is."

"I left him!" Chanyeol clenched his grip around the steering wheel, the anger directed at himself stirring inside him once more, "I left him and they killed him."

"You didn't know it was going to happen." Baekhyun frowned, he didn't know what to say to change the taller's mind.

"I did, Baekhyun." Chanyeol almost laughed, "God, it's Sehun we're talking about, he would've killed him. I should of came straight back for him."

Baekhyun didn't answer, he didn't know who these people were, didn't know what they'd do but Chanyeol did. And it seemed to be eating him up inside that he knew.

"You hungry?" Chanyeol's eyes fell on the diner up ahead.

"Yeah, a bit." Baekhyun replied his eyes focusing on where Chanyeol was looking.

Chanyeol turned the car inside, soon stopping one they were in the parking lot.

Baekhyun's eyes fell on the gun still tucked in Chanyeol's jeans, "I don't think you'll be needing that." He felt a little wary of it, only just last night when he fired it at the dangerous stranger.

Chanyeol also looked down, tossing it into the back, he pulled out his roll of money, taking a couple notes out of it. "Let's go."

Baekhyun followed the taller inside, soon sitting down in a red booth across from him. It was stereotypical 50's themed diner, it wasn't too busy which Baekhyun was thankful for, hoping they'd get some peace.

The taller let out a deep sigh as he handed Baekhyun the menu, "Order whatever you want, since you know, money's not exactly tight."

Baekhyun just nodded, not feeling like a heavy breakfast anyway, his eyes scanned for whatever was cheapest on the menu, it was a habit because of his minimum wage job.

His eyes snapped up to the television, the news on the heist a couple days ago once again playing, he brought his eyes back to Chanyeol, looking at him pitifully once again.

Chanyeol looked up from his menu at the familiar stare from Baekhyun, he was about to say something when his eyes made their way back to the television at the mention of his name, not used to the public knowing about him just yet.

He looked at the familiar static image of him in the Red Corsa, he felt somewhat safe since that was the only photo they were using of him an he was no longer using the red vehicle anymore. His eyes soon looked away when the reporter began to talk about his father once again.

Baekhyun reached out for the taller's hand, brushing his thumb reassuringly. "What can I get for you t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter