Pt. 26

In Trouble
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Baekhyun never thought for one second he'd have to return to his normal life after everything with Chanyeol.

He was convinced it would all work out, that he'd get away from his waiter life and be free to do what he wanted, no job, no need to be anywhere other than relaxing with Chanyeol.

"You okay?" Luhan asked as he drove the car, Baekhyun was dispatched from the hospital today, the doctor had prescribed numerous medications to help him stay calm and sleep at night.

Baekhyun nodded, "I'm fine." He continued to look out the window, the buildings from the streets just reminding of a certain tall male. This whole place reminded him of him.

He looked away at the block of apartments, the one where he shared the night with Chanyeol at, the night where it all happened.

Soon, Luhan was pulling into their shared apartment, it wasn't far from Chanyeol's just a few streets away. Baekhyun wished he knew him in a better time and circumstance.

"Home sweet home." Luhan announces into the awkward atmosphere, once they entered their shared apartment. After visiting the hospital he wondered where Baekhyun had stayed for all those weeks away.

The two were normally talkative to one another, but silence always came form Baekhyun and it worried Luhan.

He sighed as he watched Baekhyun scurry to the television, turning it on and zooming through the channels until he reached the news.

Baekhyun chewed the inside of his mouth as he stared at the news, nobody would tell him anything, the doctors, reporters, not even Luhan and he felt they were all keeping something away from. But he didn't know if he was just being paranoid.

"Are you hungry?" Luhan piped up as he went in the kitchen, turning back to look at the male still engrossed with the television.

Baekhyun didn't reply, he didn't want to get distracted from the newscaster, it was typical news about the town, followed by the weather forecast.

"Come on." Baekhyun mumbled, why weren't they talking about Chanyeol? Who was on the news for most of their time together.

He watched carefully as the screen transitioned, the photo of an all too familiar male coming on screen.

"The wanted Park Chanyeol was arrested early Wednesday morning, the whereabouts of his prison will remain unknown due to legal reasons."

Baekhyun's lips fell into a frown, how was he supposed to see Chanyeol if he didn't know where the hell he was right now?

"The suspect suffered from a gunshot wound, several others on scene were killed but the presumable hostage survived."

Chanyeol was hurt. He got shot.

Baekhyun didn't know that, he turned the television off, sitting for a while to let the knew information subside.

"Are you okay?" Luhan asked, it was all he asked Baekhyun now, but he always got the same response.

"I'm fine," Baekhyun replied bluntly, "I said I was fine earlier so I'm still fine now."

Luhan let out a deep breath "Okay, I was thinking we could just get take-out tonight." Luhan suggested, his eyes glued on the male sat on the couch staring at his hands.

"Whatever's fine." Baekhyun replied, finally turning his head to acknowledge Luhan.

"Do you wanna come with me?" Luhan asked, a part of himself not wanting to leave Baekhyun alone.

"No, I'll be okay here." Baekhyun forced a smile, he just wanted to be alone right now. He knew Luhan didn't mean it but every second of the day in the hospital and right now, he could feel him hovering around as if he would break apart any moment now.

Luhan nodded slowly, "I'll be back in a flash." He smiled, soon disappearing out the front door, leaving Baekhyun on his own.

Baekhyun let out a deep sigh and closed his eyes, running his hands through

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter