Pt. 20

In Trouble
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chanyeol pulled over the car, sitting in silence with his thoughts.

His eyes fell on the time, cursing at himself because it's been an hour so far, an hour of driving aimlessly.

He wished he didn't kill Kyungsoo, for the first time he wished one of his crew members were alive; if they were he'd have more of a chance of finding Baekhyun.

His eyes glanced over the duffel bags, a now familiar feeling of guilt passing through.

For the first time, he didn't care about money, he didn't want it desperately anymore. He just wanted Baekhyun, he had to know if he okay, he had to make sure he was safe.

He turned his head to the quiet road, the streets were dead at this time of night. He would've of enjoyed, like how he did when Baekhyun was here but he couldn't. He couldn't calm his racing head.

Baekhyun.

Where? Where was he?

The only person that could've of given him that information was Kyungsoo, but he killed him, his rambles filled with useless information irritating him more than anything.

But it also left an uneasy feeling in his stomach. Kyungsoo was the quiet type, never talked and if he did it wasn't nonsense like before.

"Meeting place." Chanyeol mumbled one of Kyungsoo's words as he rubbed his tense temples.

It couldn't of been at the mechanics, it was too far, if they wanted the money they would've of wanted it soon. Chanyeol knew they weren't people to wait, certainly not when it came with finances.

His mind was blank, nothing came to his senses at he recalled what Kyungsoo said, Baekhyun had to be somewhere in Seoul, somewhere near at least.

He remembered back to Kyungsoo's rambles about the beginning of Junmyeon's business but, why? Why was that necessary to the topic at hand.

His first job was hard to remember, it was hidden in the sea of regret of the other jobs he did, hidden within the pain he caused all those people and also himself.

It was small, Kyungsoo was correct.

It was just Jongin and him while Kyungsoo waited in the car, Chanyeol remembered how happy he was with having money, with being able to show his father he was capable of taking care of him.

It was some gas station they robbed, surprisingly a lot was in the till and they got away, celebrating it at some abandoned house just outside Seoul.

Chanyeol froze, his eyes widening slightly as something clicked, the mumbled mess Kyungsoo told him now making sense.

Baekhyun was at the old meeting place.

He had to be.

Why would Kyungsoo bring it up?

Chanyeol started the car, rolling onto the dimly lit city roads, taking the nearest route to outside Seoul, to where Baekhyun could possibly be.

His mind felt like a panicked mess, the alcohol still in his system causing him to feel more jittery and uncomfortable with the constant thoughts about Baekhyun, the resting knowledge that Baekhyun was hurting right now, being punished for mistakes he didn't make. 

Or was Kyungsoo leading him away?

Chanyeol shook his head at tha

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter