Pt. 23

In Trouble
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chanyeol was now leaning on Jongin's black car, the pain from standing alone was becoming unbearable and he was feeling slightly lightheaded.

But that was the least of his priorities, all he was focused on was Baekhyun.

His eyes scanned over the burning house for nth time, it hadn't been that long, right?

Chanyeol expected Jongin to come walking out with Baekhyun but his heart dropped to his stomach when he saw Jongin leaving the cloud of smoke; Baekhyun nowhere to be seen.

"Baekhyun—" Chanyeol began, trying to stand away from the car he was leaning on but he didn't trust his legs to hold him up anymore.

"He's not there," Jongin replied. It was almost impossible to make anything out inside the burning building, it was just smoke and fire.

"He is, he was in a chair, I know where he is, I'll go," Chanyeol mumbled, letting go of the car to soldier on to the house but Jongin held him back and he couldn't muster up the strength to push him away like before.

"The chair was empty."

Chanyeol furrowed the brows, how? Baekhyun was unconscious the last time he saw him, but he could've woke up.

"He could've got out, Chanyeol," Jongin reassured, "But, you're here right now and I need to phone for help."

"Don't you dare," Chanyeol spat, the last thing he wanted was for Jongin to phone for an ambulance because that also informed the police and Chanyeol knew exactly what was going to happen, "Don't."

"I'm sorry, Chanyeol." Jongin said, shoving the taller out of the way as he climbed into his car, locking the doors to prevent Chanyeol from coming inside. He fished for his phone laying on the seat and immediately dialled for an ambulance.

Chanyeol's back hit the muddy grass, the disbelief of Jongin doing this to him overpowering the pain in his abdomen, he forced himself back on his feet, letting out a few winces.

"911, what's your emergency?"

"Hi, I need an ambulance, a male has been shot and there's a fire." Jongin said the details, his eyes glued on Chanyeol's through the glass.

Chanyeol stumbled forward, rattling the handle of the car door, but it was locked. He tapped the glass, "Jongin, open the ing door."

Jongin continued to stare as he talked on the phone, his words muted through the glass.

"Jongin, open the door right now, you bastard!" Chanyeol roared, pounding at the glass, kicking the door as he continued to yell; more from the pain than the frustration of someone he trusted doing this, someone he thought he knew.

Jongin flinched with each pound, surprised the glass hadn't broke due to Chanyeol's powerful punches, he watched the taller male's moves become sluggish, worry soon building up in his gut.

Chanyeol wanted to continue prying at the door, but it felt as if the world was falling apart at his feet, the feeling o

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter