023.

markjin || dynasty.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Jinyoung kept wondering why Mark would visit a hospital he no longer works out. After all he was not wearing any uniform and didn’t seem like he was visiting JB or Jackson. He did had a folder in his hand which could mean a patient’s file and he was there to pick it up. At first he did think that until Jihyo showed up. Confirming it wasn’t indeed a friendly visit nor was that a patient’s file because those are supposed to be confidential. Meaning Jihyo would not be allowed to look into it.

That could only mean that the file belonged to either Jihyo. Is she hiding something only Mark knows?. The male’s eyed widened. She’s not pregnant, is she?. But if it’s not hers then it’s Mark. For what?.

Jinyoung stopped in his tracks and glared at the figure standing about 5 steps away from him. “What are you doing here?”.

“Easter hunting for next year. Why else can someone be at a hospital?”. The raven tilted his head to the side. Is he sick?. Pff why should that bother me. “Whatever”. Just as Jinyoung his heel to walk away did Mark decided to blurt it out. “I have a brain tumor”.

Jinyoung didn't just stop in his tracks. The better way to describe it would be frozen on the spot. "I'm under treatment for it but if it doesn't work I won't have much longer". The raven whipped his head around, eyes widen in size. "I don't believe you".

"It's up to you whether or not you want to believe me. The others have been nagging at me that you have the right to know. Even though you won't care". His whispered tone failed him to mask the effect that one sentence has if it really is true."But Jihyo does. So do me a favor, a last one and I won't bother you anymore. Don't try to keep her away from me. She's having a hard time coming to terms with it and I like having her around. Gives me a sense of comfort". The male dragged his feet in the direction of jinyoung, stopping right next to him. "Also makes me feel like you're there". And with that the raven watched the retreating form of his former partner.

'He's messing with your head, Jinyoung. Just days ago he did something unforgivable and now he's trying to make up for it by lying. No. No. No!. He's fine. Nothing's wrong with him' .

So much for "hating" him. Just thinking about whether or not it may be true was twisting something painfully in him. If he's lying that's a very low blow. But...what if he's not?.

“Jinyoung!”. The loud voice of Suzy pulled the male out of the little debate that was going on in his mind, only to met with a fuming brunette. “I’m right here. Why the hell are you screaming?”. He couldn’t ignore his own annoyed tone because to be honest, sometimes her voice had him wishing he couldn’t hear a thing. “I wouldn’t have to if you were paying attention to me”.

“Not everything or every minute of my day is about you, Suzy”. Said woman only scoffed at his responds. “You don’t even pay any attention to me at all. I keep talking to you but it’s like you become deaf and don’t hear me at all”.

“If only that was a thing. I wouldn’t have to deal with your nagging right now. And we’re not even married yet. Save it until we are, will you”. Suzy’s mouth fell open, feeling offended like never before even. “How dare yo...how dare you?!”. Jinyoung kept stuffing his face with more ramen while checking his emails as he left Suzy to fuss by herself next to him. “Why are you even acting this way towards me all of a sudden?. No
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter