001.

markjin || dynasty.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Good Afternoon”. The dark haired male greeted the four people in the living room and bowing politely to them. “You called for me?”. He then turned his attention to one of the females in the room, a middle aged woman who looked nothing like her age, neatly dressed, hair tied up in a bun with just the right amount of make-up and jewelry adorning her.

“Yes. You remember Suzy, don’t you?”. Jinyoung followed the direction in which his mother was pointing to and offered the beautiful girl sitting next to her mother a warm smile. “I do. It’s been a long time”. Suzy is basically the daughter to one of his mother’s closest friends. Which meant he knew her at a young age. Despite both of them studying business, they chose different schools even though Jinyoung’s is Business Administration while Suzy went for International Business Law, they never had any sort of contact. Unless the girl would accompany her parents to a party/get together thrown by his parents.

“It has. I couldn’t join my parents the last time because I was preparing for my finals”. The male gave an understanding look before turning his attention towards his mother once again. “Mother?. Is there something you needed me for?”.

“We just thought you and Suzy should catch up. And she could also use some advice from you since she’s thinking about joining my brother’s company”. But I have somewhere to be. Who is he to turn down someone if they needed guidance?. “Sure. This way”. He asked her to join him on a walk outside while they talk. The parents in the room where satisfied with the results so far.

--------

“Marriage?. What are you saying, mother?. You know I can’t do that. I’m already committed to someone. You can’t just simply tell me that I’m marrying someone I don’t even see more than a friend”. His day has been going so well until he came home and his mother dropped a bomb on him.

“That’s why you’ve been getting to know her. To move pass this awkward and stranger like phase. Listen to me, Jinyoung. You know we have nothing against your relationship but we also can’t ignore the fact that an heir is needed to carry on our family’s name. Your boyfriend can’t give you that”. Why did that  become such a obligation?. “We are not even asking you to break it off with him. It’s nothing new, especially with politicians and/or their families, to have their lovers while being married. Your father was no different from them”. The idea alone disgusted Jinyoung enough for him to throw up.

Yes, Jinyoung knows all about it. His father was in love with someone from a lower class but

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter