Airbag.

1:13AM

"Like in a car accident, where people are protected by the air-bag, how great would it be if there is something that can protect us when we encounter sadness or adversity in our lives?"
-Tablo

 

Joon reached up his cabinet to get hold of his treasure mug.
His father was a potter and his father made this preppie mug for him.
You know what they say, that when someone is afraid or stressed, the only way they can calm themselves again is by going back to times where they felt most safe and most loved.
An example is when this person is going to study somewhere far from home, the only person he/she can cope is by hugging on to the only thing they brought from home.
Like how Joon is now too.
He's always drinking from this mug, never any other.

 

He had never been much of a talker, he's no good with words or with people and hence, the only way he convey himself is with things around him.
He does well with music but music can't always help, if it doesn't, he turns to things that surround him.
Mostly though, he'll talk to himself while having some nice hot drink in his mug.
Like now too. After making himself some tea, he sat on his couch, faced the wall, and started talking.

 

These days, all he had been going through were heartbreak.
He had never been good with anything.
Few months back, he had gathered courage to speak to you.
It took him much every time he tried something with you.
Right when he thought that maybe he could court you, you announced to the world about your marriage to this man whom to you was perfect.
Joon would be more than perfect if only you had given him a chance. 

 

Joon, in all honesty, he wanted to come after you and although how silly, he would take you in his arms but he's really not that kind of guy.

 


Few years back, he had gotten into a very bad accident.
He could've died but he was destined to live longer and hence he was.
He had always thought, after that, that God had made some mistake.
That on that day, he was supposed to die.
It was only after he met you, he believed otherwise.

 

Due to the accident Joon received many fractures.
He broke his arm, leg, neck.
But he lived because something saved him, an airbag.
It was from then onwards that he found gratefulness amongst everything around him.

 

"Like in a car accident, where I was  protected by the air-bag, how great would it be if there is something that can protect me when I encounter sadness or adversity in my life?"

He asked himself as he continued staring at the blank space on the wall.

 

Photo credits to @supahsparkling-unicorn.tumblr.com.