Two

TOUCH
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

just a short one :)))

ஐ〰ฺ・:*:・✿ฺ ஐ〰・:*:・・:*:・✿ฺ ஐ〰・:*:・・:*:・✿ฺ ஐ〰・:*:・

 

"Doesn't measure up to it"

 

"Sir Jinyoung?"

Jinyoung was already about ten minutes awake when he heard consecutive knocks from outside his bedroom's door. Next that he heard is the young helper's voice calling him, in an attempt to wake him up.

Another set of knocks, "Sir Jinyoung? Can I come in?"

With a short glance at his just woke up self in the mirror, Jinyoung ruffled his bed hair before answering, "It's open, Hyunjin!" Not a couple of seconds after, the door opened, allowing the young helper to walk in.

"Good morning, Sir Jinyoung." the helper bowed.

"Good morning, Hyunjin." Jinyoung greeted back. Hyunjin is the son of their head housemaid and has been working for them since he turned eighteen. He's been with them for over a year now.

"Breakfast is served downstairs. Your parents are waiting for you."

"I'll go down in a bit. Thanks, Hyunjin." The younger bowed once more before closing the door behind him. 

As much as he would prefer to stay in bed and skip a would probably be awkward and a would most likely turn to be stressful breakfast, Jinyoung knows better than to keep his parents waiting for him. So after unwillingly pulling himself out of the bed, he went straight to the bathroom to wash his face freshen up a bit. 

 

 

"How is school?" A typical question asked by parents to their children whenever they get together. His dad is not a huge fan of casual talking during breakfasts, unless it's business or work related. 

"I'm doing my best, dad." Jinyoung answered after wiping his mouth with a napkin. He looked at his dad who seemed to be focused on eating and not actually on asking him questions. Nevertheless, Jinyoung continued. "We had this debate as our performance task in Business Ethics and my team won."

"Oh really now? I'm really proud of you, son." His mom's response made him smile, almost making him want to boast more. If these were his cousins who were with him, he would've boasted to his heart's content, but since it's his parents, he thinks not. 

"Thanks, mom." His smile is genuine.

"That's good." He heard his dad who is now looking at him. Wiping his mouth with a napkin, he spoke. "Aren't you be needing to find a company where you could train for this coming semester?" Jinyoung nodded. "In that case, you don't need to look for another company. You could train in ours."

The thought of working in their own company didn't sink well on Jinyoung. Park Enterprises is one of the largest conglomerate in Korea. His grandfather Park Dong Man has established it and has passed on the presidency to his dad Park Hyungmin. For the past fifty years, their company has earned that top spot in the business world. His family has done a great job in keeping it on top. His dad manages the company more than well, and even the people working for them. But him, actually working for his dad is not a good idea for him. Just thinking about how he will be closely monitored is enough to make him want to shut the offer down. Maybe some will think, this will be convenient for him, but in his opinion, this will be more of a mental and physical torture for him. 

Jinyoung wasn't even able to give any form of reaction, and his father is talking again. "I just figured, this will be a good opporunity for me to see what you can do, what you lack of, and what I should teach you when it comes to running the company. In a few years time, you will be declared as the new CEO of Park Enterprises and it's a very big responsibility for someone as young as you. This training will help us both, but you mainly since you still have a lot of things to learn and what's the best place to practice but in our own nest."

"Is that even necessary, Hyungmin?" His mom asked but his father just shrugged. 

"I don't see why it isn't. Your son needs training. I'm offering him the best training he could get." And now his dad's eyes were on him. "Unless, he has other plans?"

Jinyoung doesn't know what to say. How will he tell his dad that working in their own company is not even in his options? In fact, he was already asking help from his cousins in finding him a good company to have his training. Yugyeom said he has a good one to recommend so he's waiting for the younger's update about it.

His father looks like he is waiting for his answer and Jinyoung is mentally panicking. Until they all heard the doorbell ringing. His mom asked one of the maids to see who is at the door and less than a minute after, Jinyoung saw Mark dressed in white shirt and jeans. "Good morning, Auntie and Uncle." turning to him, the older smiled. "Good morning, Jinyoungie."

"Mark, hi! Nice for you to drop by." his mom greeted, standing up to hug his cousin.

"I'm actually here for Jinyoung, Auntie. He promised me that we'll spend the whole day together and just hang out like we always do." Right. He promised it last night. But isn't Mark too early?

"Is that so? Then why don't you sit and eat breakfast with us before the two of you go?" 

Mark is not one to turn down his father's invitation so the older ended up eating breakfast with them. Jinyoung is thankful because it distracted his dad from their previous conversation. For the next half hour, they talked about Mark's parents who are in their vacation in California.

 

 

"How long should I still wait, Park Jinyoung?"

He could only groan in frustration as he heard Mark complaining from the other side of the door. Jinyoung tried to hurry on wearing his bathrobe as he turned the shower off. He took another another towel to dry his hair before walking outside his bathroom. 

He sees Mark who is sitting on his bed, doing something on his phone. The older took notice of him as soon as he gets out, earning him an eyeroll. "It's been twenty minutes. Why do you shower that long?"

Jinyoung gave an eyeroll back, while walking towards his closet.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter