Seven [1/2]

TOUCH
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

"Just Us"

 

 

"Come on, get some more." Mark told him, pushing the bag of fries to his side until it touched his fingers. Jinyoung glanced at him before getting the bag and putting his hand inside it to get some more fries. "Ketchup?" The older even offered but Jinyoung just waved his hand and shook his head. He usually prefer fries without ketchup.

Jinyoung leaned back on the hood of Mark's car as he munched on the fries they just ordered from McDonald's drive-thru. It was almost six when they drove through the joint and decided to order two cheeseburgers, a 16-pc McNuggets box, two coke floats and two larged fries which they all put inside a paper bag they asked from a crew. It's not exactly the kind of food they should have for dinner but, they both wanted it so none of them is complaining.

 

A huge depth of breath is all that escaped Jinyoung's lips as he stared at the view he's seeing right now. They are up on the hill side near the Namsan Tower where they could perfectly see the city lights all over Seoul. It's a magnificent sight Jinyoung always loved seeing. And Mark being right here beside him, makes the night even more perfect.

Him and Mark had made it a habit- driving by the hillside to their usual spot behind the Namsan Tower and just stay here for hours, just talking about random stuffs or anything they would want to talk about, completely forgetting the time until their parents (either his or Mark's) call one of them up asking where on earth they are and if they still have plans to go home. Jinyoung could only laugh at the memory of that one night when they enjoyed talking too much that they weren't aware that it was past midnight already. To make matters worse, their phones died making it impossible for their parents to reach either of them. He could still remember how angry his parents were especially his dad. If not for Mark standing in between them and explaining the whole situation to his parents which only led to the older taking all the blame, Jinyoung will surely be grounded for a whole month at least. He was thankful for what Mark did, but then the next day, he found out that the older got grounded by his parents and that made him feel guilty. It's okay, Jinyoungie. It's not your fault. But that is what Mark always say.

He repeated those same words in his head as he glanced at Mark who was also has his eyes staring ahead. It's okay. It's not your fault. Jinyoung's eyes dropped on the ground.

Just a while ago, when he left Jaebum after telling him about how he truly feels, with things changing as well as his feelings for the latter... Jinyoung really didn't expect to see him, to see Mark waiting for him at the corner of the street. It is true that for the whole time he was with Jaebum, nothing else filled his mind but Mark. While he was walking away from Jaebum, he can't possibly deny that he is imagining himself walking towards Mark. But seeing the older right in front of him seem to make it even clearer to him that all those things he said to Jaebum... they can't be any truer. It must have been Mark... all along, it must have been him.
 

A warm touch cut his train of thoughts. "Isn't it getting a bit cold?" Mark was asking him, nudging his head towards the inside of the car. "Should we head home?"

Jinyoung saw Mark as he was about to stand so he reached for his hand to pull the older to sit back down. Once seated, Jinyoung took the older's hand fully and intertwined their fingers. Another sigh escaped his lips but this time, it's like a lot of weight came off of it. "This is fine." He said, staring at the vast cityscape. "I'm fine with this warmth." 

"Me too." And Mark's soft response along with the older's hand tightening its hold around his own sends Jinyoung blushing. Thank God it's already dark, his flustered cheeks would be easier to hide.

Another minute passed before Jinyoung was finally able to get the question out. 

"When did this start?" He knew he doesn't need to elaborate it more. Mark will understand. And hearing the older's soft sigh madehim certain that Mark did understand his question.

"That night, when the guys asked to have this movie night at your house for the first time, sometime around ninth grade? I insisted that we watch Nightmare on Elm Street and it scared the sh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter