Thirteen

TOUCH
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

"Enough"

 

 

"That's just about everything." Mark said as he finished putting the last of their bags at the backmost part of the van.

It's past 9 am and they just had their breakfast before they drive back to Seoul. The younger ones were still sleepy especially Youngjae who is already inside the van dozing off to sleep. Yugyeom is a walking mess, that Bambam needed to help him make sure his legs won't get tangled up and he won't fall over while walking. Bambam keeps on complaining but he didn't let Yugyeom stumble.

"Oh, Jacks?" Mark called their cousin who is about to ride the van, carrying his backpack. "Let me put that for you at the back." The older said as he tried to reach for the chinese's bag but Jackson moved away enough for Mark not to reach him. This had the older wondering about the weird action.

"I'm good." Jackson just said and got inside the van not even giving Jinyoung a glance.

"Okay." He heard Mark say before closing the van's door. Turning to him, the older asked, "Shouldn't we ride too? We should get going in order to make it home by lunch."

Jinyoung just nodded before following the older towards the front. When they got inside, as expecteed, Youngjae and Yugyeom were already fast asleep while Bambam is still trying to find a good position which will make him feel the most comfortable despite Yugyeom's legs resting on top of his.

Mark started the engine and then off they drove.

From the rear view mirror, he glanced on Jackson who is staring outside the window, with earphones plugged in. It's like he's drowning his thoughts off with music. And maybe he is doing just that... Jinyoung thought. He can't help but recall how their talk last night went.


 

"Why did you still choose to be with Mark?"

Jinyoung felt like his hands had grown cold, and he feels very much frozen to his spot as he stared at the necklace Jackson has given him. His necklace- the necklace Mark has given him. 'how... how did he get it?'

Before he could make any kind of reaction, he hears Jackson cursing sharply. ", Jinyoung." Only did he get the courage to look at his cousin and he couldn't be any more right about how hurting those eyes are. He could almost see tears b from the side of those round eyes. His heart clenches at the sight.

He stood there, still with his necklace at hand, watching as Jackson started to walk to and fro, brushing his hair frustratedly through every step. It took a few seconds before he stopped right in front of him, with hands on his waist. "Wouldn't you say anything?" He heard him ask. "Shouldn't you say anything, Jinyoung?"

Trying with all his remaining strength, Jinyoung opened his mouth. "J-jackson..." His mouth opened and closed but still, he wasn't able to form anything close to a word. All he could do is to ball his hand to a fist, never minding the slight pain he felt because of the edge of the metal pendant pricking on his palm. 

"Just deny it, Jinyoung." Jackson's words made him lift his head up to make sure he's hearing things right. "Look, I won't even ask any questions. I will take your word for it, if you will just deny all of these. Just tell me that this is nothing. That Mark just went overboard in giving you a birthday gift. That those symbols mean nothing." He was surprised when he felt Jackson's hands grabbing both of his shoulders, making him look at the older's eyes. "Just tell me anything, Jinyoung and I will believe anything. For 's sake, change my mind into believing that there is nothing going on between the two of you because ! No way in hell could you be in a relationship with your own cousin, Jinyoung! Please!"

Jinyoung's mouth fell open as he saw how Jackson's head dropped, and his shoulder's now shaking. All he hears now are his sobs, and he can feel the pain Jackson is feeling right now. He felt how Jackson's grip on his shoulders loosen, as if he's losing strength.

"P-please, Jinyoung. Please, just tell me none of these is real."

He cried, while Jackson was crying. All he could do is to cry with him. He isn't even brave enough to bring his hand up and wipe those tears from his cousin's face. Jinyoung can't. So he just let the tears stream freely from his eyes, down his cheeks. If only it could ease some of the pain they're both feeling. With his quivering lips, all Jinyoung could offer is a weak and shaky "S-sorry..."

He didn't say anything more. But maybe it's more than enough to confirm everything that has been running inside Jackson's head. Jinyoung should've expected this. From that time when Jackson caught them together at Yugyeom's party... and then that last day of school, after the basketball game. When Hyunjin told him that Jackson dropped by while he was out with Mark... he should've seen this coming. Him and Mark couldn't keep this between them as their secret forever. Someone is bound to find out about this. He just never thought it'd be Jackson. 

 

Jinyoung can still recall how long it took before Jackson was able straighten himself up, before leaving him there. After he said sorry, he didn't hear anything else from his cousin. And that night, Jinyoung doesn't know how he managed to get a shut eye. All he remembers is crying his self to sleep after deciding against calling Mark and letting him know what happened.

"Hey?" 

Jinyoung felt a gentle squeeze from his hand and he sees Mark's hand on it. When he turned, the older was smiling at him warmly but there's a hint of worry in those beautiful brown eyes. 

"Everything okay?" Mark asked and although Jinyoung wants to let it all out so bad, he knows he can't. So pursing his lips and trying his damnest to form a smile, Jinyoung just nodded.

When he glanced at the rear view mirror, he saw how Jackson was eyeing their hands and Jinyoung felt the need to shake Mark's hand off. Confused to his action, Mark frowned but Jinyoung just smiled and said, "Focus on the road, hyung." To this, Mark just smiled and did what he was told.

 

 

 

 

"I don't think we should go." 

This was his response when Mark told him about Bambam inviting them to go clubbing tonight. Mark was seated on the couch and they were in the living room when the older started to talk about it. 

Hearing this, Mark stopped texting in his phone and looked at him. "But, why?" 

Jinyoung averted his eyes and just focused on watching Running Man. "I just... I'm not exactly in the mood to party." When he checked, Mark has his forehead creased. He continued. "It's roughly ten days left before the second semester starts and, maybe I just thought I want to spend my remaining vacation in more productive things."

Still, Mark's brows were knitted. "By watching Running Man?"

Heaving a sigh, Jinyoung just went back to watching the said show. "Alright. You can go and have fun with them. I'll stay here and just sleep early, I guess."

And that is when Mark put his phone down and took hold of his hands. Jinyoung felt the need to look around and check if there's anyone looking. His parents are on a business trip and they'll only come home just in time for Christmas. The maids are probably in the kitchen. Realizing they are safe, Jinyoung decided against taking his hands back. 

"Do I even need to tell you that it won't ever be fun without you?"

Jinyoung wanted to wipe off that pout the olderis sporting so he did. But it made Mark pout some more. This man child, really! Rolling his eyes, Jinyoung talked. "That is not the case before, hyung. I know you had lots of fun before." He purposely made his tone sound suggestive, because he wants Mark to remember those times when he do enjoy this kind of things- party and girls.

"Like you said, it was before. It was all before you happened, Park Jinyoung. And now you made it hard for me to enjoy anything which don't have you in it." Jinyoung chose not to respond despite the fact that his heart might be fluttering a bit. "Tell me the real reason why you don't want to come."

And of course he can't. Jinyoung refuses to talk about it. He refuses to talk about how he finds the situation uncomfortable and awkward. Going means seeing Jackson. And his cousin has been avoiding him since that night in Alpensia. But he can't talk about that to Mark. So what else is left there for him to do? Heaving an exasperated sigh, Jinyoung rolled his eyes as he slipped his hands from the older. "Alright. Wait for me here. I'll come back in fifteen."

"We're finally going?" Mark's bright smile is matching his hopeful eyes. 

"What else, Mr, Tuan?" Jinyoung hissed before going up to his room to get ready.

 

 

 

 

Maybe, Jinyoung should've kept quiet. 

Maybe he shouldn't have tried and just let his cousin avoid him forever.

 

"Okay, let's go talk."

When Jackson told him this, Jinyoung felt the sudden rush of nervousness. Maybe it was a bad idea. Like he said, he should've just kept his distance and let Jackson be until he's ready to talk to him.

A while ago, when they reached the bar, Jinyoung just couldn't help himself but try and approach Jackson. He just felt like he needed to talk and explain things more. He wasn't able to do that when they talked that night. H

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter