Fifteen

TOUCH
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

"Not Just Yet"

 

It was ten minutes past 11pm when they arrived at the hotel. It looks really grand. It's their first time here in Westin Chosun and none of them were disappointed by the reviews they have read about the said hotel. They all entered and walked into the lobby with Jaebum leading them. It didn't take more than five minutes for them to get the keys to their respective rooms. As planned and as how Jaebum told them before they went on this trip, they will all be having a room of their own. Jaebum wanted to spare himself from the discussion about who's going to room with whom so he just decided to get a room for each of them. 

Jinyoung examined his key card before tapping it and twisting the knob. He walked inside and the lights allowing him to see the room's interior. They are all staying in an executive suite, with the view of the beach. There's one queen sized bed and there's also a t.v. He walked towards the bed to settle his bag. He then went towards the windows and opened the curtains. He took a minute to indulge himself with the wonderful view in front of him. Haeundae Beach really is beautiful, especially at night.

For the next ten minutes, Jinyoung arranged his things and clothes inside the closet. He the television while doing so and watched some late night show. Afterwards, he took a quick shower and prepared himself for sleep. He was in the middle of fluffing his bed when he heard the doorbell. Thinking it was one of the hotel staffs, probably for some room service, Jinyoung walked to the door and opened it. 

But standing outside was Mark- in his usual white shirt and sweatpants. He's also wearing a bucket hat but he took it off when he greeted him. "Hi." There goes his cheeky grin. 

"What are you doing here at this late hour?" Jinyoung asked while still holding the door slightly ajar and leaning on the door frame. 

Mark kept his grin as his hand reached for the back of his head, scratching it. "I just wanted to see how your room looks like."

To this, Jinyoung felt the need to roll his eyes. "We all got the same room. How will my room be any different from yours?" And that contains all the nonchalance in his voice. 

But Mark answered with a sort of shy smile, still scratching the back of his head. "Well, there is no you in my room. That's one."

Jinyoung isn't sure how flustered he looks right now after hearing those from Mark. Is he an expert in making someone's heart flutter? Because he's doing a pretty good job with his heart. He hasn't even answered yet and he was met by those puppy eyes already. 

"Can I come in?" And Jinyoung could already hear the dangling please in that question of his. Failing to resist the older, Jinyoung opened the door wider, similar to how wider Mark's smile has gotten as he walked in. Jinyoung just watched as Mark made himself comfortable, sitting on his bed before he closed the door shut again.

"I just fluffed that." He told Mark.

Looking at the bedsheets, Mark tried to smooth out the edges but didn't get up as what he wanted. "I'll just help you fluff it later." He was smiling so sweetly at him that Jinyoung starts to wonder what's up with him. Mark then reached for his hand and tapped on the space beside him. "Sit with me?"

Jinyoung rolled his eyes but granted Mark's request. When he did, Mark didn't let go of his hand and just played with his fingers. Deep inside, Jinyoung knows he likes this. It's rare that they get to spend some time together like this, that being just quiet is already enough. He just stared at his hands being held gently by Mark, his thumb brushing on his knuckles all too softly. They stayed like that for a few minutes until Jinyoung remembered that it's nearly midnight and they should get some sleep, especially Mark since the older drove them here and didn't get the chance to rest through out the drive. 

"Shouldn't we be heading to sleep?" He suggested. 

Mark's brow arched a bit as he continued to stare at their hands. "Probably."

"What probably? We certainly should go and sleep. We need to rest. You need to rest."

That made Mark look up at him. His brows raised as he curled his lips up. "But I still am not able to get what I came here for."

"Huh? And what is it that you came here to get?"

"Something you stole from me just a few hours ago." Mark's response made him crease his brows. He's afraid he can't follow what Mark is saying. But then the older continued. "Did you think I didn't know? I am here to get the kiss you stole from me, love."

And that automatically sent his cheeks burning red. He suddenly recalled what he did a few hours ago when they went for a short stop over. While all of them went to the convenience store, Mark chose to stay in the car and take a short nap. Jinyoung returned shortly after buying his favorite homerun ball and there he saw Mark dozing off. He isn't sure what exactly took over him but before he knew it, he was leaning closer to Mark, touching his lips with his own. He's not proud of what he's done but in his defense, Mark's lips were just too damn tempting then. 

"Judging from the redness of your cheeks, I can say that you now know what I am talking about." Mark says while smirking, and it doesn't help to cool down his burning cheeks. "You're cute." All the more that remark!

"Y-you were awake?" 

Mark shrugged, still keeping that playful smirk. "I was really asleep then, but I was awaken when you kissed me."

Jinyoung's eyes widen in shock and embarrassment. If he could disappear, now would be the perfect time. In dire attempt to hide his self, Jinyoung covered his face with his hands. He heard Mark's laugh as he removed his hands from covering his face. 

"You can't expect me to stay asleep after that kiss, love. That is something I cannot miss."

Jinyoung fights to keep his hands above his face but Mark was able to snatch them away and is now holding them firmly. When he tried to look, Mark still has this crazily radiant smile on his face as if he's looking at something very much amusing. This makes him feel more embarrassed.

"You can steal as many kisses as you like from me, love." Mark says softly, touching his chin. "I'm just gonna keep on trying to get those back."

Suddenly, he's seeing Mark closing his eyes, leaning closer towards him. Jinyoung can move and get away from him, but a part of his mind tells him not to. So what he did was to stay in place and close his eyes as he awaits to feel those soft lips against his again.

But before it could happen, they heard the doorbell ringing. This made Jinyoung jump away from Mark, and his cheeks growing even redder. They heard some voices from the other side of the door and they're both pretty much sure that it has got to be their cousins. Jinyoung thinks he might have heard Bambam too.

Smoothening out the non-existent creases on his shirt, Jinyoung stood up and went for the door. When he was reaching for the knob, only then did he remember that Mark was with him and that his cousins can't see him here because he doesn't think he can come up with a convincing reason as to why his cousin is inside his room at this late hour. Signalling the older to go and hide under the bed, Jinyoung held the knob. He felt a bit relieved when he saw Mark coming up to his senses and doing as what he told him to. When Mark lied down on his stomach down on the carpeted floor, only then did Jinyoung twisted the knob open. Two tall figures come into light.

"Hyung!" Yugyeom being the first one to speak. "I told you he's still awake!" He then turned towards his bestfriend.

"I thought he'll sleep right after we checked in." Bambam answered.

In front of him are Yugyeom and Bambam, both dressed in shirt and pants, not their usual clothes for sleeping. Where are these two planning to go, anyway? When he looked behind the younger two, he saw Jackson who is also dressed as same. "Were you guys going somewhere?" He opted to ask.

Yugyeom nods. "Yes. We plan to head to the mini bar and try out a few drinks."

"You plan to get drunk instead of getting some decent sleep?" Jinyoung asked his youngest cousin, while narrowing his eyes.

"That's what I've been telling him, hyung. This is not a good idea, Gyeom." 

"What the hell? You were the one who suggested this strongly, Bam!" 

And now he's watching the two bark at each other. If not for Jackson flicking both of their ears, they wouldn't have stopped and they could've been reported for being so loud and disturbing by the other guests. 

"So what brought you here? Because you both should've known better than to invite me to go with you." 

Yugyeom made a pfff-ing sound. "Of course we know better." He says a matter-of-factly. "We're just here to ask if you have seen Mark hyung? Or if you know where he is? We came to check on him but he is not in his room. I wonder where he went."

Jinyoung almost stiffened at his cousin's question. His mind was torn, debating whether he'll tell them that Mark was inside his room, or if he'll continue to lie. At some point, he also thought that maybe it was better if he didn't ask Mark to hide. It'll be weird if he suddenly reveals Mark who is hiding under his bed. They will probably ask why, and Jinyoung might fail on giving a sound reason. 

"I don't know." And his choice was to lie, apparently. "I haven't seen him after we got our respective key cards. Maybe he went to have a look around the place?"

Jinyoung tried to maintain eye contact with Yugyeom and Bambam. Jackson was not looking at him anyway. Yugyeom then shrugged. "Okay. We just thought we should go ask."

"Why don't we just call him?" Bambam suggested and Yugyeom was about to do so but then Jackson put his arms around their shoulders almost too harshly.

"Let's just head to the bar and call him when we're there. We still need to get Youngjae. And then maybe we'll bump into Mark while we're on our way?" Jackson suggested but even before the younger two could answer or react, the chinese was dragging them away and saying goodnight to him. 

Once they left, Jinyoung closed the door and turned to Mark. The older was crawling out of the bed and is now standing up, dusting off his shirt. When he looked at him, he was wearing a smile. "That was close." Jinyoung didn't react and just walked back towards his bed. 

"You better go downstairs and meet those brats before they go looking for you again."

Mark shrugged. "Well okay, but... can I finally have it? Before I leave, yeah?"

Jinyoung smiled at the older. "Of course you can. You'll definitely have it." And before the older could move, he smacked him in his arm making the latter yelp. 

"What was that for?" 

"For making me almost lose my mind just a while ago."

Mark smirked. "I'll take that as a compliment."

Rolling his eyes again, he pushed the older until they get to the door. He opened it and waited for Mark to go out. "Goodnight, Mark."

But Mark still has that playful look in his eyes. "Goodnight, love."

 

 

The next morning, they all met at the hotel'

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter