Twelve

TOUCH
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

just a short one, to lessen the amount of time you need to wait. One less update to do. :)))

 

ஐ〰ฺ・:*:・✿ฺ ஐ〰・:*:・・:*:・✿ฺ ஐ〰・:*:・・:*:・✿ฺ ஐ〰・:*:・

 

"His question"

 

 

"You can drop me off by the gate, Mr. Han." Jinyoung instructed their family driver as they drove near to the gates of the university. As the old man pulls over, Jinyoung grabs his bag and stuffed the book he's been reading inside it. 

"Alright, sir Jinyoung." Mr. Han said as he parked the car. Turning to him, the driver asked, "What time would I be picking you up, sir?"

Wearing his bag's strap on his shoulder, Jinyoung answered. "There's no need for that. Mark hyung will be picking me up later." With the man nodding, Jinyoung waved goodbye and got off the car.

 

It's the first day of the semestral break but, christmas vacation ain't official until Jinyoung gets all his class cards. So that is why he's in the university today. He's alone because all his cousins are too tired to mind their grades. They said they still have a lot of time left to deal with these things. They say they're tired but Jinyoung calls them lazy. Mark, on the other hand would have come with him, only if Jackson didn't drag the older to go with him to the gym this morning. And as they all know Jackson, that guy just wouldn't take no as an answer. So again, that is why he is alone today.

It's not that bad... Jinyoung thought to himself as he sat inside the EDP room. He just finished having his clearance signed by all his professors which isn't really a hard work since Jinyoung was diligent enough to comply with all his subjects' requirements. Now he figures, maybe this is why his cousins are not in the mood in getting their class cards today. Maybe they knew that they'll have a hard time completing their clearance. Bambam is no different either. When Jinyoung entered, he was relieved to see that there's not that much students lining up. It's a good thing since that means he'll have his class cards processed faster.

Jinyoung was just about to get back to reading when someone took the seat beside him. When he turned, he saw Jaebum who is dressed in his usual clothes- a pair oof white tee and faded jeans. "Oh. Hi, Jinyoung." The older greeted, settling on his seat. 

He just smiled back before greeting back. "Hi, Jaebum. Here to get your class cards too?"

Jaebum nodded. "Better dealing with this first before indulging myself into a much long-awaited break." Jinyoung could only agree and smirk at the fact that only Jaebum has the same thoughts as him. "It's almost a two week vacation, right? Got any plans?"

And here, Jinyoung remembers the times him and his cousins plus Bambam had talked about how their vacation would go. Bambam, Yugyeom and Jackson were the most active ones in planning it all out. Just a weekend ago, Bambam laid out the full plan and that is, the six of them all heading to Alpensia Ski Resort in Gangwon-do. They're going to spend one day and one night at the province and ski to their heart's content. They'll be leaving two days from now and they already asked permission from their parents so basically, they're just waiting for the said day of their departure. 

"Oh, Jackson has mentioned that to me." Jaebum said after Jinyoung talked about their planned trip.

"Of course he did. And he invited you, I suppose?" 

Jinyoung watched as Jaebum played with his phone, flipping in around. "Yeah, but... about going... well, I don't think I should."

Hearing this, Jinyoung suddenly realized that no matter how he tries to keep things normal and not awkward between the two of them,  he just can't hide the fact that things changed. They were friends before, when they acknowledged their feelings towards each other, there's a tilt in their relationship. And now, after Jinyoung realized his real feelings, things changed again, taking a complete turn. Of course, he can't expect that things will go back to how they were before all these feelings existed. It is what he is hoping, but certainly he can't expect for it to happen.

Maybe he is in no place to tell this to Jaebum. He really wants to tell him that everything is okay, and things shouldn't be like this between them. Jinyoung wants to, but he knows he shouldn't say that. So instead, he settled on tapping Jaebum's knee and regarding him with a warm and reassuring smile. "You should come."

When Jaebum smiled back, Jinyoung felt like he said the right thing. He didn't push too much, he didn't pull either. This is alright.

After getting his class cards, Jinyoung waved goodbye to Jaebum saying they'll just see each other around. It was when he was walking in the school grounds when he received a text from Mark saying he's on his way to pick him up. Jinyoung just waited at the parking lot. When Mark's car pulled over, Jinyoung rose to his feet and jogged towards it, smiling wide.

 

 

"Things I'd do to have grades like these." Mark says while looking at his class cards. 

Jinyoung just rolled his eyes and threw a crumpled napkin at the older's face. "You aren't even doing anything to have grades like that, hyung." And that made Mark laugh. Jinyoung just rolled his eyes yet again before getting more fries.

They're here at McDonald's where Mark has driven them both off after picking him up at school. It's almost 1 pm and they're here to eat late lunch. Mark ordered some burgers, and chicken for them and of course some fries. Jinyoung picked the table far from the window and near the far side of the joint so there are less people around. While they were eating, Mark asked about his plan for his work immersion next year.

"Yugyeom has coaxed his friend into letting me train in their company." He said, munching on his fries. "You might know them since he's been friends with the guy since high school."

"What's his name?" 

"Jeon Jungkook." he answered and waited for Mark's reaction. The older nodded. "Jeon Holdings Inc. That's where I'll be training next year."

"I think I heard that name from Yugyeom and Bambam." Mark affirmed, dipping some fries on the ketchup. "It's good that uncle finally allowed you to do what you want."

"It's mom who persuaded him. I talked to mom about it and I decided to be honest on how I feel about all this taking responsibility thing. I tried to make her understand where I'm coming from and luckily, she listened and gave this one to me." His sentence ended with a sigh. "We both know that there's nowhere else I'll end up at but our company anyway."

Jinyoung wasn't planning to rant or anything to Mark. It's just that whenever the topic swerves to this direction, all his frustrations pent up inside him and sometimes he just really need to let it all out. Just like now.

He wasn't looking at Mark but then he felt the older taking his hand, squeezung it gently. No words were said but that kind of smile Mark has is enough to comfort him. Jinyoung smiled back. 

Deciding to change the topic, he asked Mark about his plans after college since he'll be graduating this year with degree in Graphi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter