Five

TOUCH
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

"You have me"

 

"Thank you for coming. Get home safely." 

Jinyoung felt like he already sounds like the voice in the machine whenever he and Mark goes at McDonald's for drive-thru. He's been repeating those words, to every guest who approaches him to greet him a happy birthday and then says they're leaving. His party already had come to an end and most of his guests already went home. Jaebum and his parents had bid him farewell a while ago, as well as his classmates. Now, most of the remaining guests are those who were associated with their company.

The last to approach him were his uncles and aunts, along with his grandfather, his mom and dad. His mom asked if he needs to ride back home with them but Jinyoung said he's gonna ride with Jackson instead. After his uncle made sure that his son was not drunk, he allowed Jackson to drive him back home.

The four of them splitted up since Bambam drives his own car. Youngjae went with Yugyeom, and Jinyoung went with Jackson. While driving, Jackson kept on talking about him and his  cousins enjoyed the night by themselves, with Yugyeom and Bambam making a fool out of themselves, being their main source of entertainment. They were almost near their gate and Jackson is still far from shutting up.

"A happy birthday to you again, Jinyoung-ah." Jackson greeted him as he pulled the car to a stop. 

"Thanks, Jackson." He said back, with a smile but didn't take his seatbelt off yet. His fingers fiddled its lock. "Have you... have you talked to Mark?" 

A few hours ago, after that talk with his cousin in the hotel's garden, Jinyoung hasn't seen Mark for the rest of the party. Maybe if he didn't stay too long outside and quickly followed Mark, he could've catch the older. But... I shouldn't feel this anyway... Mark's last words really threw him into a hole of confusion. Feel this, he said. What exactly is this? That frequent and hard to justify jealousy the older gets or tends to feel when he sees him with Jaebum? Mark has always been like that though, overly possessive and protective. Isn't that how older brothers usually are? And Mark is like that to him- an older brother. Jinyoung thinks it is quite normal for Mark to get jealous and protective... he suppose. 

"Oh, Mark." Jackson nodded while talking. "I did text him to ask where he's at and he said he went home already."

"Oh. Okay." His voice might have sounded a bit down, just like how he feels right now, thinking about Mark.

"He said sorry for not staying until the end of your party." 

Jinyoung just smiled whatever it is he's feeling, because it is okay. Mark isn't obligated to spend the whole night with him. although he hoped Mark did. Finally taking his seatbelt off, he bid goodnight to Jackson, thanking him for the ride before opening the gate and getting inside.

 

He headed straight to his bedroom and was greeted by the tons of gifts he received for his special day. That's when he remembered about it.... Mark's gift. Jinyoung changed to his pajamas first and did his night rituals before he sat on his bed and checked each one of the gifts. There were a lot so it took him about ten minutes before he finally saw a small grey paperbag. He was thankful Mark had written his name on the greeting card. ~To future CEO, this isn't much but it's from me. I hope it holds much worth.~ Jinyoung was smiling while he's opening the bag, revealing a small box. He bit his lips when he saw the brand- Gucci. But of course Mark will afford.

When he opened the box, he saw a necklace- a silver one with a thin metal strip as its pendant. It's very simple, yet expensive looking. His eyes scanned the pendant and lingered at the characters engraved on it: 진영 

He walked towards his dresser's mirror. He took the necklace and put the box on top of the dresser. He opened the lock and wore it around his neck as his eyes went fixed on his reflection, admiring how the silver accesory looked good on him. Holding the pendant between his fingers, he wondered when was the last time he's been this happy after receiving a gift. 

Jinyoung decides to never take the necklace off. It won't be a hassle for him anyway.

 

 

Monday was a punishment. It always is.

Being the first day of the week and needing to get up at 6 am, Jinyoung really isn't fond of Mondays. Like how would he? He starts his day early because of his morning classes starting at 7:30, and to make it worse his last class ends at 7 pm. Who enjoys to spend twelve hours at school? Certainly not him. Good thing, Mark was always there to wait for him until his last class is finished although the older's class ends at 5 pm.

"You know I hate carrots!" Jackson, who was sitting beside him hissed at Yugyeom.

The youngest has agreed on paying for their lunch, much to Jackson's insisting. Yugyeom did agree but he bought the chinese some vegies which Jackson didn't like. All of them knows Yugyeom did it on purpose just to annoy their cousin. 

"Give them to me then, Jacks. I'll eat them." Bambam said, handing out his plate to Jackson. 

Jackson and Yugyeom were still making a ruckus, with the chinese trying to steal the youngest's bowl of soybean paste stew, that had Youngjae complaining, saying a peaceful lunch is all he's asking, when Bambam hit his bowl with his chopstick, getting his attention. Jinyoung gave the Thai a questioning look but Bambam just pointed his lips to Jaebum who has just had bought his lunch from the counter.

Younjae who is beside Bambam also took notice of Jaebum and is now looking at him with that teasing smile of his. "Hyung, look. It's your suitor~"

Jinyoung doesn't know why his first reaction was to look and check on Mark who is seated beside Youngjae. Mark, however is just eating his food. He was just about to hush the younger when Yugyeom suddenly called on Jaebum, calling him hyung. Now, Jaebum is walking towards their table, carrying his tray.

"Hi, guys." Then his eyes were on him. "Hi, Jinyoung."

He just smiled at Jaebum and uttered a small hi. But then Yugyeom was talking again. "You're just eating lunch?" Jaebum nodded. "You can sit with us."

Jinyoung was a bit hesitant. He stared at Yugyeom who was beside him. It's not like he doesn't want Jaebum to sit with them. He did try inviting him before but the problem is. . . . . he turned his head to check on his cousin's reaction. But Mark was still eating. 

"Uhm..." Jaebum's voice also sounded unsure and hesitant. They both exchanged stares, and Jinyoung was still thinking of what he should say. Jaebum then smiled at him and he knows that kind of smile ought to say that he understands the situation. "Thank you for inviting me but I don't think-"

But Jaebum's words were interrupted when Mark finally decided to talk. He's been quiet the whole time, and the older joining in the conversation now is unlikely for Jinyoung. "Yah." Mark said, but eyes directed at Yugyeom. "You're inviting him but not making room for the guy? Yugyeom, how worse can you get?" Mark then tapped the empty chair beside him. "Move your here."

Jinyoung could only stare in a mixture of surprise and confusion as Yugyeom did stand up and moved to the chair beside Mark. Jaebum uttering well, thanks got his attention and turned to the older taking the seat previously occupied by Yugyeom. 

The others were already back to eating but Jinyoung was still wondering by himself. Did that just happen? Mark didn't act rude towards Jaebum and even let the guy sit beside him? That is not a wrong thing to do but, it's not what Mark does. Before, just seeing Jaebum makes Mark roll his eyes and turns his mood completely sour. When Mark is around him, Jaebum doesn't get to come near him usually. It was always like that, that he, Jaebum and his cousins already got used to that. 

But now.... what have changed? 

Does Mark favor Jaebum now?

 

And isn't that a good thing?

 

 

"I won't be able to wait for you until your last class is finished, Jinyoung." 

This is what he has heard from Mark when their afternoon break was over. Mark is heading to his last class, while him and his other cousins still have two. Jinyoung turned to Mark who is doing something with his phone. 

"Why not?" He thinks he should ask since this is the first time Mark said about not being able to drive him home.

Mark took five seconds to reply. "I have some plans tonight." The older kept his phone in his back pocket as he turned to Jackson who was still eating churos. "Jackson, mind driving Jinyoung back home? Your class ends the same time as his, right?"

"Yeah." Jackson replied.

"Good." Mark then turned to him. "You'll be going home with him, then. You'll be safe in his hands, because if you won't, then he'll answer to me."

"Yah! I am a careful driver!" Jackson said defending himself but Mark just waved his hand to dismiss the chinese. 

But Jinyoung is still not okay with not knowing. So he asked, "What plans?" Mark stopped on messing with Jackson's hair and looked at him arching an eyebrow. Jinyoung's brows were furrowed as well. "You said you had plans tonight so I'm asking what they are."

"I'm going out tonight. My first class tomorrow is at 10 o'clock so, I could do some drinking."

"With someone?" Jinyoung asked again. "With Seo-hyun?"

He saw how Mark had this kind of look in his face like, he is annoyed or something but, the older just shook his head. "No-"

"So, a different girl, then." He didn't mean to sound like a nagging housewife but, so

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter