Seventeen

TOUCH
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

"None of it matters"

 

"I still haven't watched that. I'm interested. I say we go and watch that one!" Bambam said enthusiastically as he signed into Hulu, taking the remote control from Yugyeom.

The younger didn't seem to mind. "I guess watching Freddy Krueger is a good idea."

 

Tonight, him and his cousins along with Bambam have decided to have a sleepover in their house. Jackson was the one who suggested this since he has told his cousin that his parents left the country this morning for a business trip. Since Jackson claims to be concerned and doesn't want Jinyoung to spend the night all alone (although, technically he is not because they have maids), the Chinese proposed his plan of having their occasional 'movie night' in the Park's household.

Jinyoung didn't disagree to this plan. He's usually like that- just letting his cousins have things their way because arguing with them can be very tiring. He also didn't claim the right to get to choose which movie to watch although he can very much do that since it's their t.v. and it's their house. But like Jinyoung has said, he doesn't want to waste his energy arguing with his immature cousins (and that includes Bambam too since he's been learning well from his best friend Yugyeom). So he just let his cousins have the discussion of which movie to ask.

But then, Mark has to go and suggest that they watch Nightmare on Elm Street. And maybe Jinyoung hasn't mentioned this but he is not a fan of horror movies, more so a slasher film. He's not the type who enjoys watching a bunch of stupid people getting murdered by some psychopathic killer and leaving them in their own pool of blood. Jinyoung could only shiver, just by imagining how horrifying those kind of movies would be.

He didn't want to but Jinyoung needs to stop the younger ones from searching up the movie. He got the remote from Bambam which had the Thai looking up at him with those confused eyes. "Let's watch something else." Jinyoung just said and flipped on a new genre. He browsed through the comedy section.

"I'm in the mood to get frightened, hyung. I don't feel like laughing." Yugyeom complained but Jinyoung didn't mind and just looked for some films which star Adam Sandler, or Steve Carell.

"I also don't feel like listening to you, Yugyeom." Jinyoung said dryly and he heard a whine from his cousin but he ignored him. He was just about to click on Grown Ups 2, when Mark suddenly talked.

"Come on, Jinyoung. The younger ones want to watch Freddy. Just search for it and let's watch it."

Jinyoung turned to look at the older. He's just seated on the couch, eating some popcorn with Jackson. "Well I don't want to watch it."

"Cause you're scared?" He was taken aback after hearing how teasing Mark's voice sounds. He could also see his teasing smile as he bites in the popcorn. "It's just a movie, Jinyoungie. No need to be scared."

Jinyoung wanted to curse but he knows he can't let his cousins know that he is in fact a scaredy-cat when it comes to horror movies. If only Youngjae was with them, he knows the younger will also oppose to this idea and of course they'll listen to him because everyone loves Youngjae. Now Jinyoung has no other choice but just give the remote back to Bambam who is so excited to get his hands on it again. Him and Yugyeom searched for the movie. Jinyoung just sat on the couch, beside Jackson. The Chinese offered him some popcorn and he got some and munched on it with all the irritation he feels. 

From the side of his eyes, he could see how Mark finds this all amusing.

 

After the movie, Mark walked him to his room because the older needs to get some pillows for him. His cousins are going to sleep in the guest room and since there were four of them, they need more pillows. Jinyoung said he had extra pillows so Mark went with him but actually, Jinyoung is just scared of walking back to his room alone.

He's really scared, damn it. How can he not when he is still terrified because of Freddy Krueger's gruesome face? Jinyoung shivers at the thought.

"Thank you." Mark said when Jinyoung gave him an extra pillow. "I'll get back to the room now. Goodnight."

Jinyoung nodded but then Mark turned to him before stepping out of the door. "Oh! And before you sleep, you might want to check what's under your bed? You won't want Freddy to come and get you while you're sleeping..."

Instinctively, Jinyoung grabbed on Mark's arm tightly. The older was still laughing at him, probably seeing his horrified look. "You're such a scaredy-cat. Why won't you just admit it, Jinyoungie?"

"Stop laughing at me!" Jinyoung whines and grips on Mark's arm tighter. "Check under my bed." 

"Are you serious?" Mark laughs at him. "I was only kidding. You can't seriously think that Freddy Krueger is real."

"I know he's not but he appears in nightmares and I am positive I'll be having one tonight and it's all your fault!"

Mark gaped at him. "What did I even do?"

"You shouldn't have suggested that we go watch that movie. Now, I won't be able to sleep well."

The older sighed as he touched his hand which is still gripping on his arm. "Okay, I am sorry if I made you feel scared. But none of those is real. No one's going to hurt you."

Still, Jinyoung didn't let go of his arm. With another sigh, Mark took his hand and held it gently. "Alright... what do I need to do so you won't feel scared anymore?"

Jinyoung held his hand back. "Stay." He told him. "Here. With me." 

Jinyoung knows he won't be able to sleep well after watching that movie. He can't risk having nightmares. If Mark will stay with him, it will lessen his fear and he knows he would eventually stop getting scary thoughts knowing that he is not alone and that he has Mark. 

Mark stared at him with those soft eyes. "Okay. I'll stay here with you."

That night, was the first time they slept next to each other. That night, Mark held him close to his arms, playing with his hair, humming sounds to lull him to sleep. That night, Jinyoung thinks he has never felt more peaceful.

 

 

"Hey...." 

Jinyoung hears someone whispering near his ear and he felt a hand playing with his hair softly. Slowly, one before the other, Jinyoung opens his eyes. He squints as the light greets his eyes. He covered his face from it. He heard a light laugh from beside him and when he turned to look, he saw Mark gazing at him with the sunlight reflecting on his face. 

"Good morning, sleepyhead."

It's morning already. He remembered they were driving all night. Jinyoung slept ahead of Mark and only then did he remember to ask. "Hey, did you sleep?" He asked while sitting up, re-adjusting the car's seat. 

Mark nodded. "I did. We got here at around 2 am. I slept shortly after we arrived."

Jinyoung just smiled and nodded before looking around. He recognized that they are at the sea side. He could hear the sound of the waves crashing to the shore. He hears the seagulls and even sees some flying over the sky and some are walking on the sand. He checked the time from Mark's digital clock and he reads that it's almost 7 am. He was just about to ask where exactly are they but then he saw Mark who is pouting at him.

"No good morning?"

Jinyoung can't believe this guys is acting annoyingly cute just because he failed on greeting him a good morning. Biting in his smile, Jinyoung leaned a bit closer and greeted Mark with a whisper. "Good morning." 

Mark answers with a beaming smile. The older's arm moved over his head and traveled to his back, pulling him close. They are not wearing seatbelts anyway. He felt Mark's soft lips on his left temple and then his chin resting on top of his head. Jinyoung snuggles on Mark's chest, enjoying his warmth. "Good morning, love."

Jinyoung smiles as he closes his eyes again, wrapping his arms around Mark's waist.

 

Last night... things have turned into this huge mess. 

Jaebum has found out about their relationship and he even threatened that he'll go tell their parents about it. Jinyoung knows it's not far from happening. Judging from the kind of look Jaebum has before he turned from him and Jackson, those eyes he has before he left them there... Jinyoung knows Jaebum has already decided. And that decision will not be of any good for him and Mark. That, he knows and that he's sure of. He knows what is bound to happen. But right now, he wants to escape from all of it. Having Mark with him now, enables him to free himself from all of the other things he'd rather not mind. It's like they are heading for a crash... but Jinyoung refuses to think about it now.

For now... Mark is here with him. It is all that matters.

As they both sat there, cuddled beside each other, watching the sun slowly rising above the horizon, Jinyoung treasures the warm feeling inside him and hopes he could keep it for a longer time.

A moment after, Mark asks him if he's hungry and told him they should go and eat breakfast. Jinyoung said he wants to take a picture of the sunrise first so he looked for his phone but Mark said he kept both their phones away. "We both know what we have left back there... I just don't want to deal with of those right now. For now, let it be just us." Mark tells him and Jinyoung can't agree more. Instead, Mark hands him a film camera. The older tells him it's a cheap kind, one which he can dispose easily. Mark bought it at a local store they have passed by while driving. "Use this to get pictures."

For the next thirty minutes, Jinyoung and Mark stayed by the sea and enjoyed the scenery. Jinyoung dragged Mark into taking pictures of him while admiring the view. Jinyoung also took pictures of them together. Although Mark acts like he isn't fond of taking pictures, he could see differently from the smile Mark has all through out the time they were taking pictures. Jinyoung is glad to keep a proof of how happy Mark is while they were enjoying the sunrise together.

 

 

Jinyoung smiles back at the old woman who is the caretaker of the rest house they are renting. Mark is busy on f

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter